Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Ticketing Problems At Southampton & Liverpool.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/12388099/southampton-and-liverpool-suffer-ticket-issues-as-premier-league-capacity-crowds-return?fbclid=IwAR3Wrtld-HKaMni8UfkZqqzC2G7ns8iupmHGwkKZSRNCzSbj__8mKkRigjMSounds

Sounds like exactly the same problems as we experienced last week and at the Gillingham friendly if you read the article. Could it be we are using the same company to supply the technology ?

32 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I had no problem getting in with my ticket. The queues were also caused because not all the turnstiles were open.

I think that was the main reason where I am in the Upper Barclay - turnstiles 7-11, I think two were closed.  They ended up using the ‘extra’ one by the exit.  

Watford’s home game last week had problems too-they have been trying to persuade everyone to have their tickets on their mobiles. Apparently people were just showing the ticket on their screen to the staff operating the turnstiles. It was pointed out that someone with a ticket could send a picture to their mates who could then show it. I don’t know if that actually happened though.

Why are turnstiles closed if they know it's a full house? People need to get in the ground so just open the bloody things. I'm sure the clubs had long enough to see what needs to be done through the pandemic and take more staff on for when it is needed?

If Clubs can't get people in the ground in time they should delay the kick off. That will draw more attention to the problems such that they get solved.

11 minutes ago, essex canary said:

If Clubs can't get people in the ground in time they should delay the kick off. That will draw more attention to the problems such that they get solved.

That is exactly why clubs dont delays kick offs - at a guess! 

14 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I had no problem getting in with my ticket. The queues were also caused because not all the turnstiles were open.

Agreed, the issue to me seemed to be less turnstiles open and some more funnelling for bag checks which rarely happened previously.

One thing the club hadn't made it clear prior to the game was that season tickets needed to be used like a contactless card at the turnstile now, rather than being placed under the scanner.  I witnessed loads of fans trying to do the latter in the South Stand which slowed things down too.  Hopefully now everyone knows that, things will be better for the Leicester game.

The only problem I had was the turnstile guy questioning my age as it was the first time I'd been able to use my concessionary old age git season ticket! (I suppose I should take that as a compliment!!!!).

49 minutes ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

The only problem I had was the turnstile guy questioning my age as it was the first time I'd been able to use my concessionary old age git season ticket! (I suppose I should take that as a compliment!!!!).

Once you got in did you walk along briskly or do a pensioner shuffle to your seat?! 

2 hours ago, ncfcstar said:

Agreed, the issue to me seemed to be less turnstiles open and some more funnelling for bag checks which rarely happened previously.

One thing the club hadn't made it clear prior to the game was that season tickets needed to be used like a contactless card at the turnstile now, rather than being placed under the scanner.  I witnessed loads of fans trying to do the latter in the South Stand which slowed things down too.  Hopefully now everyone knows that, things will be better for the Leicester game.

They looked like the same readers from last season so they've obviously been trying to modify them as they still have the front opening. Wouldn't have been rocket science to tape over the front.

If we still had a Chief Operating Officer, having observed a problem at one game I suspect he may have thought about the problem and made certain there was no recurrence.

Neil Doncaster was in the habit of personally monitoring the crowd buildup and processing on matchday. Whatever other views we hold about Neil, on this point he was very much correct in putting Customer Service first and foremost.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

They looked like the same readers from last season so they've obviously been trying to modify them as they still have the front opening. Wouldn't have been rocket science to tape over the front.

Yep they are the same ones, there was a bloke before you got to the turnstile when I reached the South Stand who was telling people to touch the card rather than scan it, but I don't know how useful he would have been nearer to kick off.

14 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

Yep they are the same ones, there was a bloke before you got to the turnstile when I reached the South Stand who was telling people to touch the card rather than scan it, but I don't know how useful he would have been nearer to kick off.

We were only told to hold it to the front of the scanner once the insertion option from last year had failed. 

Given that my son and his mate have been issued new cards for this match, we were 1/2 expecting them not to work initially, based on previous experiences! 

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

They cannot tape up that part - as its still used for Bar code reading on paper tickets - well it was for the Gillingham match. 

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

If we still had a Chief Operating Officer, having observed a problem at one game I suspect he may have thought about the problem and made certain there was no recurrence.

Neil Doncaster was in the habit of personally monitoring the crowd buildup and processing on matchday. Whatever other views we hold about Neil, on this point he was very much correct in putting Customer Service first and foremost.

Neil was a regularly seen touring around the ground on a match day, agreed Essex. 

As was  Gordon Bennett in his day too (allegedly sometimes not on a match day too, but that's another story!)

On 23/08/2021 at 13:16, Greavsy said:

Once you got in did you walk along briskly or do a pensioner shuffle to your seat?! 

I skipped merrily down the concourse (with my face covering on of course!)

• Haha 1