The Bristol Nest

Manchester City Match Thread

Just now, Ward 3 said:

What did people expect against Liverpool and mam City first 2 games? Seriously did you expect 2 or 6 points?

I think the disappointment today is the performance (especially 1st half) , not the result.

OTBC

• Like 3

Just now, Ward 3 said:

What did people expect against Liverpool and mam City first 2 games? Seriously did you expect 2 or 6 points?

A decent attempt at a game? A goal? An attempt at pressing? Some signs of positivity against the inevitable result?

1 minute ago, Ward 3 said:

I expected 0 points.

But answer me this, did you expect us to not have had a touch in the Man City box after 70 minutes?

• Like 3

I'm wondering if we're any better than we were 2 years ago.

4-goal margin of defeat against Liverpool. Now 4-0 away at Man C.
Will we get out of the bottom 3 this season ?

Just now, Robornio said:

A decent attempt at a game? A goal? An attempt at pressing? Some signs of positivity against the inevitable result?

We had some of that against Liverpool. Way off today.

Apparently it's 4 now, my stream hasn't caught up yet.

Just now, Ward 3 said:

0 points even after next week either. But a little bit more of a competition. It is a cruel start of course it is but today we look a team who don't deserve to be in this league.

Just now, Ward 3 said:

No but you expect a bit more fight in our performances, 1st half against Liverpool was actually pretty good as we matched them for the majority of it. But this game has just been dreadful from us. We lack any sort of threat and have had 0 (0!!!) shots for the entirety of the game. I'm sorry but that's crap no matter who you are playing.

1 minute ago, kirku said:

Fair enough. I also think we've been very poor but it's the ridiculous knee jerk stuff that I can't get on with.

Apologies if that's not you

Watching a game is an emotional experience, often the knee jerking goes both ways, best to just let it slide for the most part (unless its really really stupid). 

Only last week I made a thread dedicated to the performance of Giannoulis against Liverpool, and how much of an asset he was going to be for us this season, 45 minutes of game-time later and he's subbed off for our second choice right back.....

That's arguable as silly as some of the negative knee-jerk stuff you see pattered about. Always a bit nicer to find the positive though of course. 

Oh and there goes another one...

At least we won't play Man C & Liverpool again for a while, and all matches will be easier than these two, but highlights again need for improvements in CD and CDM

3 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Some fight, probably?  Making things difficult?   Definitely not falling into the same traps time after time.

But it’s not the end of the world, we’ve had two of the toughest games already and will hopefully learn.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K Lo said:

4 goal margin against Liverpool???

We were always likely to lose today but Farke and Webber have to take some stick for this. Tactically shambolic and naive. The midfield is not equipped.

for clubs like us at this level marginal gains are key. Our defending and attacking set pieces are horrific. There is no excuse for that nor the naive tactics today. 

Just now, canarydan23 said:

I expected 0 points.

But answer me this, did you expect us to not have had a touch in the Man City box after 70 minutes?

Yeah. Did you expect us to score 8 goals? Look how many city play. That's why they're champions. A lower team get in there half and they just bring the players down. 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

20 minutes to go. Christ, why am I still watching?

I've got to take my daughter to work in a bit........ I'm not disappointed 😂

Just now, norfolkbroadslim said:

4 goal margin against Liverpool???

Must be a new VAR post-game rule? 😂

3 minutes ago, K Lo said:

Doesn’t look like it, although that could be due to league improving 

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

20 minutes to go. Christ, why am I still watching?

I know what you mean Cambridgeshire!

It's in your blood. The good, the bad and the absolute sh1te; you watch through thick and thin.

OTBC

Absolutely embarrassing. 

And people on here think it's ludicrous to question farke? 

Formation didn't work. 

Personnel didn't work. 

No fight. 

Pukki persisted with when he's evidently, obviously, unfit and past his best. 

Not a single positive and morale sapping. The new players must be wondering what the hell they've done. 

Same old play out from the back and get pressed. 

Billy gilmour is not as good as people, or he, thinks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robertociNCFC said:

No but you expect a bit more fight in our performances, 1st half against Liverpool was actually pretty good as we matched them for the majority of it. But this game has just been dreadful from us. We lack any sort of threat and have had 0 (0!!!) shots for the entirety of the game. I'm sorry but that's crap no matter who you are playing.

A midfield that hasn't really played together but yeah we expect 70 pcent possession. Some of you 🙈😬

I expected no points against Liverpool or Man city, but I am sorry we are as Naive as we were last time, playing out the back when man city are pressing so hard, we are not good enough to do that. Pukki is absolutely done imo at this level, I expect to be set up to at least we can compete. This is embarrassing