Sign in to follow this  
Commonsense

Away tickets for Man City

According to the club site we are taking 1450 fans today. This seems remarkably low for an away game in the Prem. The game sold out to Norwich fans well before it reached lower priority groups. I can’t believe that 1450 is the maximum Man City allow, so is this yet another ticket office ****-up? Danny Casey has some serious questions to answer. Could this be taken up by the Supporters Panel?

The reason I didn't try to get a ticket is the closure of the ticket office. There would've still been some available to season ticket holders on Monday when I looked Sunday but posting them out now you can't pick them up in person I was looking at Wednesday before I'd get it. I wanted to go up that way a few days before but couldn't plan to as I didn't know when the ticket would come.  Shutting is ticket office is a useless idea.

I don't think 1450 is the maximum.  I thought it was 3000. It may be that we had to buy the tickets from man city upfront and the club didn't want to risk paying for 100s of tickets they couldn't sell. 

1 minute ago, The Raptor said:

The reason I didn't try to get a ticket is the closure of the ticket office. There would've still been some available to season ticket holders on Monday when I looked Sunday but posting them out now you can't pick them up in person I was looking at Wednesday before I'd get it. I wanted to go up that way a few days before but couldn't plan to as I didn't know when the ticket would come.  Shutting is ticket office is a useless idea.

I don't think 1450 is the maximum.  I thought it was 3000. It may be that we had to buy the tickets from man city upfront and the club didn't want to risk paying for 100s of tickets they couldn't sell. 

I think you can pick them up from the Fan Hub in the city. My concern is that it sold out before lots of members got access to tickets. We are selling away memberships under false pretences if we artificially limit tickets but charge people for membership.

There is the likelihood that if we took the full allocation then Norwich would have been liable for any Unsold tickets. So that's anything up to £45,000

The last two visits to Man C saw 1,323 and 1,406 away fans, respectively.

The following groups were able to purchase tickets, before selling out: Match Picks, Groups 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and ST holders.

Just now, NewNestCarrow said:

There is the likelihood that if we took the full allocation then Norwich would have been liable for any Unsold tickets. So that's anything up to £45,000

The following groups were able to purchase tickets, before selling out: Match Picks, Groups 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and ST holders.

I don’t think that this is true. They sold out at about Group 3.

8 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I don’t think that this is true. They sold out at about Group 3.

I disagree.

And Raptor says "There would've still been some available to season ticket holders on Monday when I looked Sunday... "

If tickets were still available on Sunday (15th) then ALL Away Groups had been given the opportunity.

9 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

This is how I have always understood it. They make a calculated guess as to how many we are likely to sell and take up that proportion of the availability or, return en block if it's felt we will not sell out.

Returning tickets days before the game give the home club time to sell, we do it quite a bit.