NFN FC

To all you pant wetters

We have played 2 of the top teams in the world and we lost. We played okay against Liverpool and we were terrible against Man City. 

However, we also have many new faces in the squad. Man City and Liverpool were both barely changed squads since last season. People need to calm down a bit and let us bed in our new players. We barely had a preseason and the loss of Skipp has left a big hole in the middle. 

Lees-Melou has shown a lot of promise and there's definitely a player in there. 

No need for all the pant wetting, calls of an oppressive left-wing regime and general negative vibes. Give the team some more time and see how they play against teams outside of the top 6. 

OTBC 

• Like 10

Its not even our worst result against Man City. The tripe I've seen on Twitter throwing everyone under the bus is ridiculous. Sure, we were very far from good, but we know about our preseason and we know that even established PL sides regularly get thumped by Man City.

Also this witch hunt on Pukki breaks my heart

He's sodding Pukki.

Youd never have treated Grant Holt like this.

• Like 6

Worst ever start to a season in our history it’s a fact not pant wetting

its poor really poor and completely unacceptable, no excuses simply unacceptable 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Not a problem for me, just pop a pair of these on every match day. 

image.thumb.jpeg.ce1f2915268e50514cd2596fd7edfa6f.jpeg

I shat myself during the warm up. Nothing to do with the game. 

Do these have ample containment capacity for a full blow out?

OTBC

• Haha 3

Exactly. We've just got to get to the first international break then hopefully most of the lads will be somewhat bedded in. Embryonic teams and structures will naturally be inconsistent - if the Liverpool showing was impressive, this wasn't.

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

its poor really poor and completely unacceptable, no excuses simply unacceptable 

To be frank, you've been pretty ordinary as well. 

2 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I shat myself during the warm up. Nothing to do with the game. 

Do these have ample containment capacity for a full blow out?

OTBC

Hold around 3/4 pints worth, Canary store are hoping to get some in stock in club colours with badge crest. 

• Like 1

Always wonder what some fans expect from our club.

Many others this season who are far more settled in the PL will ship as many as we have just done against Man City.

Many others this season who are far more settled in the PL will ship as many as we have against Liverpool.

I think before everyone wets themselves let's maybe wait until we see how we do against teams outside of the top 5 or 6, then they can start the wetting process.

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Hold around 3/4 pints worth, Canary store are hoping to get some in stock in club colours with badge crest. 

Laughed out loud at that. Would give you a reaction but mine seem busted today.

I think I've found the marketing team's promo pictures...

Delia and Michael volunteered to model them. Respect!

_38353853_norwich_pants1_fog_300.jpg.b809ac02dfb6a56315d9dca21980b08d.jpg1749449016_71BppPlecL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.1a35a9dd36f1e589c3c704c18aadb590.jpg

OTBC

24 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

We have played 2 of the top teams in the world and we lost. We played okay against Liverpool and we were terrible against Man City. 

However, we also have many new faces in the squad. Man City and Liverpool were both barely changed squads since last season. People need to calm down a bit and let us bed in our new players. We barely had a preseason and the loss of Skipp has left a big hole in the middle. 

Lees-Melou has shown a lot of promise and there's definitely a player in there. 

No need for all the pant wetting, calls of an oppressive left-wing regime and general negative vibes. Give the team some more time and see how they play against teams outside of the top 6. 

OTBC 

We’ve been rolled over in the first two games. I love your optimism but in my opinion our squad has been weakened with the departure of buendia and it shows 

14 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Every season we start against Liverpool and man city don't we 🙈🙄

Nobody is pant wetting. What people are doing is pointing out that we have not addressed our weaknesses and filled that physicality hole in the midfield. It’s not good enough for it to keep being said “we have more business to do” - it needs to be sorted. 

10 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Laughed out loud at that. Would give you a reaction but mine seem busted today.

I think I've found the marketing team's promo pictures...

Delia and Michael volunteered to model them. Respect!

_38353853_norwich_pants1_fog_300.jpg.b809ac02dfb6a56315d9dca21980b08d.jpg1749449016_71BppPlecL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.1a35a9dd36f1e589c3c704c18aadb590.jpg

OTBC

Michael has kept in shape, must be the Woodbine fags and quality food helping. 

8 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Nobody is pant wetting. What people are doing is pointing out that we have not addressed our weaknesses and filled that physicality hole in the midfield. It’s not good enough for it to keep being said “we have more business to do” - it needs to be sorted. 

Would you say the two games so far are an accurate measuring stick given the period of assessment:

A) Is just 180 minutes plus added time long

B) Was against two European giants and the last two champions

I think it is fairly obvious that people are reacting disproportionately to the evidence provided, Jim.

Your own agenda about a holding midfielder does not change that there hasn't been a large enough sample size of fixtures to ascertain that we have not addressed our weaknesses.

It is grossly unfair. You seem a smart fellow. Do the math.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

Would you say the two games so far are an accurate measuring stick given the period of assessment:

I think it is fairly obvious that people are reacting disproportionately to the evidence provided, Jim.

Your own agenda about a holding midfielder does not change that there hasn't been a large enough sample size of fixtures to ascertain that we have not addressed our weaknesses.

You clearly weren’t at the game yesterday!

Just now, Uncle Fred said:

You clearly weren’t at the game yesterday!

That response means absolutely nothing to me, sorry, what are you getting at?

Also you're more likely to understand a game from watching it on TV than being there, intangible debate about what it means to be a real fan aside.

Thats just logic. Though not really your strong point, Uncle.

2 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

It’s not just Man City and Liverpool that can thread a ball between a centre back and full back or whip in a cross or corner though is it? Our set piece defending was truly shocking last time in this league and all the signs are there that this weakness remains. Our defence was horribly exposed without a decent shield last time, there are signs that this remains a problem. Once teams worked out a pressing game to create enough mistakes in our play from the back possession football we looked in trouble without ability to change, perhaps too early to tell yet but no evidence this has changed. Why does everything have to be either happy clapping or pant wetting? There are clearly some issues that need addressing and I hope they are swiftly before getting cut adrift with serious moral damage and if I have to wear a tenner lady because I see it then so be it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

It’s not just Man City and Liverpool that can thread a ball between a centre back and full back or whip in a cross or corner though is it? Our set piece defending was truly shocking last time in this league and all the signs are there that this weakness remains. Our defence was horribly exposed without a decent shield last time, there are signs that this remains a problem. Once teams worked out a pressing game to create enough mistakes in our play from the back possession football we looked in trouble without ability to change, perhaps too early to tell yet but no evidence this has changed. Why does everything have to be either happy clapping or pant wetting? There are clearly some issues that need addressing and I hope they are swiftly before getting cut adrift with serious moral damage and if I have to wear a tenner lady because I see it then so be it.

Have I used the words happy clapping or pant wetting in my previous post?

Also 'tenner lady' is a cracking typo

No one is saying there aren't issues that need addressing.

I am saying that being ignorant of context and circumstance just to whine on a forum or on Twitter is exactly why these places are treated with contempt.

Oh and the 'its not just man city and Liverpool' comment is entirely ignorant of the talent these teams have and their ability to structure their play to force the issue. The end result of a ball played through, around or over us is not going to happen with such regularity when the opposition is not elite to the extent they can just smother us.

Itll happen a lot though.

Its the Premier League.

I understand that we all got used to winning again and now this is a culture shock but give this team some time.

47 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

Id say losing at home 7-1 to the mighty Colchester was a pretty bad start to the season too

Quite. It depends where you start/stop - many of these ‘run’ stats are quite ridiculous.

Brentford haven’t lost a top flight game for c60 years. Astonishing. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

22 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

I think that regardless of who the opposition have been, anyone can plainly see for themselves that we have not addressed those weaknesses and that we still can’t defend corners properly and will make errors at the back. The “lesser” prem clubs may not punish us to the extent Man City did but they will all be capable of exploiting it as indeed did Newcastle in the friendly. 

12 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

Oh and the 'its not just man city and Liverpool' comment is entirely ignorant of the talent these teams have and their ability to structure their play to force the issue. The end result of a ball played through, around or over us is not going to happen with such regularity when the opposition is not elite to the extent they can just smother us.

Itll happen a lot though.

Its the Premier League.

I understand that we all got used to winning again and now this is a culture shock but give this team some time.

Apologies FatCanary, the happy clapping/pant wetting wasn’t directed at you, more a general observation of the bi polar nature of this board.

I get that the defensive workout has been higher in these two games than typical so would agree that more time and games needed to form a considered view but every team we face will have players able to produce a decent ball across, through or over and so far there is nothing to suggest we will reduce the frequency or handle the danger any better than last time. I was expecting 0 points but seeing a new way of playing, solid, organised with quick counter attacking after all we just spent £20m on speedy wingers but maybe that’s credit to the opposition, we will see

Edited by Son Ova Gunn

54 minutes ago, king canary said:

Glad it's only taken two games before the old 'pant wetters' take is getting an outing.

To be fair hardly surprising when reading some of the posts on here.

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I think that regardless of who the opposition have been, anyone can plainly see for themselves that we have not addressed those weaknesses and that we still can’t defend corners properly and will make errors at the back. The “lesser” prem clubs may not punish us to the extent Man City did but they will all be capable of exploiting it as indeed did Newcastle in the friendly. 

Yes, the Newcastle game for which we couldn’t even muster a squad due to covid.  That’s fair….

12 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

So are you saying we are relegated already Jimbo?