The Bristol Nest

Manchester City Match Thread

Still not sure about the lack of a number 10, even more so with Pukki playing as he tends to look invisible without one and don't think Gilmour at defensive mid is good and he should be more central..

But end of the day it's Man City away and a write off, so whatever

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

Free hit this one really, I just hope that we don't get completely obliterated and the players confidence gets knocked. I imagine Manchester City will br raring to go after their defeat against  Spurs last week. 

Edited by Alex

From the BBC web site... Pep Guardiola makes five changes as he bids to stem a run of five defeats in seven games for Manchester City dating back to the tail-end of last season.

Good a time as any to play Man City...

4 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

From the BBC web site... Pep Guardiola makes five changes as he bids to stem a run of five defeats in seven games for Manchester City dating back to the tail-end of last season.

NOT a Good a time as any to play Man City...

Fixed that for you 😉

2 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Fixed that for you 😉

It's a cup match.... Nothing more... Free hit... We shall just have to sit back and watch or listen.....

I do worry whether we're flogging Pukki too hard sometimes. He has played so much football in the last 2 seasons and he's 31. I'm not moaning about the team selection because I understand why he's gone with that line up, but I keep expecting Pukki to get injured at any moment. 

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How many times are we thinking Grealish is gonna flop to the floor today then? 10? 30? 100?

Could be a competition between him and Cantwell.

Refs are being a lot harder this season and not giving freekicks for namby pamby challenges and allowing more physicality. I'm all for it tbh, but I'm not sure that really suits us.

10 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

It's a cup match.... Nothing more... Free hit... We shall just have to sit back and watch or listen.....

Given our cup record in recent years, I’m not so sure treating it as a cup match would be that helpful…

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Given our cup record in recent years, I’m not so sure treating it as a cup match would be that helpful…

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

8 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Try again... Recent years! I will take Daniels approach to our cups over any of the last 20 years of cup performances! 

9 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

This does not really count today but the concern i have this season is are we going to score enough , 

Pukki is our main goal threat but looked leggy and not as fresh as others last week 

we must create chances and get players forward quicker 

They have a good side and will no doubt give us a hiding but without Aguero, Sterling and De Bruyne their line up is not quite a terrifying as it’s looked in the past. 

As usual, worried about the midfield screening the defence today. Bit surprised he’s not brought Kenny or Sorensen in.