NFN FC

To all you pant wetters

Just now, ROBFLECK said:

I'll keep you to that ... Atm we don't look like scoring do we?

Singling out Pukki is not fair imo and he will come good , but hopefully sooner rather than later.
Injury crisis hey...I'm sure they're up to the wear and tear of the Premier League ... I mean they have a squad that can cope with it...

Do we have the bottle, grit and determination, quality to get a result? A far more difficult questions to answer...

Hope so!

I’m trying to remember, without checking all the results on google, how many games it took back in the 2018/19 title winning season before we really started gelling and the new and old players all started getting the necessary telepathy together to play the way we do. Because to me that’s *really* what is missing at the moment, that cohesion to play quick one touch football - and not a CDM who would have very likely got sh@t on against Man City anyway.

Don’t think it was just 3 games in before so we might still have it a little rough just yet, but personally I’m not worried as am very confident it will come 👍. But yep, Leicester are getting down to the bare bones in that particular area so can’t see it doing us any harm, Flecky! 🙏

• Like 2

As I've just worked it out (on another thread) Man City's bench against Spurs cost £362m, so nearly 100m less than we've ever spent (£270m). EVER!  #letsstoptheknickerspillages

4 minutes ago, shruk4 said:

Guy scores a goal every other game for Norwich. Everyone should just relax, goals will come. Norwich will play good at some point.

Out of ‘likes’ unfortunately but very well said pal 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

I’m trying to remember, without checking all the results on google, how many games it took back in the 2018/19 title winning season before we really started gelling and the new and old players all started getting the necessary telepathy together to play the way we do. Because to me that’s *really* what is missing at the moment, that cohesion to play quick one touch football - and not a CDM who would have very likely got sh@t on against Man City anyway.

Don’t think it was just 3 games in before so we might still have it a little rough just yet, but personally I’m not worried as am very confident it will come 👍. But yep, Leicester are getting down to the bare bones in that particular area so can’t see it doing us any harm, Flecky! 🙏

Billy Gilmour + Lee-melou is actually a very good base to build any midfield on. I'm not too worried about the fabled CDM/Skipp replacement

It's probably been said a million times already in this thread (of which I've read none) but;

1. Liverpool loss had a lot of encouraging signs
  2. Man City loss was just terrible
  3. But any of us would have been shocked to come out of either with anything. Especially with disrupted pre-season.

So am I worried? No. Not yet. 

6 minutes ago, shruk4 said:

Billy Gilmour + Lee-melou is actually a very good base to build any midfield on. I'm not too worried about the fabled CDM/Skipp replacement

Agreed again, Shruk. Would like to see a young Alex Tettey type come in as think we could do with that option in certain games, but my feeling is that it’s not the be all and end all. It’s certainly not what lost is the game against Man City, that idea is laughable. What the real issue is not that final ‘missing piece’ but just getting this raft of new signings gelled and with the necessarily familiarity of knowing each other’s game. Only then will we play the football that we’re capable of. Look at Buendia at Villa - from what I’ve seen that telepathy just isn’t there with his new teammates like it was here with Todd, Teemu and the rest of the team. And it doesn’t matter how much people get their panties all sandy, it simply isn’t and wasn’t going to happen in the first two games regardless of the opposition (which is why pre season is vital!) - just ask Buendia! 

11 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

It's probably been said a million times already in this thread (of which I've read none) but;

3. But any of us would have been shocked to come out of either with anything. Especially with disrupted pre-season.

You will be when we get tonked by Watford and the gooners I hope. 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Well said Googler 👍. What we really could do with though is more current internationals, and less former internationals 😉😂

8 minutes ago, fredherring said:

You will be when we get tonked by Watford and the gooners I hope. 

Eh? Its almost like you want us to lose every game just so you can be proved right?? What a weird bloke you are

12 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Agreed again, Shruk. Would like to see a young Alex Tettey type come in as think we could do with that option in certain games, but my feeling is that it’s not the be all and end all. It’s certainly not what lost is the game against Man City, that idea is laughable. What the real issue is not that final ‘missing piece’ but just getting this raft of new signings gelled and with the necessarily familiarity of knowing each other’s game. Only then will we play the football that we’re capable of. Look at Buendia at Villa - from what I’ve seen that telepathy just isn’t there with his new teammates like it was here with Todd, Teemu and the rest of the team. And it doesn’t matter how much people get their panties all sandy, it simply isn’t and wasn’t going to happen in the first two games regardless of the opposition (which is why pre season is vital!) - just ask Buendia! 

I saw that too and every "new team" has to gel. A little too much black and white thinking on here admittedly , I mean "either you're a pant wetter or a happy clappy 😉 " .

I wasn't counting on points from the first two games either , but I was very disappointed with the performance on saturday , we would have lost against any other team in the PL ! (That's in my opinion).

But we really , really need a result from somewhere , just to get us going and not to let the heads drop . I read all these confident posts and rethoric about not worrying and having time enough to sort it out , but that was the same the last time we were in the PL ... 

To win games , you need to hit the back of the net with the pig's bladder... so I think scoring a PL goal is the first thing we will have to manage...plus getting a result. After saturday I am really not too sure when that is going to happen... There's a lot of excuses going around , some more feasible than the others . But if you have to play catchup after 4-5 games , you're in deep deep trouble...as the stats prove

32 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

You should be worried. Maybe it isn't exactly panic time but I think too many are looking for excuses not reasons

Bear in mind, 11 straight losses, two this season and the thumping by Newcastle and a pattern is emerging of us in the Prem or playing Prem teams.

Its an assumption or hope that it will get easier. But we have seen nothing to back that up and it looks like its going to take a change of system to make us viable.

• Thanks 1

@keelansgrandad that's what gets me too , the excuses and the assumption that it will all get much easier against the likes of Watford, Brighton , Burnley,...etc... Which I don't think is necessarily true. A very tough ask if you've been trounced in the first games of the season and your team is not up to it (yet).

Lots of excuses , like you say

On 22/08/2021 at 12:21, Uncle Fred said:

Worst ever start to a season in our history it’s a fact not pant wetting

its poor really poor and completely unacceptable, no excuses simply unacceptable 

Are you even a Norwich fan? Never anything to say unless it's describing the club as crap. What an utter bore!

1 minute ago, ROBFLECK said:

@keelansgrandad that's what gets me too , the excuses and the assumption that it will all get much easier against the likes of Watford, Brighton , Burnley,...etc... Which I don't think is necessarily true. A very tough ask if you've been trounced in the first games of the season and your team is not up to it (yet).

Lots of excuses , like you say

You don't think playing Watford, Brighton or Burnley will be easier than playing Man City or Liverpool?

Seriously?

I mean, we could lose to all 3 I suppose but that wouldn't alter the fact that they're clearly easier opposition to face than the current League Champions and the team they succeeded. 

10 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

You don't think playing Watford, Brighton or Burnley will be easier than playing Man City or Liverpool?

Seriously?

I mean, we could lose to all 3 I suppose but that wouldn't alter the fact that they're clearly easier opposition to face than the current League Champions and the team they succeeded. 

They're easier opposition , that's for sure , but if you're losing it all gets more difficult! No confidence , etc...

I don't claim that Liverpool etc... don't have a better team , more money , more class...

But every game in the PL is tough , every one of them and if you're losing each hill gets tougher to climb even if it seems like only a bump in the road! 

We'll see , but I agree with those that say we are in a habit of losing in the PL and we have not broken the habit yet. I hope it will come good like you do , but I haven't seen enough evidence that it will atm...

Good result against Leicester and that can all change rapidly , but you have to break the barren spell

38 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Are you even a Norwich fan? Never anything to say unless it's describing the club as crap. What an utter bore!

Couldn’t you find a woke reason for objecting to my post, you do disappoint me, snowflake 

16 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Couldn’t you find a woke reason for objecting to my post, you do disappoint me, snowflake 

Says the biggest whinging snowflake on the site. All you do is moan and whine about the club, grow up saddo! you can't have much time left to do it.

7 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Says the biggest whinging snowflake on the site. All you do is moan and whine about the club, grow up saddo! you can't have much time left to do it.

That’s not very woke