Chris Reeve ( Talk Norwich City) has said he is now going to end his affiliation with Talksport. I’m sure they’re gutted to hear this news..

• Haha 3

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

Chris Reeve ( Talk Norwich City) has said he is now going to end his affiliation with Talksport. I’m sure they’re gutted to hear this news..

Thought he was good as Superman.....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

That's quite pathetic isn't it? No wonder other fans think we're all a bit soft and precious 🙄

The reaction of some Norwich fans over this shows TalkSport have done their jobs and we've taken the bait. 

O'Hara has just issued an apology to us mind. 

As much as I feel our owners hold us back, he is taking utter, ill informed sh*t. They hold us back because we are the only ones doing it as it should be done in an ideal world so to claim we are the ones not respecting sporting integrity is bizarre to say the least.

The problem in the prem is player wages and clubs like Man City and Chelsea, not clubs like Norwich. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Virtual reality said:

As an ex pro footballer Jamie O’Hara comment is an absolute disgrace. The club should demand an apology for that 

As much as I feel our owners hold us back, he is taking utter, ill informed sh*t. They hold us back because we are the only ones doing it as it should be done in an ideal world so to claim we are the ones not respecting sporting integrity is bizarre to say the least.

The problem in the prem is player wages and clubs like Man City and Chelsea, not clubs like Norwich. 

12 hours ago, Virtual reality said:

As an ex pro footballer Jamie O’Hara comment is an absolute disgrace. The club should demand an apology for that 

Jamie O’Hara is extremely thick. People like him are stealing a living as “pundits”

On 23/08/2021 at 08:45, FenwayFrank said:

Chris has arrived at Talksport HQ to hand in his notice. 

Happy boy now he’s free from those pariahs. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Chris has arrived at Talksport HQ to hand in his notice. 

image.thumb.jpeg.1adac28fd26d8410d2e3a214e0f656d0.jpeg

Courgette, or half a cucumber?.....

Laura Woods and Trevor Sinclair have just blasted that Crook chap as speaking utter nonsense. 

Edited by Ken Hairy

12 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

It’s not cheating the system it’s owners with a lack of ambition that is the issue, I’ll informed debate as normal from talk sport 

How long till your breakfast show starts on talksport Fred? 

If pundits like this really cared about the quality and integrity of the competition they'd be calling for wage caps, transfer caps, an end to the loan system etc etc. Instead they'll all be wanking themselves silly over City spending £100m on Grealish and Chelsea spending similar on Lukaku, not realising that the wealth discrepancy is what pushes clubs like us into having to choose between financial solvency or 'ambition.'

Wow heavy stuff for a Monday morning.

Chill out peeps. Let's do our talking on the pitch against teams we are expecting to do well against.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Wow heavy stuff for a Monday morning.

Chill out peeps. Let's do our talking on the pitch against teams we are expecting to do well against.

Too right, bring on the Foxes. 

Talk Sport = Daily Mail

Ignore it.

It serves a single purpose.

To make money from advertising by making people angry by pedalling deliberately inaccurate nonesense.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Jamie O'Hara, his last actual football gig was getting the boot at Billericay Town...probably for being a effing thicky (and he's not doing very well). 🤣

Apples

They are literally instructed to air controversial statements/views (even if they actually themselves believe the complete opposite) in order to get attention, calls into the show, and space on social media. All of which ultimately brings in finance.

Just ignore. 

Edited by Bovril
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Jamie O'Hara, his last actual football gig was getting the boot at Billericay Town...probably for being a effing thicky (and he's not doing very well). 🤣

Apples

Dunno, he's doing marvellously well at being an effing thick bar-steward.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

That's quite pathetic isn't it? No wonder other fans think we're all a bit soft and precious 🙄

The reaction of some Norwich fans over this shows TalkSport have done their jobs and we've taken the bait. 

O'Hara has just issued an apology to us mind. 

A lot of supporters from other sides quite rightly rounded in him, so an apology is the least of it; it might just be a soundbite/off the cuff comment but rather shows a lack of appreciation of the whole idea behind the football pyramid, being where you are in merit, and the issue of finances in the game.  It should be pretty basic stuff even for a pundit.

So if ive got this right,  teams who dont invest to compete in the EPL should step aside to allow someone from the Championship who will spend to compete in the EPL. 

So please explain why when a relegated team gets promoted again their parachute money stops (which I get, and agree with) but the money 'saved' is then redistributed to the EPL teams, rather than the remaining championship teams, which would close the financial gap a little, and allow further Championship teams to invest / compete better. 

Or is the EPL just trying to maintain its exclusivity. Surely not! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael Starr said:

This needs to be played to the players and staff at Colney tbh. There's our motivation boost.

I think it will be, Michael - we’ve seen Webber is big on motivational quotes etc so would imagine it’s exactly the kind of stuff that he will have pinned up on the dressing room wall - so cheers bloke from TalkSport who wears a D cup 👍

43 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Did he apologise live on radio Ken? What was said?

He said he only meant it as "banter", then went on to say he just wished we try something different at times on the pitch instead of trying to play the same way as we do in the Championship, which is fair point but I'll think we'll see as the season progresses that's exactly what we will do this season. He acknowledged we have spent some money on decent signings "on paper". 

Trevor Sinclair at least stated he's sat down with Webber and totally gets what we're doing as a club. 

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

A lot of supporters from other sides quite rightly rounded in him, so an apology is the least of it; it might just be a soundbite/off the cuff comment but rather shows a lack of appreciation of the whole idea behind the football pyramid, being where you are in merit, and the issue of finances in the game.  It should be pretty basic stuff even for a pundit.

Yeah I get that, but this Crook chap is just trying to be relevant and some of our fans, and Arsenal ones by all accounts are giving him the bites he wants. 

You can't deny that we have a very precious fanbase, we need to chill out at times to what people think, especially ones who have done no research at all about us. 

I couldn't give a toss what this chap thinks of us, given I'll admit enjoying Talksport without taking it seriously that I've no idea who Alex Crook is 

Edited by Ken Hairy

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Yeah I get that, but this Scott chap is just trying to be relevant and some of our fans, and Arsenal ones by all accounts are giving him the bites he wants. 

You can't deny that we have a very precious fanbase, we need to chill out at times to what people think, especially ones who have done no research at all about us. 

I couldn't give a toss what this chap thinks of us, given I'll admit enjoying Talksport without taking it seriously that I've no idea who Alex Scott is 

Has Alex Scott had a sex change, Ken?

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Has Alex Scott had a sex change, Ken?

More importantly, does (s)he enunciate the 'g' at the end of words correctly? 😉

• Haha 1