The Bristol Nest

Manchester City Match Thread

I think that summed us up. Good move, Todd clear and swallowed up by players still playing hard when 5-0 up in the last minute of stoppage time.

• Like 1

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

I think he's stalking you Ricardo.

Truth can be painful.

We won't stay in this league conceding goals at this rate no matter who we play.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Clint said:

How can you lose 5 nil and not have a single yellow card? 

That’s usually a pre-season friendly or testimonial. Shows we’re lacking that combative CDM. 

Having correctly predicted our first two results I now predict Leicester City to win 2-0. It’s too painful to think what Bournemouth will do to us midweek. 
Hopefully when we get our first point(s) things will look up.

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think he's stalking you Ricardo.

Sorry, mustn’t question Ricardo, what am I thinking.

Happy to talk Norwich if you are..

Just now, Herman said:

Well, that was pathetic.

It really was. Utterly abject. I won't worry yet as we're on the points total we all expected to be on, but it's not a reassuring sign.

I don't think we ever played so utterly toothless two seasons ago.

Man City have lots of quality. But Webber said he’a given Farke the pieces for us to be competitive this year. No evidence of that whatsoever. 

2 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Having correctly predicted our first two results I now predict Leicester City to win 2-0. 

Well why didn't you use your new-found powers to predict a Norwich win you absolute imbecile?

There's blood on your hands now!

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Part of the problem is that our nice fans make it too easy for the board- they have cultured a lack of ambition and a feeling we are lucky just to play in the division -

So what specifically should the fans do?

Man City very, very good. Always likely when a top team has been on a poor run, they smash someone. I'm sure we won't be the only team to concede 5 to them this season.

Regardless, we were poor. Gianoulis can't keep letting every single cross come in down his side. He looked good going forwards last week but incredibly suspect defensively. Rupp, who I generally like, offered him naff all support today either, which didn't help.

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

We will finish this season with at least 10 more points than we accumulated in 2019-20.

Ten more points will send us down still, make it nearer 15/20 to have a chance. 

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

Man City have lots of quality. But Webber said he’a given Farke the pieces for us to be competitive this year. No evidence of that whatsoever. 

Hard ti disagree.

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

We will finish this season with at least 10 more points than we accumulated in 2019-20.

What are you basing that on?

Got to feel sorry for those Man City fans haven’t you. Hopefully the 3 points will help cheer them up a bit while they can only dream of being self-funded. Can’t wait till the next league game when we play another proper club doing it the right way like ourselves, bring on the foxes!

Edited by Son Ova Gunn
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Part of the problem is that our nice fans make it too easy for the board- they have cultured a lack of ambition and a feeling we are lucky just to play in the division -

So true this.

Hate Leeds Utd - But their attitude is refreshing, just going up isn't enough.

• Like 1

Really really poor performance, admittedly against the best team in the league, but I saw enough to have me concerned. We look incredibly easy to pass through, and defensively all over the place. Optimism for the season has certainly dropped somewhat since 2 weeks ago.

Let’s hope we get that new CB and CDM/ball winning CM in ASAP.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

I would love to know the stat on how quick Man City foul after loosing possession. I think they done that every time! 

It was really frustrating.

Especially because we weren't even good enough to bother fouling

Just now, ricardo said:

Hard ti disagree.

When Webber said he's given us the pieces to be competitive this year I don't think he meant against the Champions and one of the best teams in the world. I think he meant against the teams in and around us. Burnley play on the defensive with big, physical players and still only conceded one less than we did against Liverpool.

I knew this would happen, because this is a board full of football fans, or 90%-ers. There's no point judging our players vs any of the top 4, they're a completely different league (not literally, of course). That's how Leeds, with all their funding, acquisitions and coach, could still concede 5 to United.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Got to feel sorry for those Man City fans haven’t you. Hopefully the 3 points will help cheer them up a bit while they can only dream of being self-funded. Can’t wait till the next league game when we play another proper club doing it the right way, bring on the foxes!

The 100m they spent on that t055 pot grealish is more than our squad is worth and probably pays 6 months of our wage bill. Poor man city must feel really sorry for us.

7 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

What the flying f*ck do the fans or the board have to do with us losing to one of the best teams in the world?

Get a grip you pant-wetting fanny. Utterly pathetic. More toothless than our midfield today, and that's saying something.

• Like 2