3 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Re the charity fund raising, and I totally accept this is an extreme example, but Jimmy Saville raised £40m for Stoke Mandeville,  and look how that ended! 

I also heard Chris Reeve is a really good artist, but Rolf Harris painted pictures too and look how that ended!!!

• Haha 1

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I also heard Chris Reeve is a really good artist, but Rolf Harris painted pictures too and look how that ended!!!

Exactly..... 

20 hours ago, curious yellow said:

Now Richard Keys has called Farke "stupid" No positive suggestions, just abuse because they were better than us. 

The same Richard Keys who got fired from Sky for being sexist? Like these voices even matter.

Was just cleaning the inside of my car before setting off to Norwich in a couple of hours, so put TalkSport on just as Simon Jordan was ripping this Crook fella a new one for his, and I quote "uneducated comments born from a lack of understanding of the perimeters a newly promoted side has to work with, especially after 18 months with very little gate income". 👍

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Was just cleaning the inside of my car before setting off to Norwich in a couple of hours, so put TalkSport on just as Simon Jordan was ripping this Crook fella a new one for his, and I quote "uneducated comments born from a lack of understanding of the perimeters a newly promoted side has to work with, especially after 18 months with very little gate income". 👍

I’m pleased to hear that, Ken, as he’s the only one I listen to on there (strangely, for his boxing analysis) other than Ray Parlour. He is so bang on the money with absolutely no time for bullshoite, and tells stuff exactly like it is, straight down the line. And once again, he’s absolutely right. He’s exactly the kind of bloke you want fighting your corner, the very fact he’s laid into a colleague in Alex (Scott 😉😂) and defended a club that he has zero affiliation with says a lot about him, as it does Trevor Sinclair.

• Like 3

Always likes listening to SImon Jordan, he does give a fair and balanced insight in to the workings at clubs that need more management, due to limited funds / income. 

good on him for fighting our corner too! 

Shove that in your pipe a smoke it Talk Sport.

I do believe that we have turned a corner after tonight and new hero's have emerged! 

I forecast upto 5 changes on Saturday after this performance. 

If you google Talksh*te, what comes up? ....... yep, second on this list!  Listen Live!   no thanks.... 

'It goes against sporting integrity'.... like £100m on one player doesn't, like the big 6 have more right to be in the EPL than us when they tried to leave it for money..... 

Sporting integrity is about fairness, fairplay, level playing fields, money has nothing to do with it...... our club has integrity coming out of every pore!!!  What an absolute muppet...  the berk owes us all an apology!   Trouble is that radio station is full of jokers unable to engage a brain before their gob!   

On 24/08/2021 at 12:45, Ken Hairy said:

Great to hear, shown him up for what he is.

Simon Jordan's opinion is one of experience so is a far better basis of what is fact and what is journalistic bull crap.

On 24/08/2021 at 13:05, Alex Moss said:

He’s exactly the kind of bloke you want fighting your corner, the very fact he’s laid into a colleague in Alex (Scott 😉😂

Good god he's brave doing that, I thought she was beyond criticism.

1 minute ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Good god he's brave doing that, I thought she was beyond criticism.

Scott or Crook, Rich T?!

32 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Not sure anyone cares about Crook 😂

Has he said anything further since his ‘rant’ against us the other day, Rich T? I know O’Hara backtracked on his comments, or at least removed them, but not heard anything on Alex Crook?

On 23/08/2021 at 17:57, Sean said:

https://insidefutbol.com/2021/08/23/what-stupidity-richard-keys-insists-daniel-farke-will-take-norwich-down/524607/

Another one talking sh*te. My immediate retort would be that Keys has made some pretty stupid decisions himself. Pot calling the kettle black

Whilst Keys is a sexist dinosaur what he says in that piece is not unreasonable. DF is certainly not stupid and on reflection Keys might regret that however DF can be accused of being naive. As many have pointed out on this forum DF only seems to have one way of playing with no plan B if that doesn’t work. What remains to be seen is how he does this season in that respect and losing to Liverpool and Manchester City is no guide.

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Has he said anything further since his ‘rant’ against us the other day, Rich T? I know O’Hara backtracked on his comments, or at least removed them, but not heard anything on Alex Crook?

He made some sarkie comment about upsetting the Norwich legends or something like that but not seen anything since.

I'm pleased to be able to say that I have never listened to Talksport, and I don't think that will change now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

Whilst Keys is a sexist dinosaur what he says in that piece is not unreasonable. DF is certainly not stupid and on reflection Keys might regret that however DF can be accused of being naive. As many have pointed out on this forum DF only seems to have one way of playing with no plan B if that doesn’t work. What remains to be seen is how he does this season in that respect and losing to Liverpool and Manchester City is no guide.

He has about 7 different plans if you paid any attention to last season and the changes in shape, style and patterns of play throughout matches

On 23/08/2021 at 09:45, Cantiaci Canary said:
3 hours ago, hogesar said:

He has about 7 different plans if you paid any attention to last season and the changes in shape, style and patterns of play throughout matches

We always play out from the back and that doesn’t change whoever we play. We are therefore susceptible to high presses and that frequently leaves space for the opposition to take advantage of. It doesn’t matter what shape we adopt, that is our style of play no matter what and DF has publicly stated that won’t change. 

2 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:
On 23/08/2021 at 09:45, Cantiaci Canary said:
3 hours ago, hogesar said:

We always play out from the back and that doesn’t change whoever we play. We are therefore susceptible to high presses and that frequently leaves space for the opposition to take advantage of. It doesn’t matter what shape we adopt, that is our style of play no matter what and DF has publicly stated that won’t change. 

So we get better at doing it. It is the stated style because the aim is to be the best footballing side we can be, not to compromise and become something less.   Also, several of our best acquisitions have stated they came to the club because of the way we want to play.   So the basic style is there, but as Hogesar says, we do adapt and change within and during games.

Anyhow, you can't become good at something unless you practice it and that is another reason for keeping on with the playing out from the back - it is a learning process and to develop it and improve it, we have to stick with it and work at it until we can beat the high presses more comfortably. Actually, if you are a good at it and draw in the opposition, it creates more space behind them and with the players we have available now, we can exploit that.

I’m probably misreading the tactics, but surely the point of playing out from the back is that you invite the high press, play through it, then move the ball quickly in order to take opposition players out of the game in the “wrong” half of the pitch and create better scoring opportunities? 

Of course, it comes with risk, especially against the top sides who are more likely to punish mistakes, but we demonstrated when beating Man City two years ago, it can come with reward. 

I think we also buy players to play in a given style. I’d say our purchases this time around have looked to add pace and strength in wide areas. Tzolis and Rashica both appear to be more direct than Cantwell and Buendia. I think we’ll look to hit them earlier, utilise the switch of play and turn defenders around rather than play in front of them. Or at least that is one option that we perhaps didn’t have before, or certainly not to the same skill level.

That in itself asks questions about line-ups. Where does that leave Cantwell or Dowell or even Pukki? It asks more questions of Hernandez and Placheta who were the “proper” wide options previously.

But, I think it does allow us to play in a more varied way, while maintaining quality levels across the pitch. Perhaps we’ll adapt a more “horses for courses” approach and, that adaptability, might allow us to change things mid-game more than just chucking on a Hugill or Hernandez and hoping.

But I’m no expert, obviously. I expect us to maintain our possession based ethic but perhaps be able to change it up if it isn’t working a bit easier. There are far more tactically astute posters than I, happy to be advised!! 

12 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

No Simon Jordan for having the nerve to say anything about the media favourite 🤷🏻‍♂️😬

He didn't criticise Alex Scott, he criticised Alex Crook. If you go back to the 13:05 post you can see it was meant to be a joke about confusing the two. 

TalkSport is just clickbait and Wickes adverts, not sure why anyone listens to it...I'm not sure many do. They're now surplus to requirements, most clubs have fan channels, club supporting journalists (Bailey in our case) that provide far more in-depth and insightful coverage of a club's activities. TS is getting desperate, as Jack Reeve said, it's the Piers Morgan style of journalism. I just laugh as they expose themselves as being utterly clueless and incompetent. 

I've never actually listened to TalkSport but, as they say, there is no such thing as bad publicity, and I'll give it a go in the car this am.

It'll make a change from PopMaster (which seems to be getting more difficult these days in any case,  Jim.) I'm worried about Ken.

That original comment about City must have been a wind-up as it's so absurd for so many reasons. In fact, it's total nonsense.

30 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

He didn't criticise Alex Scott, he criticised Alex Crook. If you go back to the 13:05 post you can see it was meant to be a joke about confusing the two. 

Oh I see 🤦

Thank god for that as she's not allowed to be criticised 😬