Sign in to follow this  
Ulf Ottosson

Hucks - Just another Squad Player..

Sorry but it''s true he needs to re examine his attitude if playing on the left and start tracking back a bit more. He probably wants to play upfront but so do quite a few players

[quote user="Ulf Ottosson"]

Sorry but it''s true he needs to re examine his attitude if playing on the left and start tracking back a bit more. He probably wants to play upfront but so do quite a few players

[/quote]

Tracking back is simply not Huckerby''s game. How much did he do it during the promotion winning season? And, although I feel he should be giving his all for the cause, I can understand at the moment if he has lost interest. I''m beginning to feel that way myself.

You raise a very good point - one I have been making at the matches all season.

Huckerby has always seemed to be an ''impact'' player.Throughout his career , when he joined teams he gave them an extra dimension due to the fact that he had pace to burn.Once the other teams in the division sussed him out and put 2 players on him , his impact minimalised and his managers decided that his impact could be increased by coming off the bench.If you check his career path , he very rarely stays at a club for more than a couple of years - his managers choosing to move him on due to his impact fading.

The problem he has now is that the extra pace he had seems to have gone (due to his age ?) - when did you last see him actually beat his man for pace like he did a couple of seasons ago ? In the face of this he now needs to add a dimension to his game by actually learning how to track back , tackle , challenge for headers etc.I have a feeling that ''you cant teach an old dog new tricks'' and that this wont happen.

He''s hardly being helped by the dross he''s forced to play with in midfield though is he ?

Couldn''t agree more.  Hucks was non existant during the whole of the second half.  Struck me as too obvious a tactic to bring him on at half time also.  He seemed to be just lingering around the half way line constantly.  I don''t really think Ernshaw impressed many fans either.  I wish Nigel would tell the squad that Ashton had gone and the new man was two foot tall so pass the ball on the ground. might get somewhere then?

Hucks, were all behind you, just find your old form again!!!

Personally I don''t think his performances this season have justified a starting place.  If McVeigh had been playing as Hux has you can bet your house he would have been dropped sooner.

All this Hucks bashing annoys me a little bit.

On Saturday Huckerby received the ball no less than seven times during the entire game, and each time was either when he was in his own half with his back-to-goal or a bloody great hoof for him to run on to.

If Hucks is just another squad player then so is Earnshaw and McVeigh who both suffered the same problem - not receiving a single quality ball-to-feet pass from our non-existant midfield