Sign in to follow this  
ca

Delia - Will you let him ruin our Club?

I''m ashamed to admit that I cried after the game today, not because we lost to Ipswich, although that hurt, but because this club that we love so much has sunk to new depths in my opinion.

Today we played a team who played with passion who actually wanted to win,who have a Manager who has had no money to spend but has created a wonderful team spirit with what hes got. Their team was made up of youngsters who are learning and gaining experience ready for next years assault on the Championship.

Our team was made up of experienced, highly paid footballers who lack motivation, team spirit and who seem to have lost heart.

So whilst you were sitting in Pizza Express with your friends after the game Delia, having a laugh and a good time, I was moping up the tears.

I lost faith in Nigel a while ago and now I''m beginning to lose faith in you too.

I''m over it to be honest, city angel. My opinion on Worthless hasn''t changed one jot, I hasten to add. Until we remove the clueless buffoon and his equally useless cohorts, the club is in trouble.

Your feelings are shared amongst thousands of fans. As you say it was HOW they playeed v HOW we played that was the striking thing. After only 9 minutes I said to my mate......''even now Worthy must be a very worried man'' - the writing was on the wall that early.

We won''t go down although the freefall may continue for a while yet. City are always unpredictable and I think a finish of something like 10th - 15th is most likely. 

I have never been a Delia Smith fan. Yes I  know that she has invested a lot in the club but does that mean that she should be aloof from criticism as many fans think? No, of course not. Only a few months ago any adverse comment about her merited a spell in Norwich castle dungeons, now the ''anti Delia'' mood is widespread in view of her intransigence. I wonder if she realises this? She probably does''nt as she is surrounded by ''Yes'' men and club stooges.

I agree with the posters who want to organise protests. Message boards are not visited by the likes of our directors. Banners covering the Lower Barclay as in the Chase era and large scale protests outside cannot be ignored (especially with the media coverage).  

No City Angel, I doubt if anyone on this board, indeed many city fans feel any better today....

I didn''t cry yesterday, because anger has now taken over.  I think though I have cried after most games this season but am now past that.  I have accepted that it is a crap season and we can''t go back and repair it, the important thing now is to think about the future and make sure we don''t have to fall this low again.

Yes I expect to see my team lose every now and then, but this season is hitting new lows.  Despite Worthington''s fighting talk he just sounds hollow to me, and of course he wants to stay, who wouldn''t in the safest job in the country?  I just would love to know what the topic of conversations in Pizza Express were (and yes, I too heard they were in there). 

It''s now time to show Delia how upset we, the fans are.  We aren''t able to walk away as Worthington could.  We are commited to this club for life, Worthington, Livermore and Foley are just here for a short time to manage the team.  They will, one day, move on, but we will still be here.

Do I hope it''s soon, you bet.  What can I say to make you feel better?  Not much I guess, except come and join us in protest.  It now, sadly seems the only way that the board will be convinced that the supporters have had enough of hoofball, players who can''t give their all.  Sometimes we have to do things we don''t want in order to achieve an end result - it may take time, but they have to listen eventually. 

city angel, i had a pizza yesterday too, but i didn''t shed any tears - just suffered heartburn at 4am.  the city performance yesterday was the opposite of everything it should have been, and if the players were dishonest as worthy said they were at wolves, they didn''t look much better yesterday.  of course, we all know the players and a team needs time to gel and play as one, and its nothing personal, but i doubt if worthy is the man to take us forward and acheive this.  we''ve reached a low point, and imo a fresh man is sorely needed at the helm. as she mowed down her 4 seasons yesterday and  sunk the odd glass or 2,  i can''t believe delia could have been a happy bunny.  she could only have been hurt by the display of the team, as we all were, because plainly it was a second best  - again.  However, she appears to be a person driven by her convictions and to this end she is prepared to suffer short term pain to gain a long term reward in her view because she believes worthy is the right man for the job.  however, she''s no fool, and 2 or 3  more dishevelled performances that seriously further damages the players morale and causes greater fan protest will surely cause her to act, because else she runs the risk of damaging the spirit of the club.  a spirit that''s seen city get to the play off final, promoted to the prem and retain a decent squad despite relegation, a great looking jarrold stand, and 25,000 bums to fill the seats each match.  disunity at carra rd serves no-one.These are great positive achievements and a true testament of delia''s and worthy''s influence at the club, but no one is more important than the club itself, and if it''s time to go, its time to go - no matter who they are.

Gazza, I will be there for the next protest and I hope that many others will be there too, because as you say, if we do nothing, nothing will change!

Could you confirm that it will be after the Brighton game at the main entrance and also do you know where I can get hold of some ''Worthy Out'' stickers please?

Thanks

You know, it''s strange but I once thought I saw Delia scratch her Sandra Bullocks in the middle of an egg whisking session whilst presenting the ''Summer Collection.''

Some posters really do have inside information.