Sign in to follow this  
Jsim1986

Farke and Discussing learning

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2021/august/daniel-farke-the-players-will-learn-from-this/

This is all very well Daniel but when are you going to learn from your mistakes? If you go through my posts you will see I just speak my opinion of the truth, so I haven't just come out of the woodwork on a bad loss. However today was very disappointing because we have not learnt from the mistakes of two years ago. I know all teams want to play from the back but sometimes you do need to adjust your game plans and tactics to what's in front of you, and once again he just hasn't done that. I don't want him gone or anything like that but he does need to address his own faults, instead of always saying we won't change or we will play our own game, this is just a kop out. He had an excuse last time as he was not backed, this time there will be zero excuses if we have the same failings.

I have to say that whilst conceding an early goal clearly rocked us today, we had already invited them onto us by taking short goal kicks snd trying to play out in the first couple of minutes. We just have to wise up and play for territory at times. They just pressed us from the goal kicks knowing we’d sooner or later play a suicidal pass or at worst give them a throw in midway in our half. We have to stop doing this because all teams will press us in the same way. 

Sky Sports have already put the goals up

All the goals are near identical so doesn't look like the players are "learning" from their mistakes. 

It's so depressing....I can take how hard the games were dealt, but if we had made the games closer then you could take some sort of positives from them.

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I have to say that whilst conceding an early goal clearly rocked us today, we had already invited them onto us by taking short goal kicks snd trying to play out in the first couple of minutes. We just have to wise up and play for territory at times. They just pressed us from the goal kicks knowing we’d sooner or later play a suicidal pass or at worst give them a throw in midway in our half. We have to stop doing this because all teams will press us in the same way. 

We would need to buy a Hugill type upgrade if we wanted to play for territory. Watching the early game Burnley had his option with Chris Wood.

It's fair what Farke said and, as a team, we can learn from it. 

We, Farke especially, seem to judge full backs on their attacking capabilities. Man City must have targeted Dimi having seen his defensive mistakes last week. Our best performances last time was when Byram was playing. This must be what we learn, we need more defensive players in the starting X1. 

Omobamidele would have been a good cover for the left back. Three centre backs is going to  improve our chances with so many deflections going to the wrong player. Farke must show confidence in Sorensen over an unfit McLean. 

OK we're having a bumpy start but the worry is what it's going to do to the confidence of the players. 

Hopefully it hasn’t put Brandon Williams off joining on loan and based on Dimitris performance today and being left on till half time to not embarrass him too much (as per farke post March interview ), you can now see that Williams will quickly be getting himself into starting left back position 

Farke has shown class throughout his time with us.  He doesn’t blame individuals (although he does move them on), he knows we win or lose as a team, he has faith and supports his players when up against it. He doesn’t make knee jerk reactions and is realistic.

He wouldn’t fit in on this message board.  Two Championships, but he doesn’t know what he is doing.  Kenny, Zimbo, and Pukki have all become not good enough for no reason.  What short memories we have.

I can’t think of a better person to be at the helm during another difficult season.  Please get behind the team, they need us.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FCC said:

Farke has shown class throughout his time with us.  He doesn’t blame individuals (although he does move them on), he knows we win or lose as a team, he has faith and supports his players when up against it. He doesn’t make knee jerk reactions and is realistic.

He wouldn’t fit in on this message board.  Two Championships, but he doesn’t know what he is doing.  Kenny, Zimbo, and Pukki have all become not good enough for no reason.  What short memories we have.

I can’t think of a better person to be at the helm during another difficult season.  Please get behind the team, they need us.

He blamed individuals yesterday and whilst I agree he has generally shown class he now needs the show he’s learnt and can adapt when needed.