NFN FC

To all you pant wetters

10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The relevance is the that yes several of the players have changed but the end product most certainly has not.

And those said players (some of whom have only been at the club a matter of weeks) surely deserve a chance to get to know their new teammates and managers philosophy before the fans write off the entire team and season, no?

Just now, Fiery Zac said:

And those said players (some of whom have only been at the club a matter of weeks) surely deserve a chance to get to know their new teammates and managers philosophy before the fans write off the entire team and season, no?

And nobody is doing that. Honestly, as soon as someone says anything vaguely critical about a performance they get accused of pant wetting or writing the team/season off. We are not (except perhaps Rupp who is not good enough for that role). 

30 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

And nobody is doing that. Honestly, as soon as someone says anything vaguely critical about a performance they get accused of pant wetting or writing the team/season off. We are not (except perhaps Rupp who is not good enough for that role). 

Yes they most certainly have been (but I can’t be bothered to trawl through the rubbish to find them - match thread is a good place to start).

You are saying we should have bought a DM yet won’t wait until the transfer window closes to criticise the club over it. Not pant wetting but extremely inpatient and naive to the transfer situation.

Im critical of the performance yesterday, it was very very poor. Not arguing that at all. But I will defend the club, the team and the coach who have got us to this position and who are facing unwarranted over the top criticism after only 2 games of the season.

Other than maybe Palace, we have had the most transfer activity and have a big task integrating new players. With the step up to the PL being as big as it is, it’s an almighty task facing us to compete immediately (without mentioning the farcical pre season), and compete with two of the best teams in the league. Give us a few games, fitness sorted, new players understanding the system etc and then we’ll see where we’re at, should be able to give anyone a game.

Edited by Fiery Zac
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Yes they most certainly have been (but I can’t be bothered to trawl through the rubbish to find them - match thread is a good place to start).

You are saying we should have bought a DM yet won’t wait until the transfer window closes to criticise the club over it. Not pant wetting but extremely inpatient and naive to the transfer situation.

Im critical of the performance yesterday, it was very very poor. Not arguing that at all. But I will defend the club, the team and the coach who have got us to this position and who are facing unwarranted over the top criticism after only 2 games of the season.

Other than maybe Palace, we have had the most transfer activity and have a big task integrating new players. With the step up to the PL being as big as it is, it’s an almighty task facing us to compete immediately (without mentioning the farcical pre season), and compete with two of the best teams in the league. Give us a few games, fitness sorted, new players understanding the system etc and then we’ll see where we’re at.

Funny thing is no one as I can see is critical of DF, he’s said himself where we needed to strengthen at the start of the window, yet here we are two games in, 9 days from the end of the transfer window and playing an inexperienced young loanee in a holding role where it’s not his game!

I’m certainly critical of the clubs focus on more young players in areas we already have cover in before strengthening the weak areas. As I’ve said elsewhere it’s almost like we targeted the last two player with the view of development with selling at massive profit than giving the premiership a real go!

I’ll not be too critical of DF or Webber as they have a brief to ensure we are a selling club, so the obvious way we’re set means we will always be looking at players to sell for big profit in the future. Not sure it’s the best situation for a premier league campaign.

But that’s our club as it is, we have to accept and support that.

Edited by Indy

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Funny thing is no one as I can see is critical of DF, he’s said himself where we needed to strengthen at the start of the window, yet here we are two games in, 9 days from the end of the transfer window and playing an inexperienced young loanee in a holding role where it’s not his game!

I’m certainly critical of the clubs focus on more young players in areas we already have cover in before strengthening the weak areas. As I’ve said elsewhere it’s almost like we targeted the last two player with the view of development with selling at massive profit than giving the premiership a real go!

I’ll not be too critical of DF or Webber as they have a brief to ensure we are a selling club, so the obvious way we’re set means we will always be looking at players to sell for big profit in the future. Not sure it’s the best situation for a premier league campaign.

Criticism of the formation, defending and substitutions is surely about Farke?

New formation I like but even if I didn’t think it suited us, I would certainly give it more than 2 games to judge.

Defending of set pieces I think has been better as I can’t remember a corner of free kick where we didn’t win the first header. Not much to be done about the Salah strike and unlucky not to clear yesterday with the ball hitting Gilmours knee? Again though it’s too early to judge one way or the other. Defending in general play has been poor as we become too narrow and full backs very exposed. When the passing play from the back doesn’t work, the defence is put under pressure and it’s been too easy in the wide areas so far. We’re reliant on the wide front 2 doing their bit in defence and too often so far Cantwell and Rashica haven’t looked up to it. But again, it’s 2 games against two of the best!

Yes he said where we need to strengthen but also Webber said how the transfer window could well go, and that we’d need to be patient. It’s a shame some of the fans can’t be as patient to get results as the club is to get their results in the transfer market

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

I’m certainly critical of the clubs focus on more young players in areas we already have cover in before strengthening the weak areas.

Im not sure they have necessarily prioritised those transfers, it's more a case that those are the ones they managed to get over the line first. Pretty sure if they could have signed a CB and CDM at the beginning of the window they would have. It's just the way it's panned out. The club has been open that we still have business to do.

Quite a few posts on here about the lack of a DM and of course we do need one badly, but it was plainly obvious City hung on to one loan spot for quite awhile in the hope of a Skipp return. City seem to have identified Norman for that spot..whether they can get him and if he will be good enough is a pointless debate right now.

As for those  talking about why Tzolis has not played yet...theyve obviously not listened to DF and what he said a week or so ago..the guy is young...needs time to bed in...more a future prominent prospect than right at this moment..so for goodness sake be patient for Christos to strut his stuff..it will come when DF believes the time is right.

Also some  feel the same lessons from 2 years ago have not been learned..but hey DF aint stupid...his after  game  reaction said about how they had spoken in length about the danger down the left that Man City could create..and yep...4 goals resulted from that very topic. Issue is that Dimi is as inexperienced to Prem football as this Summer's signings...as is Mumba. So getting  someone in like Brandon Williams IS as important as getting in a DM.

The Prem is absolutely brutal and the computer decided to make it as brutal as it could be by giving us Pool and Man City, followed by Leicester and Arsenal as a season opener. DF has said for a long time that City  will need to likely start after the international break to see any real results from all these new signings...and remember...its just a start...not a finished result. But of course that is no consolation points wise, the season rolls on giving us no time for excuses, reasons, adjustments, future hopes...

So do i think it means relegation for us again?...more than likely yea, but am i pant wetting?...nope..i still believe we have the makings of a stronger squad than last time, but it may take yet another relegation...hence yet another promotion...for it to finally get us the true chance of surviving this unrelenting  Premier League...its that tough with our kind of self  funding and unique set up. OTBC.

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

Surely we have no alternative to selling players. It's not just a Norwich thing is it Indy?

Isn't it better to have good young players who can improve rather than established players who will deteriorate. And when we had those players you didn't want them. You wanted good young players. 

It's all a bit too Tigger's breakfast.

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Surely we have no alternative to selling players. It's not just a Norwich thing is it Indy?

Isn't it better to have good young players who can improve rather than established players who will deteriorate. And when we had those players you didn't want them. You wanted good young players. 

It's all a bit too Tigger's breakfast.

That’s the key Nutty, no doubt and as I’ve said I’m not too critical, but the focus looks to be to buy to consolidate future not spend a few more million on Ajer, so now we have Idah, Sargent both can play wide, Placheta, Hernandez, Dowell, Cantwell, Tzolis and Rashica all play as wide players preferred positions! 
I fully appreciate we do need to develop and I like you love to see us get the next Buendia through our team. But surely there’s a balance to be had?

42 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Other than maybe Palace, we have had the most transfer activity and have a big task integrating new players. With the step up to the PL being as big as it is, it’s an almighty task facing us to compete immediately (without mentioning the farcical pre season), and compete with two of the best teams in the league. Give us a few games, fitness sorted, new players understanding the system etc and then we’ll see where we’re at, should be able to give anyone a game.

Just because everyone else buys Webber’s spin that “you have to be patient” and everything happens at the end of the window doesn’t make it true. The reason we are having to wait is either because we put all our eggs in the Skipp basket or because we are relying on some loan to buy deal at the last minute. That is not how you approach what should have been the number 1, absolute priority transfer this summer. 

no doubt Webber is now panicking a bit realising he will have f***ed up big time if they don’t get done one in so I fully expect it to happen but we’ve known this needed addressing since the moment we were promoted.

Villa didn’t have to be patient did they when we  them our best player on receipt of the first moderately acceptable offer. 

36 minutes ago, Indy said:

I am a bit. I like Farke a lot but he needs to get a grip of the set pieces, pick a more robust midfield and cut out the naive tactics against the big teams, 

10 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

The reason we are having to wait is either because we put all our eggs in the Skipp basket or because we are relying on some loan to buy deal at the last minute.

In your opinion. No evidence whatsoever for this assumption.

11 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:
57 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Just because everyone else buys Webber’s spin that “you have to be patient” and everything happens at the end of the window doesn’t make it true.

He didn’t say everything happens at the end of the window. But patient yes, surely it’s only sensible and respectful to wait until the window closes before moaning we haven’t bought the right reinforcements?

13 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Villa didn’t have to be patient did they when we  them our best player on receipt of the first moderately acceptable offer

Have you read the piece by the Athletic about the Emi transfer? If true (no reason to believe it isn’t), then your point above has no relevance on our own dealings in buying players.

We’re starting to go round in circles and obviously aren’t going to agree on much. I’m willing to be patient and assess our prospects once the transfer window has closed, the new signings have had time to bed in and new formation integrated. 2 games in my opinion is not a fair assessment of the forthcoming season, however poor yesterday was.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Indy said:

That’s the key Nutty, no doubt and as I’ve said I’m not too critical, but the focus looks to be to buy to consolidate future not spend a few more million on Ajer, so now we have Idah, Sargent both can play wide, Placheta, Hernandez, Dowell, Cantwell, Tzolis and Rashica all play as wide players preferred positions! 
I fully appreciate we do need to develop and I like you love to see us get the next Buendia through our team. But surely there’s a balance to be had?

Surely the only relevance in playing Idah and Sargent wide would be if Pukki is playing central. Cantwell and Dowell aren't wide players either. I'm not sure about Tzolis yet. Or Rashica. 

I don't know about Ajer. Did we sign the forward players instead of him. That seems well amateurish to me. I have more faith in Webber.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Do you think you've been vaguely critical Jim? 

That would be a first🙃 

Do you think it's fair to criticise this team on what you saw 2 seasons ago? I think they deserve more of a chance.

How many defeats in a  row is it in the Prem?

All this pant wetter stuff is smoke and mirrors.There has been no evidence in the two games to suggest anything other than another tough season. We have been soundly beaten twice. So rather than keep calling people pant wetters and basing it on a projected hope that things will improve, base it on what you have seen on the last two performances.

Its the same as calling people happy clappers. Its a silly phrase.

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

How many defeats in a  row is it in the Prem?

All this pant wetter stuff is smoke and mirrors.There has been no evidence in the two games to suggest anything other than another tough season. We have been soundly beaten twice. So rather than keep calling people pant wetters and basing it on a projected hope that things will improve, base it on what you have seen on the last two performances.

Its the same as calling people happy clappers. Its a silly phrase.

I haven't checked back Pops but I'm pretty sure most posters havent called people pant wetters or happy clappers.

48 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I haven't checked back Pops but I'm pretty sure most posters havent called people pant wetters or happy clappers.

I think there is one in the opening heading Double N.

I was trying to express my desire not to witness either phrase. We all get what we want and need out of supporting our team and club. 

Fact is we having started poorly. Some see that a portent for the season others prefer its who we have played.

Either way, its not pleasant seeing us beaten time after time at this level. Was it 11 or 12 at the end of the previous season and now two more? 

Still, luckily nobody is ripping up their tickets and it will be full house next home match and belief we can win.

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Surely the only relevance in playing Idah and Sargent wide would be if Pukki is playing central. Cantwell and Dowell aren't wide players either. I'm not sure about Tzolis yet. Or Rashica. 

I don't know about Ajer. Did we sign the forward players instead of him. That seems well amateurish to me. I have more faith in Webber.

That’s a strange response Nutty, for the last three years Cantwell has been wide left, Dowell preferred position prior to coming here was right side and we’ve played a number of options through 10…..Idah has probably played more games wide than through the centre for us. So I’m really not sure why you’re disagreeing!

Still we know that we were 3 million short on Ajer, we didn’t believe he was worth that, Brentford did, done and dusted.

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

That’s a strange response Nutty, for the last three years Cantwell has been wide left, Dowell preferred position prior to coming here was right side and we’ve played a number of options through 10…..Idah has probably played more games wide than through the centre for us. So I’m really not sure why you’re disagreeing!

Still we know that we were 3 million short on Ajer, we didn’t believe he was worth that, Brentford did, done and dusted.

And two clean sheets compared to our embarrassing defensive efforts

2 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

The good news is we are only 3 points off 8th place

Hey yea and have same amount of points as Arsenal, Wolves, Burnley and Newcastle, plus played Pool and Man City once already...maybe not the end of the world footballing wise just yet after all.

16 minutes ago, Indy said:

I don't think it's strange! Certainly not for me🙃

But then I don't think every attacking player apart from Pukki is playing wide 🙃

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The relevance is the that yes several of the players have changed but the end product most certainly has not.

As in we arent competitive against the top teams in world football? Because they're the only two fixtures we've played before and guess what,  that fact isn't going to change.

5 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Just because everyone else buys Webber’s spin that “you have to be patient” and everything happens at the end of the window doesn’t make it true. The reason we are having to wait is either because we put all our eggs in the Skipp basket or because we are relying on some loan to buy deal at the last minute. That is not how you approach what should have been the number 1, absolute priority transfer this summer. 

no doubt Webber is now panicking a bit realising he will have f***ed up big time if they don’t get done one in so I fully expect it to happen but we’ve known this needed addressing since the moment we were promoted.

Villa didn’t have to be patient did they when we  them our best player on receipt of the first moderately acceptable offer. 

Why are you lying?

Some of the biggest transfers in history have happened at the end of a window. Heck some have even waited till the January window! That's the richest clubs in the world. Man City might not get Kane till the end of the window.

Yet you think you know better than Webber, have decided he's panicking and made a mistake on Skipp. Because that's what you do. You love an opportunity to assume someone at the club has got it wrong and you can see it better. 

You do this every time.

Edited by hogesar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Why are you lying?

Some of the biggest transfers in history have happened at the end of a window. Heck some have even waited till the January window! That's the richest clubs in the world. Man City might not get Kate till the end of the window.

Yet you think you know better than Webber, have decided he's panicking and made a mistake on Skipp. Because that's what you do. You love an opportunity to assume someone at the club has got it wrong and you can see it better. 

You do this every time.

Who does Kate play for? 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

In 2004 we didn't win until the 14th game. No one died. In fact we came through it ok. 

Now we get total melt down after just 2 games. If this gets past 6 then I fear for some of you.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

In 2004 we didn't win until the 14th game. No one died. In fact we came through it ok. 

Now we get total melt down after just 2 games. If this gets past 6 then I fear for some of you.

Christ, there’ll be fans canvassing outside for signatures on petitions and all sorts…

@Indy 

This is what i mean about Todd and our other forward players not being wide players. It explains it better than I could. Check out the heat maps and touch maps. I honestly don't think you can lump these attacking players in with Argos and Plachetta and call them all wide players.

https://tactical-times.com/todd-cantwell-norwich-city-vs-newcastle-united-player-performance-review/