NFN FC

To all you pant wetters

20 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I think that regardless of who the opposition have been, anyone can plainly see for themselves that we have not addressed those weaknesses and that we still can’t defend corners properly and will make errors at the back. The “lesser” prem clubs may not punish us to the extent Man City did but they will all be capable of exploiting it as indeed did Newcastle in the friendly. 

We were even less fit against Newcastle than we are now.

We will be fine.

I think you are expecting far too much, really.

Pretty much every team makes errors at the back.

Especially those who have to face two European supergiants after a Covid truncated preseason.

Come on Jimo.

Get behind them.

19 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Apologies FatCanary, the happy clapping/pant wetting wasn’t directed at you, more a general observation of the bi polar nature of this board.

I get that the defensive workout has been higher in these two games than typical so would agree that more time and games needed to form a considered view but every team we face will have players able to produce a decent ball across, through or over and so far there is nothing to suggest we will reduce the frequency or handle the danger any better than last time. I was expecting 0 points but seeing a new way of playing, solid, organised with quick counter attacking after all we just spent £20m on speedy wingers but maybe that’s credit to the opposition, we will see

No worries. 

I think Liverpool and Man City played a much bigger role in our malaise than people realise.

I admit that if we do not get a single point out of the next two, ill be disappointed, but no more than that at this stage. Patience.

I know I'm quite abrasive, but thats just my passion for NCFC.

We all have that.

Except Big Vince, he's a Binner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I think that regardless of who the opposition have been, anyone can plainly see for themselves that we have not addressed those weaknesses and that we still can’t defend corners properly and will make errors at the back. The “lesser” prem clubs may not punish us to the extent Man City did but they will all be capable of exploiting it as indeed did Newcastle in the friendly. 

I thought it was quite commonly agreed on here post Liverpool game that our general defending of set pieces was a massive improvement on 2 years ago.

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

Worst ever start to a season in our history it’s a fact not pant wetting

its poor really poor and completely unacceptable, no excuses simply unacceptable 

A bit like Brexit then?

Although we knew that we were going to lose, it's difficult to take. Frustrating that we are not able to offer more resistance to these type of teams, although we have talented players to do this. Sad that we were not able to strengthen the defence before the season started and worrying how its going to affect the confidence of the players. No games are going to be easy, the next two weeks will be vital but a back up left back is the least of or priorities. 

When I got home from the game this morning I was quite deflated , then I looked at this forum and it cheered me up.

most of the posts are absolutely laughable.

OTBC.

11 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Although we knew that we were going to lose, it's difficult to take. Frustrating that we are not able to offer more resistance to these type of teams, although we have talented players to do this. Sad that we were not able to strengthen the defence before the season started and worrying how its going to affect the confidence of the players. No games are going to be easy, the next two weeks will be vital but a back up left back is the least of or priorities. 

Agreed...a loss is tough to take...but the way we were carved open and the little we created is the most worrying...

32 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So are you saying we are relegated already Jimbo?

No I’m not Nutty. But I will say that if we do not address this issue in the midfield and Farke doesn’t sort out the marking and get a bit more “pragmatic” then we will get relegated. 

20 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

I thought it was quite commonly agreed on here post Liverpool game that our general defending of set pieces was a massive improvement on 2 years ago.

Not by me it wasn’t. It was farcical against Liverpool. We consistently left 4 of their players unmarked to pick up the second ball.

I will acknowledge that last season, we eventually managed to get a bit of a grip on this issue but we seem to have regressed. 

21 minutes ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

Exactly....... and look what happened after that

Yeah we sacked the manager 🙃

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

No I’m not Nutty. But I will say that if we do not address this issue in the midfield and Farke doesn’t sort out the marking and get a bit more “pragmatic” then we will get relegated. 

I think we have to be careful not to project these 2 defeats through the rest of the season. I've never known a season pan out that way. I suppose we could get zero points and zero goals. I don't think so though.

This thread is supposed to be about pant wetting. I think it's more about a hissy fit over 2 results.

Edited by nutty nigel

Just brilliant, we mustn’t talk about the lack of effort, organisational positioning the four identical times we got done………but I’m sure the players are as pleased as some on here to have got away playing two games against arguably the best side with minus eight goal difference. 😂💛💚

34 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Let's not forget ... we haven't even seen Tzolis on the pitch yet!

I hope he can defend! 

36 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Let's not forget ... we haven't even seen Tzolis on the pitch yet!

That has been a big surprise for me. He had completed a pre season and a couple of games? before transfer so is match fit. I thought perhaps Cantell could have moved into centre and Tzolis replace Rupp at half time instead. Not to have had a minute on pitch after those two games which were lost by 75mins is odd. To me it points towards him being a replacement (Cantwell) rather than addition and currently we have no room for our potential record signing.

Edited by Son Ova Gunn

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Nobody is pant wetting. What people are doing is pointing out that we have not addressed our weaknesses and filled that physicality hole in the midfield. It’s not good enough for it to keep being said “we have more business to do” - it needs to be sorted. 

There absolutely has been pant wetting on here, Jim - we’re 2 games in.

In 2018 we had exactly the same thing at the start of the season when bedding in new players. Once the players gelled and got their telepathy up to speed, we were relentless, going on to win the league. Those are facts. Slagging the players off early doors proved to be unfair, not to mention very unsupportive.

There is no justification for hysterics at this nascent stage. But thankfully it’s clear there’s plenty of folk that won’t through the players under the bus just yet, and good on them 🙏

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I think we have to be careful not to project these 2 defeats through the rest of the season. I've never known a season pan out that way. I suppose we could get zero points and zero goals. I don't think so though.

This thread is supposed to be about pant wetting. I think it's more about a hissy fit over 2 results.

I’m not though. I’m projecting what I saw last time in the premier league, looking to see if it has changed or been addressed and seeing that it hasn’t. Yes the two results have affirmed that view but we simply have not addressed the two main things that almost every single fan would have told you 3 months ago need to be addressed.

I think we’ve bought some talent and we could do ok but only if we can rectify these issues quickly as otherwise they will undermine everything. I think also Farke needs to be more adaptable. 

1 hour ago, NFN FC said:

We have played 2 of the top teams in the world and we lost. We played okay against Liverpool and we were terrible against Man City. 

However, we also have many new faces in the squad. Man City and Liverpool were both barely changed squads since last season. People need to calm down a bit and let us bed in our new players. We barely had a preseason and the loss of Skipp has left a big hole in the middle. 

Lees-Melou has shown a lot of promise and there's definitely a player in there. 

No need for all the pant wetting, calls of an oppressive left-wing regime and general negative vibes. Give the team some more time and see how they play against teams outside of the top 6. 

OTBC 

Agree with most of that.

The season begins against Watford, that's plenty of time to have players 'bedded in' as you call it.

I think it's fair to aim a bit of criticism at the club for not getting the defensive midfielder position sorted in time for the season though. It's been called out for weeks, the end of last season in fact.

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I don’t think it’s a hissy fit Nutty,I think a few of us have been calling for reinforcements in CB DM all year, now we’re a week away from transfer window closing yet we have eight wide attacking players, two who can play as CF and lack in the key areas where Farke himself prioritised.

But your correct well grind some results out, but I hope we show more bottle than yesterday.

I guess being concerned that we have only scored 2 goals in our last 11 PL games makes me a pant wetter.

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I guess being concerned that we have only scored 2 goals in our last 11 PL games makes me a pant wetter.

Not to mention 15 game losing streak too! Isn’t it 😉

16 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yeah pretty much. No idea what relevance 2 seasons ago has to do with this one, considering the majority of players have changed for both us and the opposition.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I’m not though. I’m projecting what I saw last time in the premier league, looking to see if it has changed or been addressed and seeing that it hasn’t. Yes the two results have affirmed that view but we simply have not addressed the two main things that almost every single fan would have told you 3 months ago need to be addressed.

I think we’ve bought some talent and we could do ok but only if we can rectify these issues quickly as otherwise they will undermine everything. I think also Farke needs to be more adaptable. 

Ok 

So you do think these two results mean we are relegated. They also mean Farke is no longer good enough. That's fine btw. But I don't agree. 

43 minutes ago, Indy said:

I don’t think it’s a hissy fit Nutty,I think a few of us have been calling for reinforcements in CB DM all year, now we’re a week away from transfer window closing yet we have eight wide attacking players, two who can play as CF and lack in the key areas where Farke himself prioritised.

But your correct well grind some results out, but I hope we show more bottle than yesterday.

I can't stop you people projecting these results across the rest of the season. It's a valid point of view I guess. But it's not for me.

38 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Ok 

So you do think these two results mean we are relegated. They also mean Farke is no longer good enough. That's fine btw. But I don't agree. 

I didn’t say that although I thing Farkes tactics and selection yesterday were poor and he also has to carry the cab for the set pieces.he’s very good at certain things, not so great at others. 

It was a disappointing performance yesterday compared with Liverpool but I was always expecting the results against the big teams to turn out like this. I’m going to wait for the transfer window to close and some of the fixtures against weaker teams to pass until I start making predictions on how we’ll do this season

I mean we’re definitely going to get relegated aren’t we, because we’ve lost our opening two games against two of the strongest teams in the world, there’s only 36 games left, and we can still sign more players.....

We need to see how we do in some of the games we stand a better chance of getting something from before we start predicting our likelihood of survival, and the way I’ve seen some fans react to these opening games on here and social media gives me the impression they were expecting us to be fighting for a place in Europe or that relegation is almost sealed

52 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah pretty much. No idea what relevance 2 seasons ago has to do with this one, considering the majority of players have changed for both us and the opposition.

The relevance is the that yes several of the players have changed but the end product most certainly has not.

10 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I didn’t say that although I thing Farkes tactics and selection yesterday were poor and he also has to carry the cab for the set pieces.he’s very good at certain things, not so great at others. 

He'll do the best he can with what we've got Jimbo.