Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

So if we lose to both Leicester and Watford

Well if you want my opinion we won’t see any points on the board till 16th October, as I can’t see this defence keeping any clean sheets, we have Leicester H,  Arsenal A, Watford H, Everton A, Burnley A & Brighton home on the 16th, can anyone really see us getting much from that run of games? Watford are a team who as above have beaten us so can’t say I’m very positive about that game as the pressure will be on by then!

We really needed to strengthen that core of the team yet we see ourselves weaker than last time, relying on an inexperienced young loanee, a French player and two CB who really haven’t shown they are a good pairing!

16 minutes ago, Indy said:

Well if you want my opinion we won’t see any points on the board till 16th October, as I can’t see this defence keeping any clean sheets, we have Leicester H,  Arsenal A, Watford H, Everton A, Burnley A & Brighton home on the 16th, can anyone really see us getting much from that run of games? Watford are a team who as above have beaten us so can’t say I’m very positive about that game as the pressure will be on by then!

We really needed to strengthen that core of the team yet we see ourselves weaker than last time, relying on an inexperienced young loanee, a French player and two CB who really haven’t shown they are a good pairing!

Well dont sign a decent holding midfielder you might aswell except relegation now, you can have whoever you like in defence if they've got no protection they will concede by the bucket load. 

I know we keep talking about it but we all knew months ago that Skipp would have to be replaced, should have been no1 priority. 

My concern is the games like Burnley, Palace, Brighton, Watford etc those teams who will be around us and who we have a terrible record against in the prem.

I should imagine most teams love playing against us, soft touch Norwich.

Just now, Move Klose said:

Well dont sign a decent holding midfielder you might aswell except relegation now, you can have whoever you like in defence if they've got no protection they will concede by the bucket load. 

I know we keep talking about it but we all knew months ago that Skipp would have to be replaced, should have been no1 priority. 

My concern is the games like Burnley, Palace, Brighton, Watford etc those teams who will be around us and who we have a terrible record against in the prem.

I should imagine most teams love playing against us, soft touch Norwich.

Teams like Burnley, Palace, Watford and Brentford will bully us out of the game.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Teams like Burnley, Palace, Watford and Brentford will bully us out of the game.

Like they always do, thought we were meant to be focusing on some physicality this summer. We havent done that. We are so easy to bully.

14 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Like they always do, thought we were meant to be focusing on some physicality this summer. We havent done that. We are so easy to bully.

Yes I recall Webber saying we needed a strengthened defence and more physicality. Then we signed a new crop of youthful kids with pace but who will be easily knocked off the ball. We are Eden trying to play a kid in the cdm role and, strangely enough, he is struggling without the protection despite being very skilful 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Watford are an interesting little team aren't they.

Two very different performances from them so far.

Would hope to beat them but they usually have our number don't they.

The mood on this forum will be pretty dark if we lose to them and Leicester (which I think is very possible!).

Watford were good against Villa, but equally Villa were poor.

Yesterday, Watford were completely undone by Brighton's formation and didn't get into the game until they changed their formation-which wasn't until the 65th minute.

Xisco is a very inexperienced manager at this level which may be to our benefit-although obviously Gino Pozzo will ditch him at the first sign that he isn't going to cut it.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Losing to Liverpool and Man City was expected and not a disaster. The performance last week was ok. Yesterday it was appalling. The concern is the same weaknesses that cost us last time do not appear to have been addressed on the evidence of those two games.

A lot of our fans seem convinced we will suddenly be transformed and beat the likes of Leicester, Watford and Brighton. Time will tell but we won’t beat any of them playing like yesterday 

100% agree. It was the rancid manner of the performance that really annoyed fans yesterday. This new and ridiculous policy of Gibson and Hanley lining up behind Krul to start 'playing out from the back' needs to be ditched straight away. The overall philosophy is fine but should be flexible enough to 'go long' when being pressed hard and then pushing the midfield up to really try and win the 'second ball'.   

15 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

100% agree. It was the rancid manner of the performance that really annoyed fans yesterday. This new and ridiculous policy of Gibson and Hanley lining up behind Krul to start 'playing out from the back' needs to be ditched straight away. The overall philosophy is fine but should be flexible enough to 'go long' when being pressed hard and then pushing the midfield up to really try and win the 'second ball'.   

Yes felt we just invited them to press us back doing that in the first five minutes yesterday. We did it 2 or 3 times and never really got out again. They just knew we’d present the ball back to them in the final third 

Leicester are a top 6 side and Watford beat us last season. Not quite sure what people are expecting especially as we have lost our outstanding player from last year 

I feel no result against any of these two would mean curtains. I know there is so many games still to be played, but playing catchup is lethal for a newly promoted side most of the time! Only one good result would change that imho... lose both and I think , my opinion, we won't recover...

Leicester aren't much of a weak side anymore. Now they're usually involved in a battle for Europe towards the end of the season

Give the new signings some time to settle in and wait until we've played a few games against teams you would never expect to finish any higher than mid table (Watford, Brighton, Burnley, Palace etc) before panicking about how we will do this season

Yesterday I wanted but did not expect a win, especialy after Citeeeh lost to Spurs. 
But that performance was woeful and spineless. Our tough 1st 2 games are gone. No points as expected and as many other teams will also be against Liverpool and Citeeh this season so not a big shock but 
If we dont get some bite and determination from somewhere I see no points until October. 

9 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Will that be the time for panic? We do seem to be rather split between 'well we never expected anything from Liverpool and Man City anyway the season starts next week' and 'we are playing even worse than last tme in the Prem' so how are we thinking the camps going to be in this hypothetical?

Did you forget we are playing Arsenal as well? 

9 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Will that be the time for panic? We do seem to be rather split between 'well we never expected anything from Liverpool and Man City anyway the season starts next week' and 'we are playing even worse than last tme in the Prem' so how are we thinking the camps going to be in this hypothetical?

We did expect something from the Liverpool and Man City games which was to show progress, that we have strengthened not in quantity but quality and that we can defend and make life difficult. Instead we got d1cked good and proper. I think someone else said on here already we are a player development and feeder club 

7 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Leicester are a top 6 side and Watford beat us last season. Not quite sure what people are expecting especially as we have lost our outstanding player from last year 

No fan is expecting (or feeling entitled) victories but we are expecting (and should demand) whole hearted and committed performances with players 'getting stuck in' and doing everything possible to have attempts at the other teams goal. We were light years away from that yesterday. That is what has annoyed people. Two years ago Farke had two 'get out of jail cards' handed to him. The first was Webbers admission that.............' it was all my fault as the recruitment was poor' and the second was that the appalling results and performance in Project Restart was played behind closed doors! Those factors will not happen this season and fans will (very quickly and starting v Leicester) demand improvement otherwise this season could turn ugly (and soon).    

• Like 1

As evidenced yesterday we have the mental strength of a chocolate tea pot it’s going to be a simple task to get 3 points off us this season

Edited by Uncle Fred

7 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Assuming we lose to Leicester and Arsenal, Watford becomes a game we really want to win, a draw would not be a total disaster. But if we’re writing off a game at home against our promotion rival from last year then god knows how the **** we’ll stay up! I think it’s perfectly reasonable to expect a result in that game. 

Yes we’ve lost our best player, and IMO our second best player in Skipp, but we made the conscious decision to allow Buendia to leave for a modest price. Surely the reason we gave him his wish was because we thought we could build to be better with the proceeds?

10 hours ago, Indy said:

If we’re not getting points before Brighton come to town then God help us.Watford and Burnley have to be earmarked matches to get the points tally moving. 

Ultimately, I'm of the mindset that we should never ever be losing any game 5-0. So my back is up a little bit right now. Losing to both Leicester and Watford won't really define our season, but it will create some tension in the fanbase i'm sure.

We had an awful preseason & are trying to bed in several new players who have never played in our system & with players whose game they do not know. For a team that relies on almost telepathic communication to function properly that's pretty disastrous.

I'm not expecting us to be properly at it until about the end of September.

11 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

As evidenced yesterday and many times in the past, I have the mental strength of a chocolate tea pot it’s going to be a simple task to ridicule me   this season..... again.

😇😉👍 You set em up Freddo, I'll knock em outa da Park!!

I feel we're developing  a symbiotic  relationship. 

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2021 at 11:10, Jim Smith said:

Losing to Liverpool and Man City was expected and not a disaster. The performance last week was ok. Yesterday it was appalling. The concern is the same weaknesses that cost us last time do not appear to have been addressed on the evidence of those two games.

A lot of our fans seem convinced we will suddenly be transformed and beat the likes of Leicester, Watford and Brighton. Time will tell but we won’t beat any of them playing like yesterday 

Pretty much my thoughts.

It was the manner of Saturdays result that ticked me off a bit .

That said, we are told not to judge until the last day of transfers and you could argue they are looking to upgrade the position that allowed 4 of their goals .

Add a defensive midfielder and whilst it wouldn't have made us win it would / will make us look a lot better.

Whilst it might not be ok come the end of the season i'm 100% convinced we will make a bloody good go of it.