Sign in to follow this  
Cheeky Monkey

Academy - "Donate a pound" - Avin a laugh

I just bought my Hull tickets today. When paying with my card I was asked whether I would like to dontate a pound towards the academy.

"Norwich City you''re got to be having a laugh."

After yesterdays lacklustre performance I thought I was being fairly loyal and committed by going to the Hull match.

Why on earth would i donate a pound to the Academy when Nigel Worthington never gives the youngsters a chance.

This is the final straw for me this season. Please someone do something about this current debarkle.

i couldnt agree with you more, 

they even had the cheek yesterday at the game at half time to see if anybody would like to donate money to the new tactic zone up colney to develop the tactical side of the game to our younger players but because worthington dont give them a chance what fan is going to want to donate money. 

Couldn''t agree more CM I know several academy boys and they are increasingly embarrased by the way in which the academy is being run.  Other clubs seem to manage on FA funding and let me tell you the money they get from the FA does not go to scholars "pocket money" as they are on the minimum allowed and some wages actually dropped by over 30% this season.

While I don''t think the Academy will flourish in terms of the players being used while Worthington is here.... please don''t tar their work with the same brush.  They have done wonders in the past and need supporters to donate or sponor for future players.  I could not be more WO, but I can see a future beyond Worthington....  It is to get these youngsters playing in the true Norwich tradition and to get rid of using journeymen and quick fix loanees.

Just look at the lack of passion on the pitch yesteday from our team (only Green a former academy player) until Shackell came on, and contrast them with Ipswich.  Passion, commitment and passing ability.  Team work..... Not from us, from Ipswich.

I shall be proud to sponsor the academy next season and although I will be renewing my ST, I will more likely go to watch the youngsters up at Colney should Mr Worthington still be at Carrow Road.

Gazza, I agree that we should support the yoof. I just can''t see an end to the Worthy regime and with his record of supporting youngsters I just feel like its another stab in the back.

I get enough charity begging when walking down London Street of a lunch time. At least that money might go to go use. We are training players e.g. Crow that will leave for nought.

I''m starting to detest Nigel Worthington. Harsh words I know, but I he''s got my goat.

Baaaah....

I resent giving NCFC anything the way Worthington has squandered money on poor players and their agents. Get your own house in order before asking me for any cash.

I hate this MacDonalds approach to business that the club is adopting. If I had wanted fries with my burger I would have asked for them. So no Delia, Michael, Neil etc I do not want to pay £1 towards the unused yoof each time I phone Norwich City.

5p for ketchup. You''ve gotta be joking. I wouldn''t have paid 5p for Etuhu.

I wonder when Norwich will have to resort to bogof''s.