Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

All prem teams asked if they want their owners to remain..

Southampton surprises me there. Didn’t know they had problems with their owners, but I guess they’ve had a lot of outgoings without too many noticeable incomings. 

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Mike Ashley’s popular. 🤣

The yes votes are from Sports Direct employees that would be removed from their positions if they refused.

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Southampton surprises me there. Didn’t know they had problems with their owners, but I guess they’ve had a lot of outgoings without too many noticeable incomings. 

Heard somewhere that they want out and have turned off the money tap.

10 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Mike Ashley’s popular. 🤣

Up there as one of the most hated English owners along with people such as Owen Oyston at Blackpool.. Although thankfuly Blackpool did get rid of him so there is some hope I guess

Disappointed we are at 70% given the last few seasons, there’s a pretty significant amount of people who really think the grass is greener despite the massive gamble owner changes are.

50 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Their previous owner who seemed to be pretty generous with his funds died and his daughter clearly didn't share his interest so sold up to someone else who seems less involved.

36 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Heard somewhere that they want out and have turned off the money tap.

25 minutes ago, king canary said:

sold up to someone else who seems less involved.

I am totally down with that! particularly the timing . 

This must hurt our board to see this.  Morally we're doing things right, they've performed wonders here in the past few years, and yet because they're not billionaires with disposable income they don't even reach 75% support via a public survey.

Takes the **** if you ask me. 

Look down the road if you want to see what happens when you invite rich faceless investors into your club (Specifically Evans).  For the 30% not happy, Is that what they'd prefer to try?!

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 5

I'm not sure who they asked to get this info as I never saw anything and I'm sure most Norwich fans would expect this to be much higher that 70%. Aside of the lack of money I don't feel they've done much wrong in recent history

Tbf the scums new owners haven't been there long enough to be judged as yet.

If we go down this season I'd imagine there'd be a far higher percentage of our fans would want a change of owners.

As much as I like so much of what our owners do I'm on the fence. I wouldn't want them to sell to just anyone but if a new owner with money and a vision to take the club forward came along I would hope they stepped aside. 

This season feels make or break to me under this ownership. We will never come up from the Championship with a better team, manager or sporting director, if we can't manage to survive this time then I think we'll have found our ceiling and it all gets a bit boring and pointless if you know you can never achieve anything. Getting battered in the PL every week is just as bad as winning the Championship is good. If the prize every year is a pointless soiree into a league we cannot compete in to become a bit of a joke or whipping boys every season then what is the point in chasing that prize? Promotion then becomes less exciting and the longer we're in the Championship the less likely it becomes.

The only potential curveball here is if football finances implode and loads of other clubs end up in financial trouble and owners lose interest, then we'll be in prime position to take advantage. But I just can't see that happening any time soon.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well, the fans that is. Seems they did not ask Fred mind..

owners.jpg

Interesting that 3 of the bottom 6 are actually British owners, considering how much the small minded country folk on here are afraid of foreigners. 

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Up there as one of the most hated English owners along with people such as Owen Oyston at Blackpool.. Although thankfuly Blackpool did get rid of him so there is some hope I guess

The Oyston's have been out of Blackpool for ages now. 

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

... Did you read my comment? Hence the 'although Blackpool did get rid of him so there is hope' 

Not properly, to be fair, although think you'll find it was under Karl Oyston's stewardship that they were at their most most unhappy. 

50 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Interesting that 3 of the bottom 6 are actually British owners, considering how much the small minded country folk on here are afraid of foreigners. 

I really hope this doesn't mean that 30% of Norwich fans are anti-British brain dead City folk....

😉

2 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

As much as I like so much of what our owners do I'm on the fence. I wouldn't want them to sell to just anyone but if a new owner with money and a vision to take the club forward came along I would hope they stepped aside. 

All a rich person is adding to the club is a loan guarantor whilst in charge.  It's a very narrow minded, short-term approach that leaves you in debt as a club.  Look at the state of the very top clubs, it cannot continue, and the game will be ruined within a few years as they continually push for an elite league where they're guaranteed £££ per season, with no threat of relegation and a different set of tourists (Fans!?) on match day buying out the club shop.

We're doing things right, the game should be put straight and made less corrupt and true fair play restrictions are put in place.  But no, fans would rather dismiss their owners as they're not willing to put themselves/clubs into debt for the sake of a glorified season or two.

Put it this way, we're all ready at the point of being self-funded, that means to extend any more would require constant pumping of money from an external source and spending beyond our means.  Just because someone rich can guarantee loans doesn't mean we actually operate at a better profit margin... In fact, quite the opposite, we'd start haemorrhaging money.

If it's taken this long to get one sugar daddy, there won't be a second luckily walking past when we're in that state.

Edited by Google Bot

10 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I really hope this doesn't mean that 30% of Norwich fans are anti-British brain dead City folk....

😉

I'm happy with Delia for as long and hubby are willing and able, although I'm not convinced by the succession planning., I thought it was an interesting observation nonetheless. Can add Ipswich Town and Derby County to the list of clubs that have been grotesquely mismanaged by incompetent British owners. 

Sorry but I can't believe man city are so low!

Imagine we now got Man city style owners and the amazing investment into every aspect of the club and facilities and players and everything. How is that not in the high nineties?

18 hours ago, WD40 said:

The owner wants out.

We don't have last year's financial results, but they are bound to have lost at least a further 20+ million. Even before this, they were well over 100 million in debt including a debt of about 80 million, borrowed at 9 and quarter percent! It is secured against all the club's assets and has to be repaid in full in 2025.

We keep on hearing about how much better off every other club is, but the reality is that the money they have borrowed has to be paid back. Most owners don't just give the money, but charged interest on it! There are of course, a few "donor owners," who don't expect to get the money back, but most clubs have "investors" who want to make a profit!

Edited by Badger
Corrected mistake
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Mike Ashley’s popular. 🤣

The funny thing is, he is actually one of the more generous owners. As far as I know, he doesn't charge interest on the money he's lent the club, which is not the norm.

The problem is, the fans want him to lend the club even more money totally free of interest!

Edited by Badger
Added last sentence

5 hours ago, king canary said:

Their previous owner who seemed to be pretty generous with his funds died and his daughter clearly didn't share his interest so sold up to someone else who seems less involved.

You always say this KC, but have never substantiated it 😁.

He charged interest on the money he lent to the club.

2 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

This season feels make or break to me under this ownership. We will never come up from the Championship with a better team, manager or sporting director, if we can't manage to survive this time then I think we'll have found our ceiling and it all gets a bit boring and pointless if you know you can never achieve anything. Getting battered in the PL every week is just as bad as winning the Championship is good. If the prize every year is a pointless soiree into a league we cannot compete in to become a bit of a joke or whipping boys every season then what is the point in chasing that prize? Promotion then becomes less exciting and the longer we're in the Championship the less likely it becomes.

The only potential curveball here is if football finances implode and loads of other clubs end up in financial trouble and owners lose interest, then we'll be in prime position to take advantage. But I just can't see that happening any time soon.

1. They all come in with some money and a vision, it's what they do when the vision doesn't work!

2. I don't know if football finances will implode, but there are definitely signs that it is in decline. It's certainly not a good time to be highly geared!