Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Sheff Utd

A year ago, if someone had said there would be 22 teams between us in the League standings a year later, I am sure the Blunts would have laughed their socks off, and merrily mocked us (Has anyone heard from any of them recently?) Plus having Leeds below us, no matter how temporary, also raises a silly grin

Yes, you've guessed it, there isn't much on the tellybox tonight.

Edited by Crabbycanary3

7 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Excellent 100 game just finished, exciting finish

Like my cricket but still scarred from the **** up in the test match, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Golf? If so, not my bag Vazzza, thanks

Nope, the snooker! Quite marmite snooker, but I love it.

With you on golf!!

• Like 1

Funny how the media gushed over them in that first season up (pundits salivating over the overlapping centre backs etc) and now they are tucked back away in a dark quiet place.

It was all about momentum and Wilder for them. Hence they are snookered now.

27 minutes ago, hogesar said:

But many on here wanted to be them not so long ago...

They were dumped for Brentford in January. Easy transition, even managed to keep the same shirts.

#seamless

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

There was a Sheff Utd fan on here after we played them in the PL a couple of years ago and he was hugely offended when I suggested that they were essentially a bunch of oafs who would sink like a stone when Wilder left. 

Leeds would do the same if Bielsa left tomorrow.

United should push up the league with their strike force but, again, I doubt they'll challenge for promotion because their squad is full of Championship players.

4 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I do hope that Billy Sharp's sock puppet isn't taking it all too hard.......................

New puppet required Billy - one with frown on it's face !😂

9 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

I don't agree with this part. You would expect a club of Leeds' size, crowd etc to be a regular feature on the Premier League.

The only reason they were in decline for so long was that they got themselves into such a financial mess from "chasing the dream." 

I actually enjoyed watching Sheff U under Wilder, there were several parallels with us under Lambert.

The trouble with high tempo intense football is that although it's fun to watch and can take you far, it isn't sustainable long-term.

In Sheff U's case I thought that a lot of their success was built on a solid defensive system combined with the outstanding Henderson in goal, giving them a solid base from which to progress.

It was telling that while they rightly won many plaudits, none of their players were ever linked with moves to bigger clubs, hinting at their true ability.

Still expect them to challenge this season, but might be a bumpy welcome back to the Championship.

21 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Really sad about the sock puppet though

A complete rip of Mankind from WWE! 

46F158B1-5B4B-431A-BB82-2CABE4D7B346.jpeg

12 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

There was a Sheff Utd fan on here after we played them in the PL a couple of years ago and he was hugely offended when I suggested that they were essentially a bunch of oafs who would sink like a stone when Wilder left. 

United should push up the league with their strike force but, again, I doubt they'll challenge for promotion because their squad is full of Championship players.

...which is handy if you're in the Championship.....🙈

15 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

I always wondered where my old 'Mr Handy' catch cloth went?.....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Badger said:

I don't agree with this part. You would expect a club of Leeds' size, crowd etc to be a regular feature on the Premier League.

The only reason they were in decline for so long was that they got themselves into such a financial mess from "chasing the dream." 

Yeah it would depend on who replaces him and whether they make any future transfers.

The basis for that prediction was that the core of their squad were/are championship players - which is what I said about Sheffield united. Once Bielsa leaves, their levels will go down a notch or two because he is a world class coach.

Their new players (Raphina, Meslier etc) are good but Dallas, Bamford (as we know), Ayling etc were proven to be championship players before Bielsa came along.

1 hour ago, Danke bitte said:

Was it not something to do with Mick Foley visiting them in pre season that gave rise to it?

Watched WBA last night and they were very very physical in their approach. For all the praise Ismael got while managing Barnsley, his team last night were rough, tough and got the ball forward early.

Supporters loved it.

Funny they got fed up with Pulis.

Yeah, my WBA mate was visably surprised as we watched the **** game on TV, the non stop long throws, and long balls. He was not convinced but I remember these tactics unsettling us too in past games. I do want to see us build in a more physical approach. Blades fans last night said their team were bullied and even looked physically smaller. “Slav needs to polish these turds or flush”

Watching the game on replay Sheff U could have easily lost that game 7-O. The new GK had an absolute mare.