Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hairy

Absolute and utter disgrace......

21 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Had there ever been a Norwich and Ipswich half and half? 

I've got one. The first half is the first 4 letters of our name and the 2nd half is the last 3 letters of their name.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 13

I know it get's ridiculed a lot (especially so given the two teams involved here) but it's the nature of the industry these days. A fair few of the crowd will be day-trippers going to a one-off game as a tourist and will want a souvenir to remember the day by. 

No different from someone to the UK going to America on holiday and buying an equivalent piece of merchandise from an NFL or MLB game for instance.  

9 minutes ago, Bovril said:

I know it get's ridiculed a lot (especially so given the two teams involved here) but it's the nature of the industry these days. A fair few of the crowd will be day-trippers going to a one-off game as a tourist and will want a souvenir to remember the day by. 

No different from someone to the UK going to America on holiday and buying an equivalent piece of merchandise from an NFL or MLB game for instance.  

Yes but you buy the merchandise of the team whose stadium you visited. I watched a NY Mets game in Shea Stadium and a Washington Nationals game in Nationals Park and bought a baseball with NY Mets and Washington Nationals at each. I didn't buy something with both the home team and their opposition (Florida Marlins and Arizona Cardinals respectively), nor do I remember there being anything like that beyond the program.

49 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Had there ever been a Norwich and Ipswich half and half? 

Only in hell

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bovril said:

How do they get tickets though? Unless they pay through the nose to a tout.

14 minutes ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

Told the half and half salesman outside the Lower Barclay that I'd have one if he cut the red bit off!

I hope he was not on club land M'Lud ?

27 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Wouldn't have happened in your day, Hey Tilly? 

You'd have nicked him for foul and offensive merchandise! 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Bovril said:

Yep :That guy is definitely an ‘overseas Man U customer’.

Case in point,  I went to Germany in 2006 to watch Brazil v Australia with the Gf and we stayed with a local mate. Just wanted to be part of the World Cup situation, and that was the most interesting match available to me within my ‘buying consortium’. I got the dreaded half n half scarf as a souvenir & have no regrets and no shame! Sorry to all the offended socceroos fans round the world but at least I cheered their team on, as the under-dog in yellow.

I’ve even got England+X ones when watching qualifiers against Kazakhstan and so on at Wembley, again as a memento.

Having said that I would never get a Norwich one, especially in a competitive game.  That would feel much weirder for some reason. I wouldn’t want to associate another club alongside mine. 

2 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Yep :That guy is definitely an ‘overseas Man U customer’.

Case in point,  I went to Germany in 2006 to watch Brazil v Australia with the Gf and we stayed with a local mate. Just wanted to be part of the World Cup situation, and that was the most interesting match available to me within my ‘buying consortium’. I got the dreaded half n half scarf as a souvenir & have no regrets and no shame! Sorry to all the offended socceroos fans round the world but at least I cheered their team on, as the under-dog in yellow.

I’ve even got England+X ones when watching qualifiers against Kazakhstan and so on at Wembley, again as a memento.

Having said that I would never get a Norwich one, especially in a competitive game.  That would feel much weirder for some reason. I wouldn’t want to associate another club alongside mine. 

I’ll admit to doing the same, went to a Dortmund game a couple of years ago, got a halfy half scarf. Have to say it’s a nice souvenir and I wear it regularly in the winter. I do make sure the Dortmund part of the scarf is on show more though 😁

• Like 1

Bought a couple of football shirts for that reason, including a Germany and an Estonia national shirt, an IFK Mariehamn top, and a Legia Warsaw goalie kit. Nearly bought the Barcelona one until I had a nosebleed at the price. And hopefully I'll be back in the Faroe Islands next year, so will probably try and get that one.

Never ever had a tacky halfy halfy scarf, although I must confess I have purchased a few NCFC pin badges from the geezer that used to flog 'em just over the bridge (stadium side) although not seen him for a long time?.....Some good ones that seem better in design than club manufactured pin badges....Although my pride an' joy is the club official merchandise combined "poppy and club crest"......  

To be fair, i reckon most non-European fans think our club-centric tribalism is a bit weird. Americans and other nations tend to follow individual players and want to watch a good game over being a complete die hard for life supporter of one club whilst maintain a healthy hatred for the others like we tend to do. 

If the guy holding that flag is European then he lost a bet, otherwise he's probably just an over excited international fan at his first ever PL game to watch players like Pogba and Sanchez. Like I said weird to us, but thats just how they follow football. 

My partner had a Manure Norwich scarf, as she was a Utd fan when I met her. She now has a Norwich shirt and season ticket, so I just saw it as part of the weening process.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Even if you don’t like half and half scarfs, you have to admire the skill of making them. Have you tried gluing two scarfs together? Bloody impossible. I made a right mess and nearly stuck my hands together! 🤭

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

How do they get tickets though? Unless they pay through the nose to a tout.

I guess there’s some ballot system for these one-off glory hunters.  A couple of seasons ago after they’d stuffed us at their place I was queuing at the ticket machine in a car park at Salford Quays and the gloating lady in front (with half and half scarf) proudly announced that it was her first ever game and that she was in the country for two weeks on holiday from New Zealand.

16 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Wouldn't have happened in your day, Hey Tilly? 

You'd have nicked him for foul and offensive merchandise! 

No Greavsy GBH - Grevious Bloody Half & Half!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

One was stood outside the ticket office , on the corner of the River/South stands, after the game, selling them for a fiver. I guess that is Club land?