Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Team for Bournemouth

27 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

What are we thinking? Assuming all are fit..

team.png

Williams instead of gianni if signed in time? I hope he isn't signed at all😬🙄

Personally I’d start Gibson and Hanley, we need them to sharpen up fast and they will only do that playing games. Both have missed a lot of football, too much to be not getting the extra minutes. 

Rest Pukki, give Sorensen, Tzolis and Sargent a start and try to get Dowell, Cantwell and Rasicha minutes too. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Personally I’d start Gibson and Hanley, we need them to sharpen up fast and they will only do that playing games. Both have missed a lot of football, too much to be not getting the extra minutes. 

Rest Pukki, give Sorensen, Tzolis and Sargent a start and try to get Dowell, Cantwell and Rasicha minutes too. 

I'm thinking along similar lines. Play a 1st team selection, but incorporating a few different players. Krul to start for example. It's tricky to even drop Pukki for this game as you want the attacking players to gel.

I'd start with our first starting 11 from Liverpool and today (or even from half time today) and lay down the gauntlet.

If by half time we are languishing, then changes are needed and we have 45 minutes to see how that works against a decent side. 

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Theres an argument for saying, after the first 2 games and given that the squad are playing catchup after a curtailed pre-season, to play our strongest team to get a bit of cohesion and confidence back

That only works if you win....

I don't think Farke will make many changes as he will want to create a bit of momentum for our next league game and continue to improve the fitness levels of others. Gianoullis and Rupp can be punished/rested without the too much notice so I think it will be the team that started the 2nd half

• Like 1

Sargent in for Pukki and Tzolis in for Rashica, maybe McLean in for Rupp, otherwise the same team as started the league games.

Gunn

Aarons Hanley Gibson Giannoulis 

Gilmour Lees-Melou 

Raschica Cantwell Tzolis

Sargeant 

I think Krul needs to be dropped to wake him up a bit. Bit tough considering the first two games but he's not asserting his usual dominance and hasn't made any great shot stops.

Pukki has been virtually non existent. Again, it's a tough call but taking the covid situation into account and the fact Farke said Pukki had lost weight from it I think maybe it's taken a bit of a toll.

Sargent and Tzolis need to adapt and acclimatise to English football asap if they are to make any impact this season and what better way than to use this cup game.

Not sure if this is a concern for anybody else but I just don't believe either Gibson or Hanley are good enough for premier league football (i know this is a different topic than the op has started). They would walk into any championship side but ask yourselves, who would they displace in a lower premier league side?

This suddenly becomes a more important game, a chance to kickstart some positive play. 

Expect a strong team and a bit of fire in the belly.

13 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Theres an argument for saying, after the first 2 games and given that the squad are playing catchup after a curtailed pre-season, to play our strongest team to get a bit of cohesion and confidence back

Agreed, I think we need to be at it.

It's a new group and this is the perfect game before Leicester. A very tough opponent and a real game for fitness and reaction. 

Def think a few fringe players will be getting some time in the 2nd half

If he plays Pukki questions have to be asked. Guy looks knackered, needs a break, and we need to get minutes into the legs of the strikers that actually seem to pose a threat right now.

• Like 3

Whilst I’d normally want us to give some more new players an opportunity to show what they’ve got, given yesterday’s really poor performance I think Farke should play the exact team he expects to start with against Leicester.

I appreciate this runs the risks of injury but I think we need to reset and use cup tie as our final ‘pre season” game. Maybe you can then swap a few players over after 60 minutes but there’s clearly a need for a bit of time playing together as a team and players like Rashica , Gilmour and Lees Melou need to start learning how to play alongside established players like Cantwell, Pukki Aarons etc.

having said that, I would seriously be thinking about dropping Pukki from both starting line ups as clearly he is not up to speed our his normal self at the moment.

Pukki was always going to be the player effected most by Buendia’s departure.

He can make all the runs he likes, but there isn’t a player in our midfield (except possibly Cantwell) that has Buendia’s ability to supply him.

Just now, yellowrider120 said:

Agree with this line up. Idah MUST 

Continuing!!

Idah MUST start otherwise there is zero point him hanging around as Farke seemingly refuses to give him a run of matches. The notion that no changes should be made is absurd. If the squad is not used after that insipid showing yesterday would see morale plummet surely.   

When Idah and Sargent came on against Liverpool they made a real difference, they should both be in the starting line up

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Continuing!!

Idah MUST start otherwise there is zero point him hanging around as Farke seemingly refuses to give him a run of matches. The notion that no changes should be made is absurd. If the squad is not used after that insipid showing yesterday would see morale plummet surely.   

Fair enough if wholesale changes are made...but if they are I dont want to hear anymore excuses from Farke about covid affecting pre season and players lacking minutes and preparation because of it....because here is an ideal extra game to give first choice players just that.

On 22/08/2021 at 12:38, Alfie54 said:

When Idah and Sargent came on against Liverpool they made a real difference, they should both be in the starting line up

Much as I like the idea we never seem to play well with two up top

@cambridgeshire canary

As it's a cup game I think you should start the ***** official Lapps Bournmouth match thread *****. Hopefully that will Kickstart a change of fortune. 

Let's be 'aving you! 😊 

11 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Can you watch the game anywhere?

I think you can pay for Canaries TV?

Or go move to any country that's not in the UK and it will probably be on tv somewhere.. Or you could buy a ticket and go to carrow road!

Play the same side with Tzolis and Sargent coming on at half time. We need to give Rashica, Lees-Melou, and Gilmour vital minutes playing with their new teammates and vice versa, to get this team gelling into its usual slick well oiled machine. It is the single most important thing for us right now, because until everyone’s familiar with Daniel’s system and their new teammates we will continue to lack the necessary cohesion and telepathy needed to play our intricate game as was evidenced in our game at the weekend. When that all comes together I have no doubt we will be a different animal - just as we saw after the start of 2018/19 season.

On 22/08/2021 at 10:37, unique said:

He can make all the runs he likes, but there isn’t a player in our midfield (except possibly Cantwell) that has Buendia’s ability to supply him

Lees-Melou and Gilmour can equal, if not better, Emi's ability to play a ball I think.  In fact, Lees-Melou has that Beckham-esque style of delivery.

But, Emi was able to take people away from Pukki and deliver an unorthodox pass, I think that's the difference with them both being on the same wave level. 

I think we need to establish feeding him from deeper positions, but in the prem Pukki isn't going to win many foot races.  It's going to take time for Rashica to learn what works, it's arguably quicker to pair him up with Sargent (?)

With Pukki, we need his body mass to come up to what it was, maybe that's why Farke is pushing him into games to build his strength back?  I'm not a sports scientist so don't know how it all works, or what Teemu responds to.  

Personally, I think he's mentally spent.. Crap experience in Euros, experienced the Erikson incident first hand, had to come out and play after that.  It seems to me that he hasn't had a break or time to process relegation, promotion and then the euros. 

Add to that losing Emi who he paraded to the fans end of season in the carpark, and got us chanting for him to stay - Add into that, picking up Covid, missing pre-season and a large change of personnel around his position, media writing him off.

Just think he needs some time personally.  But maybe Farke see's it differently.

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Or go move to any country that's not in the UK and it will probably be on tv somewhere.. Or you could buy a ticket and go to carrow road!

A mid week game, i'm based in Herts, so a mission to watch a cup game doesnt appeal. Will see whether its on Canaries TV, ta.

Edited by jaberry2

27 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Any idea if the BBC Norfolk commentary will be available online (seeing as it is League cup and not the Prem)?