Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk camper

Line up for Man City

Gilmour's key this game. His ability on the ball in the deep should help us beat the City press.

3 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

I always believe we can win Alex, no matter who we play. Blind optimism maybe but we have seen that football can be a strange game. They also have Foden out, which can only be a bonus for us.

Agreed, I also think there’s a tendency to overhype the opposition whilst not giving our players their own credit at times, Crabby. Now don’t get me wrong, Man City are where they are for good reason and are understandably favourites, I get that, but to be honest I find the odds on us winning at 25/1 pretty insulting on our lads. We have talented players ourselves who can cause anyone problems, and if I’m not mistaken, we probably have one of the better records against Pep’s Man City to be fair, think we’ve had several wins and draws against him. So I think 25/1 is a bit ridiculous myself, and not realistic - hence why I whacked a fiver down for PUP’s on the off chance we leave the MOTD pundits red faced… AGAIN 😜

• Like 2

Rumours from the Man City forum that De Bruyne and Stones were not on the team bus.

If it’s Ake and Mendy starting rather than Stones and Dias, well, no complaints. 

But a big boost for our boys if De Bruyne is missing. 

Unchanged line-up for us.

No de Bruyne at all for them, not on the bench either. Gundogan, Rodri and Grealish together.

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Unchanged line-up for us.

No de Bruyne at all for them, not on the bench either. Gundogan, Rodri and Grealish together.

I would of liked to seen no Rupp, really don't like him at this level

Not a huge fan of this lineup. Got to hope Rupp or Lees-Melou offer some more support to Pukki and that he looks a bit fitter. Fingers crossed.

Just now, Jsim1986 said:

I would of liked to seen no Rupp, really don't like him at this level

Thought he played tidily last week. Not much point looking at the previous season as he was out of position for most of it, not to mention hadn't played for nearly a year before that due to a serious injury. Chuck in a team in bad shape due to missing so many defenders, and it's hardly a surprise he didn't look all that.

Been a completely different animal after that.

• Like 2

Pukki should not be starting. Still recovering from covid. No pre season. 
Sargent should start Pukki on bench. 
Farkes loyalty to Pukki  is misplaced in todays game which is a free hit. 

• Like 1

Bit disappointed not to see any changes, let’s hope Farke is more willing to roll the dice sooner this game! Sargent and Idah both gave us something last game and I’m sure Tzolis will be itching to make an impression.

Hope Rupp plays well, I don’t think he played at all badly last week despite being under fire from a few on here. 

5 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Thought he played tidily last week. Not much point looking at the previous season as he was out of position for most of it, not to mention hadn't played for nearly a year before that due to a serious injury. Chuck in a team in bad shape due to missing so many defenders, and it's hardly a surprise he didn't look all that.

My thoughts exactly TGS 👍

If Sorenson isnt being brought into midfield (for Rupp) for this of all games we must assume that Farke just doesnt trust him in the holding midfield , ball winning role.

Even Man City see the importance of one i.e Rodri , and they're playing at home to us!

How we think we can play without one at this level is incredible/suicidal

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Ruup is a alright player. Nothing special, flashy or fancy but keeps his head down and get's on with it.  Do I think he's good enough to be a regular starter in the Prem? Not really. But I do think he's done anything wrong recently? No.

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

All this talk only for it to end up being the exact same team 😂

Would like to see tzolis come on as a sub. IF we're losing 😂😂

Brave choice, not panicked. With fitness returning the performance should improve. I would have preferred some more defensive players away to rhe champions but sometimes attack is the best way to defend. 

Makes sense. Pukki is proven and wont regain his matchday sharpness by sitting on the bench, if we are in for a hiding anyway may as well play him, plus its DF who has seen his guys train this past week not us.  Chopping and changing  matchday squads is not Daniel's way and guys like Sargent and Tzolis will get their full matchday starts when its time  to do so.

52 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Yes I thought he played alright. First half anyway

52 minutes ago, percy varco said:

Pukki should not be starting. Still recovering from covid. No pre season. 
Sargent should start Pukki on bench. 
Farkes loyalty to Pukki  is misplaced in todays game which is a free hit. 

I think he needs to get match fit though. That means playing. It might be more a question of when to sub him.