Sign in to follow this  
Worthy Nigelton

Early Season Struggles

I know people are jumping off the deep end with how we're doomed again but I wanted to point out that in each of Farke's four seasons we've had a slightly ropey start. Two of those we went on to win the league! Season one we won one in the first five. Season two, the same, one win in five. Season three, two wins in five. Season four, two wins in five. 

Give the players and manager time and judge the season in April/May.  Nothing is won or lost in August. Long way to go.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Commentator in arsenal Chelsea said about our early season struggles but not being funny we've had the worst start and a team been covid struck and few new lads need bedding into a different league team and climate. 

In our first season in the Premier League we lost both of our opening games and failed to score. Stil stayed up.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, peter72 said:

In our first season in the Premier League we lost both of our opening games and failed to score. Stil stayed up.

Now that is a quality straw clutch 

Still beats getting a-r-s-e-r-a-p-e-d 7-1 by Colchester with extra gravel in the lube on the opening day in our first season in League One in decades.

4 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Now that is a quality straw clutch 

What I didn't tell you was that we spent nearly 60 million to achieve that. I think Bournemouth spent roughly that also when they got promoted.

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Still beats getting a-r-s-e-r-a-p-e-d 7-1 by Colchester with extra gravel in the lube on the opening day in our first season in League One in decades.

I’ve just automatically spelled that out in my head to the tune of that Noah and the Whale song (L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N). It fits rather well... Minimal lube.

10 hours ago, peter72 said:

9 hours ago, peter72 said:

What I didn't tell you was that we spent nearly 60 million to achieve that. I think Bournemouth spent roughly that also when they got promoted.

I'll let you into a secret that a lot of people who don't follow us don't know. We've spent 54.4 million so far and probably two more at least to come in so is going to be well over 60m. 

Also, the media would have you believe we are just the same as last time, but we are not.  What we have is a whole new midfield and attack to bed in and that will take a few matches.

Yes, we will play the same style as last time, but we will be doing it better and more direct - once we get going.  Lovely to see everyone writing us off - and the first two fixtures certainly gave them ammunition, but the story of our season has only just begun.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, peter72 said:

Pretty sure that in our first premier league season we beat both Arsenal & Chelsea in the opening two games - but yes we did still stay up

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Didn’t Burnley go their first ten games last season without a win ? Finished comfortably safe

Yeah but Burnley always somehow manage to survive. Well, most of the time. Bloody hate them. 

And yes thats probably based on jealously 😂