Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The angry moaners thread

So there it is. We lost away from home against the most expensive team in football history who won the divison last year.

AND SO IT SEEMS THAT MANY OF US ARE REALLY REALLY REALLY ANGRY RIGHT NOW AS A RESULT 😡😡😡

So come on down to this thread and let it all out. What are you angry about? What upsets you? Let off your stream here.

Sign me up!

e: Let me sum it up too:

It was a lackluster performance for a friendly from Norwich.

It would've been a total waste of time but for two reasons: Bali Mumba is the real deal and Rashica proved that  making questionable decisions and mistakes repeatedly can be in your favor if you do them all over the bloody field. Holy s*** that man was everywhere. Brawling. Like nobody told him he was supposed to jog politely so the opponents can prove a point.

Edited by Upo
  • Haha 1

****, ****,****.🤬

I would have liked us to have given them a bit of a tougher time, that's not too much to ask?!

Bit of fight. All very well losing it happens. Why go away from 4-2-3-1......

Pukki looks way off it.

Rupp, don't know.

Gilmore just getting swallowed up

Farke warned if a bumpy few weeks ahead and in fairness it was always going to be that way. Hardly surprised at the result. If it was Palace who spanked us 5-0 Id be more concerned. 

Im not angry though, very ‘meh’ right now,  and wondering whether Farke used today to try new things knowing we’d get rolled.

I think it’s obvious poor old Gilmour just isn’t working out in that 3. It’s a good plan but only when you flank him with belters as well. We don’t have belters. 

Just now, Herman said:

****, ****,****.🤬

I would have liked us to have given them a bit of a tougher time, that's not too much to ask?!

Yes Herman that is too much, what we have seen this afternoon is a Norwich City side playing at its absolute best, peak Farkeball from the very first whistle to the last! 

I know there are lots of mitigating circumstances, i.e. poor pre season / COVID / injured players coming back etc, but even just comparing against last week we played a hell of a lot better then, so??

@cambridgeshire canary, as you clearly feel that there should be no complaints, please just reel off all of the positives about that performance. 

As an example, last week against Liverpool we had stand out individual performances; Giannoulis in particular was immense, Hanley also played very well I thought considering he was only just back from a long spell out, all of the new signings also showed plenty of promise and even Sargent and Idah came on and looked sharp. As a team we also had really good spells of possession and managed to put pressure on Liverpool for spells in the game - even carving out quite a few shooting opportunities.

Can you provide a similar passage of the positives for this afternoon? 

5 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

The only positive I can think of from today is 'at least we don't have to play Man City away again'. Are there any others?

Bali Mumba played well

• Like 1

What a pathetic thread to start. 

The implication being there should be no concern yet. 

If you can't see the concerns then you don't reallt know about football.

There was literally not a single positive to be had from that game. 

After a Liverpool game where positives lasted twenty minutes and then about five when sergeant came on. 

25 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So there it is. We lost away from home against the most expensive team in football history who won the divison last year.

AND SO IT SEEMS THAT MANY OF US ARE REALLY REALLY REALLY ANGRY RIGHT NOW AS A RESULT 😡😡😡

So come on down to this thread and let it all out. What are you angry about? What upsets you? Let off your stream here.

HOW DARE YOU START A THREAD MAKING PEOPLE MORE ANGRY. GRRRRR IM SO ANGRY WE LOST TO THE TOP 2 OF THE LEAGUE. Let me cry into my masturbating sock now. Goodnight 

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Re-reading this OP,  your patronising, holier-than-thou tone is actually straight up insulting.

Come on then clever clogs, please do let us know what we should be feeling after that performance! Was it actually a good performance today after all? I am intrigued to hear what you have to share with your vastly superior football knowledge... 

But no, it was a **** performance, it doesn't matter how good the opposition are, we play like that against any team in this league and we will lose. 

I'm not getting carried away, I'm still optimistic about the season, I'm more than happy to see how the next 8-9 games unfold before starting to read too much into our results, I'm still looking forward to the Leicester game. 

But none of that changes the fact it was a **** performance, with zero positives to take from today (at least from what my clearly inferior mind can conjure up anyway!!!). Plenty of positives from Liverpool, none from today. Is any of that unfair?

Why do our some posters get so upset at posters calling a spade a spade? 

9 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

Reality check needed by all. Bring back siberski, Fotheringham, Hughes, otsembor,  etc........

Reality check... We are in the top flight

8 minutes ago, fredherring said:

What a pathetic thread to start. 

The implication being there should be no concern yet. 

If you can't see the concerns then you don't reallt know about football.

There was literally not a single positive to be had from that game. 

After a Liverpool game where positives lasted twenty minutes and then about five when sergeant came on. 

Yep... The sentiment that conceding 8 scoring zero even against two good sides is not concerning sums up the feeling that some fans are just happy to be here.. "how can we compete...." 

10 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

Reality check needed by all. Bring back siberski, Fotheringham, Hughes, otsembor,  etc........

Is a positive to take from today's game, specifically the 90 minutes of football at Man City, that at least we aren't still fielding players like Otsemobor? I don't think it us unreasonable for us to be able to expect to list at least one or two positives from the actual game, rather than bringing up the Norwich City of 2007 FFS. 

Another positive of today, at least I'm still alive and well!

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Is a positive to take from today's game, specifically the 90 minutes of football at Man City, that at least we aren't still fielding players like Otsemobor? I don't think it us unreasonable for us to be able to expect to list at least one or two positives from the actual game, rather than bringing up the Norwich City of 2007 FFS. 

Another positive of today, at least I'm still alive and well!

It was said very much tongue in cheek 

I was really angry during first half, think it's more out of frustration of the stark contrast in levels (Money etc.).  So many hopefuls made to look like scared lambs really, it's a **** take what money buys you really.

But felt we were out-worked from kick off, we never had any intention of doing anything in this match... But hey, what can you do, crap pre-season, players like Pukki clearly not fit, too many new hopefuls that we've got to watch develop.... It's just going to take a bit of time.

We were quite slow last season though, and look how we blossomed once the squad gelled and worked as a unit, The way we play, the communication and link up play has to be given time to develop.  Just feel that we need a bit of sunlight to shine on us, tough start.

My main concern is how Farke wasn't prepared to start Sargent who would've worked and pressed harder, and instead played an unfit Pukki - it seemed un-necessary to me, as there was no real plan that required Pukki to be on the field.

My other concern is that we never should've signed Gibson IMO and said so in Championship, that 8m would've been better added to, and put into someone who can keep up with the action and not pull our defensive line out of shape.   He's a great bloke, and excellent on the ball and great distribution.  Just too slow and offers no aerial presence, no wonder that Burnley were quite happy to let him go.   Don't mean to knock him, but he just hasn't the assets despite the desire.

I'm still very hopeful though, but it does feel a coin flip on vast majority of signings coming in.  It's a massive risk for survival, but long-term i can see that we have a very promising squad to develop in the future.  Rashica starting to show what he's got which was very pleasing.  Cantwell one of the few players willing to press, lads got quality and real desire to win.

Edited by Google Bot

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Could be him, don’t make assumptions 🙂

Yeah true. I apologies 🙌

'So come on down to this thread and let it all out. What are you angry about? What upsets you?'

Michael Gove, The Labour Party, Black Lace and Agadoo, David Cameron and Lex Greensill, slum landlords, people who deface Banksy's work, Priti Patel,  I could go on...

Edited by First Wazzock

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You change like the wind. At the start of the match thread you were quite sarcastic toward those who were unhappy. Then as the thread became almost wholly unhappy you then became critical yourself.

Make your mind up. At the moment you have more faces than the Town Hall clock. Stop stirring it.

Edited by keelansgrandad
  • Like 2

I get the frustration about the recruitment not getting a CB or CDM in (bar that they have been excellent), but for Christ sake, Liverpool and mancity, 2 of the top 10 in Europe. 

No one really expected anything, 1 point from 6 would of been wonderful! 

Lighten up people. Kudos DF for farke sticking with how we wants the team to play - we all shot AN when he changed after he got tonked by Newcastle early in season back in 15/16, and we all kind of know DF wouldn't just park the bus.

Give it to Xmas, then we can judge a bit more ...

It was a disappointing performance but is it really a disgrace to lose our opening two games of the season 3-0 and 5-0 to two of the strongest teams in the world, one of them the reigning champions of this league and runners up of the Champions League last season? Like others have said, I was always expecting the results from these fixtures to turn out like this and would be far more concerned if these results were against bottom half teams like Palace or Burnley

We might get something against Leicester or Arsenal but let’s wait for some of the fixtures against weaker teams to come before we start expecting points