Sign in to follow this  
Cheeky Monkey

Do the players get on with Worthington?

I''ve got a few contacts close to the club and have heard that quite a few of the players don''t get on with Worthington.

Is he simply bad at man managment? Seems to me to be the reason for the lack of team spirit.

I''m also not sure if he''s the brightest of sparks. He interviews terribly.

Ashton, francis, huckerby, mcveigh, drury, bently, edworthy, crow, hayes, perhaps mackay all seem to have had fallings out although the first 2 werent his fault perhaps.

He seems to fall out with alot of key players and i dont know whether he has had the full support of the dressing room over the last 18 months.

Cheeky, not much of a scoop I think, the number of times he''s fallen out with players stands to reason the players do not get along with him, especially those ha can''t get rid off e.g. Paul McV.  After yesterday Hucks probably in the same boat.  I know he fell out with David Bentley not for John Smiths incident, because he had the temerity as a young kid to try to give him some advice.  He comes across as arrogant and belives his way is the best and only way.  Which it clearly isn''t.

Not the brightest of sparks, not surprising for an ex footballer, not one of the games great thinkers.

I have heard unsubstantiated rumours from a relative of a first team player that some players have lost confidence in Worthy.  Judging by the performance yesterday I don''t think the players went out trying to prove that they believe in the way Worthy is asking them to play.

ask jason Shackell if the players get on with Worthy.....

Personally i dont feel he is as well respected or liked as is made out.... as has been said above many players have fallen out with him then been shown the door due to a difference of opinion...

surely input from the "workers" can be of huge benefit in getting us going in the right direction.. they have to play the game after all!

jas :)

Worthington seems unable to forgive players! Once you get on the wrong side of him there''s no way back!!!His grudge against Edworthy cost us a good player and losing Hayes and Crow has just been stupid. Ok as a manager you shouldn''t stand for lip from the players but Worthy takes it too far in his punishments I think!

i think we all saw with our own eyes yesterday a team of talented but demoralised individuals.  it seemed to me in front of a watching full house that they gave no effort or urgency in replying to ipswich''s winning goal. the game just seemed to go completely dead right after and the ref might as well just blown for full-time there and then. i bet royal couldn''t believe how easy we rolled over - i''d love to hear his private assessment.draw your own conclusions, but it doesn''t look to me like the players are happy bunnies.  i wouldn''t be surprised to learn of dressing room problems given the dire level of performance we''ve seen this season and especially in the last 4-5 games.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

surely input from the "workers" can be of huge benefit in getting us going in the right direction.. they have to play the game after all!

[/quote]Indeed they do. So why don''t they pull their collective fingers out and look like they give a toss once in a while?To do otherwise is to harm their own career regardless of personal differences.

Judging from the way they play when out on the field, there''s not much sign of there being informational input from them, that will be of much benefit to the result.  I mean, that they are out there and have the opposition at their mercy, and the ball so to speak is in their court, and the tactics that they deploy do not make them likely to deliver a win at any time.  I think that when Worthy asks them to get close to the opposition, win and pass the ball.  I see no signs of them doing that for him, or for that  matter any other manager you choose to mention.  I do''nt see any other way of playing, after all these are just basic requirements of a very simple game.  Once they master winning the ball and keeping it and making a pass to a yellow shirt we could expect them to try to score the odd goal or two.

Perhaps they really do''nt want to win.!!!

Good job they did''nt fight for us during the 2nd World war,  they would''nt put up much of a fight, demoralised indeed, what happened to them, someone did''nt put sugar in their tea. Faries!!!

To be honest he does not need to get on with the players - he could still manage them superbly and get them playing football and not get on with any of them.

What the need to do is respect him,understand his master plan and be willing to perform better collectively than they could individually  Ramsey won a world cup that way after all..

Well most of the new signings seem to say they chose Norwich because of the great set up at Carrow Road, and because other players they knew at Norwich had recommended coming here. I guess one of the main questions when choosing a new job is "what is the boss like" - so some players must be happy with him.

I have wondered about his motivational skills.

Its a bit 1980''s to stick up A4 posters with David Brent corperate speak which I see in the background at Colney.