Blessed with the beauty of hindsight, but I think Onel would have been quite handy today - strong, fast, and direct, all things that would have helped improve us this afternoon I feel. Sure his end product may not always be perfect, but he certainly does give the opposition something to think about as he proved during his spell of games at the end of the last PL campaign, and can at least get us into the right areas of the pitch with his raw pace and strength. Hope he’s free to come off the bench at least next Saturday, just hoping we’re not planning on loaning or selling him, as he’s an asset.

• Like 5

I don’t think Onel is the answer, but it’ll be interesting to see Tzolis sooner rather than later.  It’s odd we pushed his transfer through to have him available v Liverpool but he’s not yet made it onto the pitch.  

I would like to see Tzolis on the pitch before we see Hernandez.

But to give Onel credit he always gives his best and may have pushed them back a bit today.

3 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Is this another;

The subs are always the saviour theory.

Ala Grealish, Sancho for England?

Not at all, Chris - I’ve clearly given my reasons why in the opening post.

Agree with all re Tzolis, am very much looking forward to seeing him in action - the highlights of him suggest he’s quite a physical player, a start against Bournemouth and putting their poison dwarf Pearson out for the season wouldn’t go amiss ha ha

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Not at all, Chris - I’ve clearly given my reasons why in the opening post.

Agree with all re Tzolis, am very much looking forward to seeing him in action - the highlights of him suggest he’s quite a physical player, a start against Bournemouth and putting their poison dwarf Pearson out for the season wouldn’t go amiss ha ha

Now that would cheer me up!

Think he's gone by the end of the window. He's not likely to get game time ahead of Cantwell, Rashica, Sargent, Tzolis and Doweel, hence him not even making the bench.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Think he's gone by the end of the window. He's not likely to get game time ahead of Cantwell, Rashica, Sargent, Tzolis and Doweel, hence him not even making the bench.

He would have to be dragged out of this club kicking and screaming

• Like 2

Big fan of onel, doesn't fit our current system, but works for another one of our systems and i say he's worth his place in the squad.

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

you're going to be 5th choice winger behind Placheta.

Okay, I'll pack my bags.

35 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He won't have a choice though if some one offers to buy him he'll be sold. Otherwise he'll end up on the naughty pile with Trybull and Klose et al.

The first XI were no where near good enough today, the second XI would have been even worse

5 hours ago, AJ said:

The first XI were no where near good enough today, the second XI would have been even worse

My only ray of hope was that what we saw yesterday were not our best XI. 😰