The Bristol Nest

Manchester City Match Thread

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Next half should be different. Farke needs to react to that and replace a couple of players.  Not saying who, any of them could go off imo, but he needs to change it.

I almost agree with this. However, changing now, in the second game, at half time, could be a confidence destroyer.

Just now, All the Germans said:

You sir are everything that is wrong with football fans. We have been absolutely shocking but suggesting getting rid of Farke is such a stupid knee-jerk reaction, I'm more upset with myself for rising to it to be honest.

His name is fredherring.

I understand that "if plan a isn't working then we just have to do it better" but playing out from the back is doing us more harm than good at the moment.

I actually think playing Pukki up front is half the problem, in a way. The opposition know they he won't win any headers so they press hard and give us no way out.

3 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

You sir are everything that is wrong with football fans. We have been absolutely shocking but suggesting getting rid of Farke is such a stupid knee-jerk reaction, I'm more upset with myself for rising to it to be honest.

Oh do farke off. 

Its hardly knee jerk. 

There have been questions about his game management for years. 

Also if you can't see that suddenly ditching a formation to play a three man midfield containing two new players isn't stupid, then I pity you. 

Watch the game you talk about. 

2 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

I understand that "if plan a isn't working then we just have to do it better" but playing out from the back is doing us more harm than good at the moment.

I actually think playing Pukki up front is half the problem, in a way. The opposition know they he won't win any headers so they press hard and give us no way out.

Absolutely this. 

Just now, fredherring said:

Oh do farke off. 

Its hardly knee jerk. 

There have been questions about his game management for years. 

Also if you can't see that suddenly ditching a formation to play a three man midfield containing two new players isn't stupid, then I pity you. 

Watch the game you talk about. 

You’re missing the point. And, I fear trying to explain it to you will be a waste of my time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Always get one unfortunately best to ignore rather than ridicule as that’s what they want 

Oh grow up. 

Its totally legitimate to question this when it's like deja vu. 

Or is starting the new league with three midfielders, who haven't had pre season together, and leaving dowell out and pukki isolated, sensible? 

Is farke up to it? 

Its a legitimate question. 

8 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

The point is those other teams wouldn't be getting outplayed this badly even if they were 2 or even 3 down.

Based on what, exactly?

Liverpool just beat Burnley 2-0. That's one less than they managed against us, with 3x the number of shots as Burnley and less possession than we had against Man City in the first half.

I wonder if their fans are having a meltdown 1.5 games into the season too

Just what is going on when we have the ball in the final 3rd.. 

And again... Fouled when we are entering the attaching 3rd. Man City do this all the time.. it's just infuriating...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Have you watched Norwich in the last 4 years? 

of course..... but you asked a question, how are we expected to look away from home and I answered it.... Compact, tight, aggressive, organised, determined .....   don't think any of those options i suggested are not reasonable.... if we can't compete and learn to upset these teams rhythm, we will never earn the right to play our football at this level.    We're losing the foul count 5-3 and they've got the ball!    I am not sure our tackling is that good to re-balance the issue.   Last week we lost the foul count 4-14 and i can't recall us winning more tackles than Liverpool.    

Edited by ged in the onion bag

1 minute ago, CirclePoint said:

You’re missing the point. And, I fear trying to explain it to you will be a waste of my time.

I started typing a reply to him and then read this. Thank you for saving me my time. Mostly, stupid doesn't realise that it's stupid.

And even more laughable is half the people on here seem to think Aarons was taken off for mumba.

You simply do not watch the game you talk about some of you. 

And my god it shows in some of the absolute horse muck in this thread. 

4 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

Pukki needs to come off

Yep, bring Sargent on so we can have some form of focal point up front

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I hear you brother. I was hoping the super league would go ahead just so we could get rid of the lot of them for good.

OTBC

Am probably not the only one who remembers Ron Saunders building a team to get promoted and David Cross coming in from Rochdale as ”the final piece of the jigsaw”to get promoted. Now we sign 6 or 7 new players, at least half of whom will be at best inadequate in the vain hope of staying up. Better before? Yes

2 minutes ago, fredherring said:

Oh grow up. 

Its totally legitimate to question this when it's like deja vu. 

Or is starting the new league with three midfielders, who haven't had pre season together, and leaving dowell out and pukki isolated, sensible? 

Is farke up to it? 

Its a legitimate question. 

Yes. It is a legitimate question. It’s also an ignorant question.

Asking such a question simply shows a lack a of realism.

17 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Leicester up next. What fun…

Beat them last time we played them didn't we?

Plus....I'm sure there will be a few teams, big and small, who will be 2-0 down at HT this season to this particular Man City team. Or worse.

Edited by sonyc

6 minutes ago, fredherring said:

And even more laughable is half the people on here seem to think Aarons was taken off for mumba.

You simply do not watch the game you talk about some of you. 

And my god it shows in some of the absolute horse muck in this thread. 

Again…another off balance and meaningless contribution.

Edited by CirclePoint

I don't like to say this about one of our players, but I hope that is the last we see of Rupp for us in a yellow shirt in the PL.  He just isn't good enough.  I just can't see him offering anything against any of the other sides in the league.

Gianoullis, was having a mare and deserved to go off, but he still has something to offer.  

Good to see Farke making the changes at half time though.  Think that surprised everyone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steve White said:

Am probably not the only one who remembers Ron Saunders building a team to get promoted and David Cross coming in from Rochdale as ”the final piece of the jigsaw”to get promoted. Now we sign 6 or 7 new players, at least half of whom will be at best inadequate in the vain hope of staying up. Better before? Yes

Last time we were promoted we signed (I think) one player.

Things change.

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Yep, bring Sargent on so we can have some form of focal point up front

He simply doesn’t have his edge this game.

Farke new contract under his belt how will we afford to let him go. 

23 minutes ago, kirku said:

Relegation fights are predicated on results against Liverpool and Man City. 

Everyone knows that.

Exactly - these two games are the worst start of any other Premier League team with the next three not a lot better but on paper not as difficult as two of the top 5 teams in Europe - new recruits or not we were always going to struggle in the first 5 games so let’s just see where we go thereafter 

• Like 1