Williams seems to be very versatile so I was wondering if he can play DM? He may be more mobile than Sorensen and filling in for full backs will be easy if that’s his day job. 

I appreciate he’s 5ft 7 but Kante is only small and I don’t remember Makalele being that tall neither and yet they are exceptional DM’s. 

What do you think?

57 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Williams seems to be very versatile so I was wondering if he can play DM? He may be more mobile than Sorensen and filling in for full backs will be easy if that’s his day job. 

I appreciate he’s 5ft 7 but Kante is only small and I don’t remember Makalele being that tall neither and yet they are exceptional DM’s. 

What do you think?

I really don't see the point in signing him. If you ask me it's a waste of money and a loan spot. I don't think he's a very good player either.

13 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

I really don't see the point in signing him. If you ask me it's a waste of money and a loan spot. I don't think he's a very good player either.

No point? What happens when we lose Gianoullis or Aaron’s to injury or suspension?

• Like 1

He’s an excellent signing in my view. He’s versatile, pushes both full backs to perform and gives us cover where we are thin on the ground. We need him in exactly the same way we need Sargent to push and cover for Pukki. Long season ahead and we can’t go through the entirety of it with just three full backs!

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

No point? What happens when we lose Gianoullis or Aaron’s to injury or suspension?

Id rather we loaned someone else than an unproven player. We've got sorensen to play full back 😬🙄

6 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Id rather we loaned someone else than an unproven player. We've got sorensen to play full back 😬🙄

He’s not totally unproven, he’s very highly thought of by Man Utd and is comfortable in both full back positions. Very smart, shrewd signing in my opinion. We just need that elusive Skipp replacement and another centre back and we’ll be looking good I reckon.

• Like 1

I would now not be at all surprised if Maximilian was sold before the window closes. No way would United loan BW out without the boy being 'promised game time'. Can't believe he's being viewed as 'just cover'.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

I would now not be at all surprised if Maximilian was sold before the window closes. No way would United loan BW out without the boy being 'promised game time'. Can't believe he's being viewed as 'just cover'.

You could argue that BW is an upgrade on what we have, im not doing Max or Dimi a disservice, their both great as we know but as you say no way Manure loan a player out of his quality to warm a bench..

10 minutes ago, Spillay said:

You could argue that BW is an upgrade on what we have, im not doing Max or Dimi a disservice, their both great as we know but as you say no way Manure loan a player out of his quality to warm a bench..

Williams is no where near the level of Dimi or Max, not saying he won't be but he isn't right now. Like a lot of you not sure this loan move is anything other than a competition for places.

1 hour ago, Jsim1986 said:

Williams is no where near the level of Dimi or Max, not saying he won't be but he isn't right now. Like a lot of you not sure this loan move is anything other than a competition for places.

He might not be but he's fitter that Byram and is actually able to be a fully fledged LB unlike Lungi. No point signing a permanent player to sit behind Dimi and Aaron's on the bench, loan makes perfect sense

4 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

What do you think?

What I think is that we're going to play wing backs, and that is the hardest job on the pitch, so we'll see rotation and subs in those positions and need depth to achieve that. Nobody runs more than a wing back if they are doing their job properly.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Does this signal a move for Max? 

This I thinks the multi million dollar question, GPB. With Man Utd rumoured to be interested on several occasions I guess it would be crazy to rule out something emerging in the days to come what with Brandon Williams apparently coming here. Hard to know really, but I will guess we keep Max, and Brandon really is just coming here to add further options, strength, and competition at the back (🙏)

Edited by Alex Moss