Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahoop14

Lukas Rupp having a shot at goal

37 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Name something more pointless.

(Don’t say this thread)

He was shooting at goal was he?

To be fair to Rupp, its nice that at least 1 midfielder is brave enough to have a go, most just shift it out wide for a pointless cross to Pukki v 5 defenders.

I don't know if it's a thing but I would have shooting from outside the box in training everyweek

Considering we often are prone to trying to walk it in, someone who's willing to wind one up and crack one is nice to have. Besides, they could easily result in corners, deflections, etc.

Always remember, 100% of shots never taken are missed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

(Don’t say this thread)

Not shooting from outside the box at all, and then moan we don't shoot?

12 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

That would be pretty pointless, yes.

I don't know what the fulltime stats were as I didn't stick around to find out, but at halftime according to Sky we had only had 3 touches inside the opposition penalty area. If we aren't getting enough touches inside the box then we need someone who can shoot from long range-maybe it's not Rupp though-PLM has already shown that he has a decent shot, perhaps he should be the one instructed to shoot from long range. Maybe he was, but he never got the chance.

Despite this though, the correct answer to the question is:

This thread.

Only a joke folks, I fully support our players shooting from outside box of course, but I feel the same way when I see Rupp lining up to shoot as I did when Tettey used to. 

Hopefully that means there’s a 30 yard first time volley Rupp thunderbolt coming up at some point this season..

Edited by Hoolahoop14
  • Like 1

Just now, Hoolahoop14 said:

Only a joke folks, I fully support our players shooting from outside box of course, but I feel the same way when I see Rupp lining up to shoot as I did when Tettey used to. 

Hopefully that means there’s a 30 yard First time volley Rupp thunderbolt coming up at some point this season.

If it’s any consolation, I seem to remember Bradley Johnson having a similar poor reputation regarding shooting from range, apart from a shock winner for his previous club Leeds against Arsenal in the cup. But then he found his shooting boots for us one promotion season and all was forgotten. Bet Rupp scores against Man City now ; )

17 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Hopefully that means there’s a 30 yard first time volley Rupp thunderbolt coming up at some point this season..

To be fair, it's clearly not Rupp's strong suit. PLM, however, clearly does have that in his locker, so I expect him to trouble a few goalkeepers from distance this season!

No harm in having a go if well placed. Can't remember anyone grumbling when Safri tried it that one time... 😅

1 hour ago, Ward 3 said:

But is it more pointless than the title 

3 hours ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

(Don’t say this thread)

is he now you player to blame everything on  Hoolahoop

wondered how long until the new Andy hughes was picked by the forum

51 minutes ago, AJ said:

No harm in having a go if well placed. Can't remember anyone grumbling when Safri tried it that one time... 😅

well... someone who may or may not be me started to say why the hell is he shooting....

much to the amusement of all the people around me in the snakepit

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Paul101 said:

is he now you player to blame everything on  Hoolahoop

wondered how long until the new Andy hughes was picked by the forum

Not at all! I actually quite like Rupp, the bloke just just can’t hit a barn door.

Hopefully he’ll prove me wrong in spectacular fashion at some point this season and score a couple of belters.

2 hours ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Not at all! I actually quite like Rupp, the bloke just just can’t hit a barn door.

Hopefully he’ll prove me wrong in spectacular fashion at some point this season and score a couple of belters.

my son shares a similar view

which is kept pointing out during the game as the ball fell to him

What is 100% more pointless than this thread is fans of other clubs coming on here to wind us up. That always blows my mind.