Harry53

No live coverage of Man City game?

I see that it appears we are going to be unable to watch the match, unless anyone knows a way around this? I was happy paying £10 last year and got so used to watching every game, I know feel very disappointed that we can legally only see highlights later on, or listen live on radio. It is just not the same as watching live

There will be plenty of rivers flowing as there are for all prem games. Fear not! It's not going to be easy viewing though...

• Like 1

Presumably EFL games aren’t being shown live online either, now that crowds are back?  I can’t go so might just take in my local non-league side....there’s several local sides home in the FA Cup.  

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://www.mancity.com/news/mens/which-tv-channel-is-manchester-city-norwich-on-63764797

Don't worry, if you live in literally any country BUT the UK, aka where the match is being played, you can watch it!

... God this always annoys me

Hopefully you realise why that's the case Cambridgeshire? 

Well the "official" reason anyway? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

A guy left an email address on here yesterday, if you send him a message and your bank account details he will reply with a link. Apparently he has a large cyber family to support.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://www.mancity.com/news/mens/which-tv-channel-is-manchester-city-norwich-on-63764797

Don't worry, if you live in literally any country BUT the UK, aka where the match is being played, you can watch it!

I watched the Man City victory from a hotel bar in Tanzania, where it was on so many channels the bar staff asked us which of 4 languages we wanted to watch it in. Amazing really. 

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Is this the "if 3pm games were televised no one would watch non-league" thing that gets trotted about?

Incidentally, FA facilities are also not allowed to hire out their pitches to the public during "core" hours either for the same reason.

24 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Is this the "if 3pm games were televised no one would watch non-league" thing that gets trotted about?

Incidentally, FA facilities are also not allowed to hire out their pitches to the public during "core" hours either for the same reason.

Not sure about just non league, but yes the assumption is if you could stay at home & watch overpaid premier league players, you're less inclined to go and watch any live match, elsewhere. 

Plus clubs like Norwich would really suffer as I suspect many would choose to pay a tenner and watch it on TV rather than pay to get to the game.

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

the assumption is if you could stay at home & watch overpaid premier league players, you're less inclined to go and watch any live match, elsewhere

Sadly, the people that would go watch lower leagues are so disenfranchised by modern football that they've forgot what it's like to watch a live game on the TV, let along the enjoyment of a live stadium.

It's been robbed from the common man, if I was FA I'd send out lower league matches to be live broadcast on BBC/ITV and build up a love for the sport to people who don't have Sky/BT and would be happy to see a live game on a Saturday afternoon - no matter where it is.

I think that would also raise profiles of lower teams, and raise an interest into people visiting their local teams.  Call it the 'cheapskate' football fan if you will.  Not everything has to be about the prem league, it's "good" because people know the teams and the players.  Absolutely no reason the lower leagues couldn't be covered as the college leagues are in US sports.

• Like 2

Agreed, and you can get some cracking games (and incident) at lower leagues. 

BT do cover the national league, but I agree the coverage could be more freely available. 

39 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Plus clubs like Norwich would really suffer as I suspect many would choose to pay a tenner and watch it on TV rather than pay to get to the game.

It is possible to black it out in areas so it could be done in Norwich only. Make all home games all ticket.

Then us expats could pay out our tenners for decent coverage. Even a TV season ticket.

Edited by keelansgrandad
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Harry53 said:

I see that it appears we are going to be unable to watch the match, unless anyone knows a way around this? I was happy paying £10 last year and got so used to watching every game, I know feel very disappointed that we can legally only see highlights later on, or listen live on radio. It is just not the same as watching live

I suspect our highlights may be winning a corner in the 57th minute and a shot on target in the 84th ....

Theoretically they could @keelansgrandadbut they cant successfully stop people in the entire country watching via unauthorized methods. 

Edited by Greavsy

2 hours ago, DisorientatedCanary said:

I watched the Man City victory from a hotel bar in Tanzania, where it was on so many channels the bar staff asked us which of 4 languages we wanted to watch it in. Amazing really. 

I watched it in Phuket Thailand

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Might feel annoying, but then this is where a big chunk of City's and other Prem clubs' broadcasting revenues come from.   

3 hours ago, DisorientatedCanary said:

1 hour ago, Haus said:

I watched it in Phuket Thailand

Really pleased it wasn’t just me that missed out, I was in Abu Dhabi 😁

6 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I will be watching the game live in Manchester 

I'll be watching on the wireless😉

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

If you’re still in Phuket you’ll probably be saying that quite a few times on Saturday

Phuket and Bangkok.. It's like they wanted us to laugh

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Phuket and Bangkok.. It's like they wanted us to laugh

Its not your sense of humour that the Thais want.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Budapest Canary said:

Might feel annoying, but then this is where a big chunk of City's and other Prem clubs' broadcasting revenues come from.   

I'm not following how they make revenue from *not* broadcasting games. 

Seems more likely that they'd be losing revenue to illegal streams and fans with VPN connections. 

Right now you have to pay two different broadcasters for the privilege of watching something like 10% of games. It's nonsense. 

Many of the people watching those streams would gladly pay for a legit high quality stream if one was available. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Not sure about just non league, but yes the assumption is if you could stay at home & watch overpaid premier league players, you're less inclined to go and watch any live match, elsewhere. 

Except everyone that wants to stays at hone and watches illegal streams of the games anyway, thus rendering the argument and idea pointless. You can’t stop something on the internet once it’s out there.

20 hours ago, Harry53 said:

Ever thought of buying a ticket and going to the game??

Why can't they then, instead of showing a PL game at 3pm, show a national league game or whatever? I'd watch it if we didn't have a game on at that time