The Bristol Nest

Manchester City Match Thread

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Really? You actually believe that?

Yes, Man City will win a few games by 4 or more at home.

But I doubt they'll get another match all season where an opponent doesn't even touch the ball in their box for 77 minutes.

77 minutes.

Yes I do believe that. I should really stop arguing with you. I forgot you're a football genius/god. I apologise 🙌

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Really? You actually believe that?

Yes, Man City will win a few games by 4 or more at home.

But I doubt they'll get another match all season where an opponent doesn't even touch the ball in their box for 77 minutes.

77 minutes.

Well earlier we were told that "they wouldn't do this against Watford"

And were then reminded by someone else that Man City beat them 8-0 in an FA Cup final.

I'm fairly confident they'll do this to plenty of other teams..

Just now, Ward 3 said:

Yes I do believe that. I should really stop arguing with you. I forgot you're a football genius/god. I apologise 🙌

Congratulations on getting something right in this thread.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ward 3 said:

Jesus. Chill out 

Sorry, but you are being deliberately obtuse. It is perfectly reasonable to expect us to give a slightly better account of ourselves in this match than we have done. 

That doesn't mean scoring 8 goals like you stupidly accused fans of wanting, that doesn't even mean being close to drawing or winning this match. It literally just means a few signs going forwards, a couple of spells of possession, some patches of solid defending, some strong individual performances. I don't think there's been any of that in this game, but there was plenty to feel fairly positive about against Liverpool. 

It really isn't too much to ask or expect!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Still 20 mins left.

Great goal. We can only dream of that sort of quality.

-Like-

I’ve hit my reaction quota for the day.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Your frustration is becoming apparent. Pretty silly replies.

Mate I'm not frustrated. You knew what was going to happen today but some idiots on here..... saying nothing more on the game or this thread

1 minute ago, kirku said:

Well earlier we were told that "they wouldn't do this against Watford"

And were then reminded by someone else that Man City beat them 8-0 in an FA Cup final.

I'm fairly confident they'll do this to plenty of other teams..

I will enjoy seeing them give one of the other sides an absolute tonking after this... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

It’s 21st August, and we’re two games in

Yes I would expect we would have learned something from last time. Apparently not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Man City, 3 shots on target, 4 goals!

not sure what youre getting at with that one!!!!!     That suggests to me we done very well to keep them to 3 shots on target.... quite often own goals are unavoidable.... not seen this one. 

if you argue the foul / tackle count as a guide to our competitveness thats a fair point... we are currently 10-6 down on the foul count and they've had the ball for 70% of the match...... someone on here was complaining everytime we get near their goal they foul us, think that was the same v Newcastle..... well perhaps its that bit of nous' we simply dont seem to have. 

After promotion, i said we needed 3 CDM's as a priority.    We still need 3 CDM's, we don't seem to know how to put in a challenge.   

Not sure what is more depressing.... Watching us loose or watching us loose and read the big girls blouse whining on here! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ward 3 said:

Mate I'm not frustrated. You knew what was going to happen today but some idiots on here..... saying nothing more on the game or this thread

Its football. Emotions. Up and downs. Highs and lows.

Big low today. Doesn't stop me looking forward with hope to the Leicester match.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Not sure what is more depressing.... Watching us loose or watching us loose and read the big girls blouse whining on here! 

Whining or showing concern for the absolute shambles? 

18 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

This is where we should start kicking them but we won't and it'll probably end up 5. lol

This guy knows his stuff. The threat of a 100m player getting sidelined for 6 months would probably have slowed them down a bit.

4 minutes ago, fredherring said:

Muppets? 

You mean people with brains linked to their eyes?

If you can't see pukki is past it then you're unfortunately not watching the right sport. 

26 goals last year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

It really isn't too much to ask or expect!

It's actually quite offensive to Farke and the players to NOT expect better than we've served up today.

Versus Liverpool I was disappointed but don't think we were outclassed and Liverpool were very fortunate with two of their goals.

Today we have been utterly abject. If Man City bothered to find top gear today then Ipswich's record may have been in trouble.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Your making yourself look a right ****. No one expects us to win or even draw. But it's evident apart from you so let's explain it easily for you. We appear even with new personal we have learnt absolutely nothing from last time in the prem. That's the big concern, not getting beat by Man city or Liverpool

Edited by Jsim1986

Just now, ricardo said:

Yes I would expect we would have learned something from last time. Apparently not.

Fully agree, Farke has learnt nothing since our last crash and burn run in this league, he only knows one way to set up a team and its easy to stop us with the high press

Don't see any improvement yet from the side that finished 20th last time out. Very very naive and not strong enough ... Doesn't bode well for the rest of the season. Need those players Farke has alluded to asap!

Just now, Norfolk Dan said:

Do you believe we have given the best possible account of ourselves in this match? 

I happen to believe we can play better than this, sorry if that makes me a big girl's blouse.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Its football. Emotions. Up and downs. Highs and lows.

Big low today. Doesn't stop me looking forward with hope to the Leicester match.

I'm right with you. You are one of the more sensible and likeable posters on here