This most definitely isn't a 'Farke out' thread but at what point do we consider making a change of manager? 

My personal view is that we should stick with him for the foreseeable but at some point we may have to accept that, at this level, he's just not good enough. 

Today was an absolute shambles and I can't recall a game when we have been so outplayed. Yes I know it's Man City but I reckon if Kings Lynn had faced them today the result wouldn't have been too dissimilar 

The question is, how many consecutive defeats at PL level can Farke have before questions start being asked? 

Farke is doing the best he can with what is available and we will get better as the season progresses. Four seasons under Farke have shown that and even the last PL season before the lockdown, we were showing signs of improvement having beaten Leicester. Got to keep our nerve and see how things develop. Long way to go yet.

Far too early for this sort of post....... However I would suggest both the club and Farke himself may see it as the end of the project if we went down with a whimper again. 

• Like 2

As long as we make a fight of it and still within a shot of safety with 2-3 games to go then I'd still keep him, if he wants to stay. Another season like two years ago and you'd have to say maybe he's not the man to eventually get us established as a PL side.

Just now, holt, who goes there? said:

That is 8 more games than Sunderlands record of 20 straight defeats. I honestly don't think it's up for discussion at the moment but 30 straight defeats seems ridiculous to me.

If I've read this correctly you've just said 8+20=30???? 

• Haha 1

We’ve just lost to Man City and Liverpool. No surprise there. Granted the manner of today’s defeat wasn’t good, but plenty of teams will suffer this fate this season against various opponents.

One week ago exactly, Farke was the best thing since sliced bread, now there are a number of posters that have flipped their opinion based on losing to two of the best teams in the world.

Today we faced a team that will most likely win the league, a team that played their first game in front of home fans for a long time, a team that had lost 3 in a row previously without scoring. Today’s result should come as no surprise to anybody.

Put it this way, I’d be feeling far worse if we’d just lost 2-0 away at Burnley or something. We just need to draw a line under these two, roll our sleeves up and get stuck into the rest of the league.

Farke will keep us up. 

• Like 1

I agree with you Holty, he's not good enough at this level. Tactically especially. 

We've made the same mistake as last time, no dominating, ball playing centre half. Hanley l can live with but Gibson  a big panic buy, no where near good enough. If we don't get a centre half and defensive midfield player by next week l fear for us big-time! Think l would try that Williams,if he comes holding, tough and decent on the ball. Unfortunately  the end for Pukki also, looks a shadow of player he was.

Way too soon to talk in those terms but last time we were up I thought he was disappointing and today he had a shocker. I hope he holds his hands up because he got it wrong.

He also has to take responsibility for the fact we still can’t defend set pieces properly. That is something that should be a given for a team like us in the premier league. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, holt, who goes there? said:

This most definitely isn't a 'Farke out' thread but at what point do we consider making a change of manager? 

My personal view is that we should stick with him for the foreseeable but at some point we may have to accept that, at this level, he's just not good enough. 

Today was an absolute shambles and I can't recall a game when we have been so outplayed. Yes I know it's Man City but I reckon if Kings Lynn had faced them today the result wouldn't have been too dissimilar 

The question is, how many consecutive defeats at PL level can Farke have before questions start being asked? 

The manager we just gave a long term contract too? I’m guessing he’s good for at least this season and half of next.

Of course he’s not good enough yet at this level, he’s only had 1 season in the top flight where by our own Sporting Directors admission we asked him to do an impossible job.

He’s learning at this level as much as the players are, will take time.

Edited by Monty13

Newcastle have lost to West Ham and Villa. I know who would rather have lost two games against. Our season proper starts next week. Lose to Leicester and I will be more concerned.WE HAD A CRAP PRE-SEASON!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Newcastle have lost to West Ham and Villa. I know who would rather have lost two games against. Our season proper starts next week. Lose to Leicester and I will be more concerned.WE HAD A CRAP PRE-SEASON!

This this this everybody

• Like 1

I appreciate that we love to play attacking football, but there’s no shame in playing 4-5-1 against the Man City’s and Liverpool’s in this league and just trying to be solid and difficult to break down. We try to retain the attacking formation but it just doesn’t work against teams of that quality, we end up overrun. 

He has a 4 year contract, we couldn't afford to sack him even if we wanted to.

It was always going to be a difficult start trying to bed in new players against the quality of opposition we are facing. It's important we don't lose heart too soon and we can't be blaming Farke at this stage.

Got no doubts on either Farke or Webber, we are what we are and you can only do so much with the money available.

We walked the Championship and we've got a squad of young longterm talent... Farke has proven before what he can do with youngsters, can't write him/them off after playing the 2 previous walkaway winners of the league.

You couldn't find a worst time to play Man City.. At home for first time in front of crowd, Prem trophy parade, Point to prove following loss, 'Must win' game with Chelsea/Liverpool winning, 100m player out to prove his worth.

And there's us, without full pre-season, unfit players, new players, no Emi/Pukki link which we've built past seasons on, plus young players not used to packed out stadiums.

Usually we'd be underestimated and look to take advantage of that - not today, was never going to happen.

Edited by Google Bot

It’s a big sh1t pie at the moment and we all might need a few more mouthfuls. Results should and will (if not before) vastly improve come match 5 onwards. 

I love the football we play but it's the definition of stupidly to keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I'm really excited about this squad and we look so much stronger than 2 years ago but Farke has to now prove his worth. He's been provided with the weapons this time but can he make a tactical assault on the PL??

37 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Leicester are a top team. We need to be looking at the upcoming games against Watford, Burnley and Brighton. We all knew the first few games would be tough, but I do agree that today’s performance was poor.

I don't care if they lost 10 - 0 as long as they are consistent within a match.

If they repeatedly start collapsing under pressure within games they are otherwise competitive in paralleling 19/20, it would speak of more serious issues. Then we can start discussing Farke's future in the club.

I'm wondering what the mood will be if we lose to Leicester and Arsenal (which is most likely) AND then get out muscled by Watford (again!).

The assumed narrative is that Watford will be an easy game ... it REALLY REALLY won't be!

I have grave concerns about us only wanting box to box midfielders (including Normann if he arrives). We can twinkle toes our way past Championship opponents but we'll be bullied by the bottom half Prem sides.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Farke is doing the best he can with what is available and we will get better as the season progresses. Four seasons under Farke have shown that and even the last PL season before the lockdown, we were showing signs of improvement having beaten Leicester. Got to keep our nerve and see how things develop. Long way to go yet.

No he isn't.