Sign in to follow this  
WSM

Keyboard Warriors

What a load of tosh I am reading on here this evening

Farke out? Farke not a good enough manager? Do you honestly think that because our squad can't beat a team that has had 1.3 billion pounds of investment since 2008?

My god, some of you need some perspective - no considered takes - just anonymous profiles spewing hate, division 

I get being disappointed - never nice to lose 5-0. But if the previous two games had happened at various points throughout the season would we really bat an eyelid? We were never going to get anything today - arguably Man City away is the toughest game you have all season. Only 6 teams last season took points at the Ethiad, most of them the top 4 teams in the league.

Please have some perspective - we are not going to win every game; hell we aren't going to win every game against the bottom 8 teams - we will lose some as well - and we may go down or we may not. But please don't judge us after the most difficult game of the season

OTBC

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Think you’re missing the point somewhat. I doubt anybody expected anything from today’s match but there is a way to lose, and that is with some fight. We barely laid a glove on them all match. Not a single decent challenge or cynical foul. Not even a booking for our thrashing. We may as well handed out drinks and canapés to them after every goal

Edited by Virtual reality
  • Like 3

It was being out-worked that got me down.  In the liverpool match there was a lot of good signs, and we didn't develop any of that.  Showed none of the intricate play, showed no outlets when under pressure.

If teams press with that energy we're going to need to learn to deal with it, because in the Championship we struggled with teams that pressed hard - but generally had the energy levels to nick games at the end - Different league this, teams won't tire.

Agree with the Farke out statements, that's really stupid for me too.  But the lack of fight, i can see why people are angry right now.. Sleep will do wonders! 🙂

If you think this is the most the difficult game this season you are sadly mistaken. Games where there is greater exoectation and pressure to win will be far more difficult. Today was a nil pointer all day long and will be for most teams. At no stage were we competitive to make it a difficult game. You wait til the 6 pointers come along in the not too distant future.

Plenty of proper battles to be had yet.

27 minutes ago, WSM said:

Farke out? Farke not a good enough manager? Do you honestly think that because our squad can't beat a team that has had 1.3 billion pounds of investment since 2008

It's laughable isn't it. Not long ago many fans saying Farke is the best we've had for so many years, give him a new conract, now they're calling for his head or questioning him...

32 minutes ago, WSM said:

Farke out? Farke not a good enough manager? Do you honestly think that because our squad can't beat a team that has had 1.3 billion pounds of investment since 2008?

My god, some of you need some perspective - no considered takes - just anonymous profiles spewing hate, division 

I get being disappointed - never nice to lose 5-0. But if the previous two games had happened at various points throughout the season would we really bat an eyelid? We were never going to get anything today - arguably Man City away is the toughest game you have all season. Only 6 teams last season took points at the Ethiad, most of them the top 4 teams in the league.

Please have some perspective - we are not going to win every game; hell we aren't going to win every game against the bottom 8 teams - we will lose some as well - and we may go down or we may not. But please don't judge us after the most difficult game of the season

OTBC

Why not take one game at a time? No ifs or buts or how much the opposition has spent. Just judge todays game that had three points on it.

We weren't close. And its worrying.

42 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You messing with me and my army?

1*ILvFpmkEJ2nzOEIxhwgBqA.jpeg

Ahhhh thats how you start so many threads - there are many  of you! 

And i was thinking of starting a chant "There's only one Cambridgeshire Canary!" 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

It's laughable isn't it. Not long ago many fans saying Farke is the best we've had for so many years, give him a new conract, now they're calling for his head or questioning him...

He deserves far more loyalty than that, agreed Ward 3 👍

15 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Why not take one game at a time? No ifs or buts or how much the opposition has spent. Just judge todays game that had three points on it.

We weren't close. And its worrying.

Well we can't really sack Farke this week and give him a new contract if we get a result next week. Can we?

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

He deserves far more loyalty than that, agreed Ward 3 👍

This!  /|\ 

And this \|/ 

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Edited by Greavsy

Just now, Greavsy said:

This!  /|\ 

And this \/ 

Think you’ve quoted Ward 3’s quote there, Greavsy - but I’m in full agreement with him so it’s cool! 

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Think you’ve quoted Ward 3’s quote there, Greavsy - but I’m in full agreement with him so it’s cool! 

I mearly clicked the quote button, but yes was Ward 3's quote (and yours) I was agreeing with. I blame the IT! 

9 minutes ago, Mellow Yellow said:

Were you there?? If you were i find your post incredulous. That was proper ****e!

It was ****e, but teams have ****e games. If that happens against Man City it's embarrassing because they make you look even worse than you would look against anyone else.

There are problems, especially in midfield, but I will wait for the end of the transfer window and until we play some sides we can reasonably expect to beat before I'm going to get overly concerned.

The result today was pretty irrelevant because we were almost certain to lose.

The worry is the lack of physicality which is what did for us two years ago. We aren't hard to play against, we don't disrupt the opposition enough. Todd, Rashica, PLM, Gilmour - how many of them are going to put in a tough tackle and contribute in a really meaningful way defensively? The real worry is in a few weeks time when we go to Turf Moor because that's the sort of game where we do need to be competitive and the side that played today would just get bullied by Burnley.

The positive is that we still have time to sign a CDM and that Sargent looks like a starter who will add some physicality. We need that badly.

I'm a bit disappointed that we jettisoned Trybull and Leitner for not being athletic enough but, for me, I'm not sure Gilmour or PLM look any stronger. PLM is a tall lad but I haven't seen him put in too many tackles so far.

There's still loads of time to get things right but just a few worrying signs for me so far. 

2 hours ago, Virtual reality said:

Think you’re missing the point somewhat. I doubt anybody expected anything from today’s match but there is a way to lose, and that is with some fight. We barely laid a glove on them all match. Not a single decent challenge or cynical foul. Not even a booking for our thrashing. We may as well handed out drinks and canapés to them after every goal

So a red card and maybe an injury or two from over exertion would have made you happier with defeat?..........weird..........

36 minutes ago, Mellow Yellow said:

Were you there?? If you were i find your post incredulous. That was proper ****e!

What was the feeling amongst our fans at the game?

10 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

So a red card and maybe an injury or two from over exertion would have made you happier with defeat?..........weird..........

Well done for completely missing the point 👍

Farke’s job is 100% safe as far as I’m concerned, and I’d be happy with him steering us around again in the champs next season if it comes to that - provided we do manage to put up a fight this season and stay vaguely competitive until the end.

I’m also expecting us to struggle to start with, we’ve lost Buendia and Skipp who were absolutely outstanding last year. I would wager last year’s side would’ve made a much better fist at these first two games, but we’ve clearly got to let the new guys bed in. We’ve brought in mostly young overseas players who have never played in the PL and never lived in the UK before (probably). It’s clearly going to take time, particularly as we are still missing a key signing or two.

If we are still within up to say 4-6 points of safety come December then I could see us overcoming that deficit in the second half of the season, once these players are settled.

However despite all of the above, yesterday was abnormally and inexcusably ****e. No point pretending otherwise. Lots of moments of promise against Liverpool to note, absolutely none from yesterday. It’s disappointing. We didn’t look up for it which is really worrying.

Hopefully we can get back to seeing some reasons for optimism next week. Any kind of a result and yesterday will be totally forgotten, but I won’t be holding my breath just yet as we simply need some time!

13 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Why not take one game at a time? .

I’m a bit fed up with the one game at a time approach. That’s our twelfth consecutive defeat in the Prem . 
(Wonder if that’s a record for one manager to lose 12 ? )

12 hours ago, 1902 said:

It was ****e, but teams have ****e games. If that happens against Man City it's embarrassing because they make you look even worse than you would look against anyone else.

There are problems, especially in midfield, but I will wait for the end of the transfer window and until we play some sides we can reasonably expect to beat before I'm going to get overly concerned.

The writing's on the wall...imho Doesn't matter who you've just played. It was painful to watch and the confidence of the team will be very low... In this league there are no easy games and you need a good start to stay up as a promoted team imo.

Even with another signing , I'm afraid we're playing catchup already...which is very, very disappointing. 

We are not competitive in this league at the moment, DF has an enormously difficult job to do...

The excuse of it being Liverpool and Man City...is just that: an excuse , we wouldn't have beaten Watford, Crystal Palace or Brentford...either, with that kind of performance 

2 hours ago, Virtual reality said:

This has just been posted on another thread but it’s exactly the point that you have missed 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49371002

I would suggest that a club like Man City whose subs bench yesterday was worth £150M+ and another two not even on the bench and worth £160M+ have a bit more strength in depth than Norwich City and therefore are better placed to risk the odd suspension here and there. Losing a key player for a future winnable game in a "free hit" game so that we look as if we are going down fighting makes no sense to me, we are swimming in totally different waters to Manchester City.............

2 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I would suggest that a club like Man City whose subs bench yesterday was worth £150M+ and another two not even on the bench and worth £160M+ have a bit more strength in depth than Norwich City and therefore are better placed to risk the odd suspension here and there. Losing a key player for a future winnable game in a "free hit" game so that we look as if we are going down fighting makes no sense to me, we are swimming in totally different waters to Manchester City.............

You don’t get sent off for tactical fouls. Both Liverpool and Man City did it against us and both picked up yellow cards. It’s part of the game at this level, we’re just too naive to realise it 

In general I have no problem with us losing to both Liverpool and Man City it was always going to happen in all honesty.

What I have not liked about the Man City game was how quickly and easily we wilted. You can argue all you like about how much their squad cost more than ours but transfer fees are not an excuse for effort, tactics and match awareness.

Firstly we might not be able to win but we sure can out work them to at least make it competitive, tactically I think in both games Farke has not got it right with our flanks too easily exposed. finally, when it comes to match awareness if you know the game is gone shut up shop and make sure it stays at 3 and not 5 as like it or not goal difference could make or break later on in the season. 

1 hour ago, Virtual reality said:

You don’t get sent off for tactical fouls. Both Liverpool and Man City did it against us and both picked up yellow cards. It’s part of the game at this level, we’re just too naive to realise it 

I did not say you get sent off for tactical fouls, I said what happens if the tackle is say mistimed or over zealous and ends up being judged worthy of a red card. We would also need to ensure that the tactical fouls are spread evenly around the team as we cannot afford  a suspension to a key player under the "totting up" system. less of a problem for the likes of Man City with a deeper, more expensively assembled squad.............

I think Farke signing 4 more years was the best bit of business all summer... We need to back him between now and the end of the transfer window.