…so who determines what has to be spent?  Have Brentford managed to spend that sum/enough, or are they different because they managed to beat a scratch Arsenal side?

Complete and utter ignorance, but why would you expect anything more.

• Like 1

I used to listen to Talksport quite a lot however it is so biased towards the so called big teams its embarrassing. If I was to call in as a Norwich supporter they would cut me short so they could talk about Citeh, Utd, Liverpool et al. Occasionally listen to Laura Woods on way to work in the morning but that's about it now. Talksport should rename themselves as Talkaboutbigteamsonly. 

It’s not cheating the system it’s owners with a lack of ambition that is the issue, I’ll informed debate as normal from talk sport 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

It’s not cheating the system it’s owners with a lack of ambition that is the issue, I’ll informed debate as normal from talk sport 

You're as bad.

It's not lack of ambition, it's a lack of the funds needed to compete with a Liverpool or Man City.

Because that's all we've played so far 🤷🏻‍♂️

Stopped listening to this nonsense years ago.

When listeners are getting lectured on football by Darren Gough it sums up just how bad a radio station it actually is.

One of the most pointless stations ever created.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

When listeners are getting lectured on football by Darren Gough it sums up just how bad a radio station it actually is.

Agreed, it’s utter shi1te. Sutton and Savage seem rational and always diplomatic in comparison. 

22 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I think the phrase "owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp" should suffice in summing it up. Don't listen to its sister news station.😖

It is to quality journalism/punditry what masturbation is to sex. Sorta related to the matter in hand, yet somehow completely different.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Lots of commentators say we play the system and a short time ago I reproduced an article from the Times feeling sorry for our fans and asking “What’s the point of Norwich” - We seem trapped in this top 26 spiral playing beautiful football in the Championship but unable to compete in the Premier League.

Wouldn’t it be great to prove them wrong.

i'm so bored of this... 

If you want to support a "club" that is an investment enterprise for the sovereign wealth of fubar middle eastern country - feel free to f**k off.

We don't have 100m to invest in one player - f**king get used it..

We can't compete on/off the pitch with Liverpool and Man City - what a surprise.

If you can't deal with reality then stick to computer games.

• Like 11

Yes, two games in against Liverpool and Man City seems a completely balanced time to judge.

These guys are literally paid for brainless polarising opinion just to get people talking. They make the Daily Mail seem balanced, reasoned and thought provoking.

Not even worth giving the airtime to

Two seasons ago they may have at least had a point although it would still have been stupid. If other teams in the championship want to better us all they need to do is get promoted instead of us, right?

• Like 2

Considering we are one of the only self supporting clubs in the higher footballing pyramid, given our two title wins in the last 3 seasons shows we must be doing something right. Don’t talk to us about footballing integrity, we have plenty of it, how about introducing cost caps to level the playing field from spoilt rich owners who are killing football as a competitive sport!

• Like 5

Sounds like fair comments to me, ....although the season is still very young and the 'big' games are not against the top six clubs. We will soon see if the club can finally get a foot hold back in the premier League, without a massive financial gamble or are just content to ' yo- yo' between the 2 leagues and pocket the cash.

I'm pleased that the club has invested in the academy, with a big update in facilities, now it's time to seriously redevelope the stadium and expand capacity, which is just dated and cramped, by modern standards.

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

Two seasons ago they may have at least had a point although it would still have been stupid. If other teams in the championship want to better us all they need to do is get promoted instead of us, right?

Part of the argument is the parachute payments and I can see most champs clubs moaning about them

2 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Part of the argument is the parachute payments and I can see most champs clubs moaning about them

Then go and earn them. We have done so, and without earning shedloads of cash and also with far less financial backing from board members than most other teams in the Championship.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Then go and earn them. We have done so, and without earning shedloads of cash and also with far less financial backing from board members than most other teams in the Championship.

Agreed, people are forgetting we did 3 seasons in a row before 2019 at champs level

I would say these 'journalists' are cheating Talksport who presumably are paying these people money to talk about something they do not understand.

I would love to know where this magic money tree is so i can go and pick up a few windfalls.

• Like 1

Listening to Talksport is as futile as listening to Big Vince. Let's get on with our Mondays, folks... have a good day!

• Like 3

The paradox of the argument is that people like this moan about us not spending money to stay in the prem league and then moan about us spending money(parachute payments) to get promotion.

Neither of which is true or accurate.