Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

EFL Cup Tickets

There is nothing on the club website and out of interest i looked on the Bournemouth site and nothing there either.

As of 5 minutes ago still nothing on either clus's websites yet an hour ago ' Er Indoors got a generic message from catering asking staff to work on Tuesday 24th !

Are ST holders going to be able to buy a ticket for their usual seat as per other seasons? If so they're cutting it a bit fine.

Looks like the only way is to commit to buying your seat for every single home Cup game even though you're not sure if you can make it. Or have I understood that wrong?

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Are ST holders going to be able to buy a ticket for their usual seat as per other seasons? If so they're cutting it a bit fine.

Looks like the only way is to commit to buying your seat for every single home Cup game even though you're not sure if you can make it. Or have I understood that wrong?

They don't always open the upper tiers, so ST holders there have to wait for the ST sales to pass before they can buy from what's left. Need to factor that in too capt. 

8 hours ago, Myra Hawtree said:

Looks as if season ticket holders have until Monday to claim their seat so not much time for casuals to apply.

Yes. I can’t understand why they took so long to announce the details. Also why is it starting at 7 pm?

19 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Yes. I can’t understand why they took so long to announce the details. Also why is it starting at 7 pm?

Live on Sky red button? 

Grabbed my tickets this morning and saw that only row H available for non-season ticket holders. Feel it's a bit counterproductive giving GA/casuals only effectively a day to purchase what season ticket holders don't pick up, they should have given season ticket holders until end of the week or something but ah well, hopefully it'll be a good game of football anyway and a decent chance to see some of the new signings 

Our stadium is on my jog/run route.....Is the ticket office open so I can pop in and pay to get my ST zapped so I'm able to attend the Cup game?.....Or is there only online ticket purchases?.....

Got through online within about 2 minutes and paid my coffin dodger rate plus £1 web sales fee.

Has anyone been able to buy multiple tickets for this match?  When I log in, it has my season ticket in the basket, but there is no option to add another.  I have my father under friends and family, but it only gives me an option to change to him and buy my seat in his name, not add his season ticket as well?

On 17/08/2021 at 09:41, AJ said:

Grabbed my tickets this morning and saw that only row H available for non-season ticket holders. Feel it's a bit counterproductive giving GA/casuals only effectively a day to purchase what season ticket holders don't pick up, they should have given season ticket holders until end of the week or something but ah well, hopefully it'll be a good game of football anyway and a decent chance to see some of the new signings 

Totally agree with this. I don't actually want to use my ST seat, as I'm hoping to go with a few friends, plus my father-in-law who's never been to a game before. I'm sure there are other ST holders who'd be happy to get a ticket anywhere/somewhere near their ST seat. Seems bizarre to reserve 20,000+ of the seats until the day before the game, as it's not like it's going to sell out or anything.

I think this is just going to put more pressure on an already overburdened ticket office on Monday/Tuesday next week.

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Totally agree with this. I don't actually want to use my ST seat, as I'm hoping to go with a few friends, plus my father-in-law who's never been to a game before. I'm sure there are other ST holders who'd be happy to get a ticket anywhere/somewhere near their ST seat. Seems bizarre to reserve 20,000+ of the seats until the day before the game, as it's not like it's going to sell out or anything.

I think this is just going to put more pressure on an already overburdened ticket office on Monday/Tuesday next week.

As i said previously, all ST seats are reserved until a certain date, then once the club know the ST holder doesn't want them, they can sell to others, inc other ST's who want to sit elsewhere. the window for doing this for this match is very short. 

On 16/08/2021 at 20:02, Greavsy said:

They don't always open the upper tiers, so ST holders there have to wait for the ST sales to pass before they can buy from what's left

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

As i said previously, all ST seats are reserved until a certain date, then once the club know the ST holder doesn't want them, they can sell to others, inc other ST's who want to sit elsewhere. the window for doing this for this match is very short. 

Yes, I know all that. I just thought it was weird to give ST holders until the day before the match. Surely Thursday or even Friday would be sufficient? Even if the ST holder misses the window to reserve 'their' seat, they'll still be able to get a ticket elsewhere in the ground with no trouble.

• Like 3

This has been a massive balls up it really has.

Should have stuck with the tried and tested offer it to season ticket holders for two days, then members, then general public. So instead of selling a lot of tickets, which they would for the price they are offering and it being so close to the start of the season and a good test for new players who've not played a lot yet, they are making it exceedingly difficult to sell tickets - the majority of which are held until the day before the game!

When there are a lot of folks who travel quite a distance and need to make arrangements it is rather pants.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, chicken said:

Greavsy - the upper tiers are open to bookings... 

Agreed - and thanks Chicken. 

My comment was for matches, when they aren't. 

Cant do this one, as have a hospital appt, so if anyone wants me seat - feel free!  

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

And don't you just know that the system will not cope on Monday morning. Why oh why alter a system that has worked absolutely fine in previous years for the early rounds of this competition ?

Looks like the club have listened...

Season ticket holders now have until midnight on Thursday, August 19 to reserve and purchase their season ticket seat for this fixture. Season ticket holders should be aware that this deadline has been brought forward following the previously communicated deadline of 9am on Monday, August 23.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

Looks like the club have listened...

Season ticket holders now have until midnight on Thursday, August 19 to reserve and purchase their season ticket seat for this fixture. Season ticket holders should be aware that this deadline has been brought forward following the previously communicated deadline of 9am on Monday, August 23.

Thanks for the update SDP. 

Makes absolute sense. 

Another win for the pink un! 

Pete for OSP! 

Edited by Greavsy
  • Haha 1

Tickets now on General Sale to all parts of the grounds.

Having criticized the club for the prices for casual tickets for the Premier League games (£48 is ridiculous quite frankly for any normal league game), it's important to recognize when the club get it right the other way round.

£10 for an adult ticket, £1 for kids, means a family of 4 can get a decent nights entertainment for less than half the price of 1 x adult ticket for a normal league game (£48 vs. £22).

Should be a good chance to see some of the new signings (Tzolis) against a decent standard of opposition. Well done Norwich. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Just ordered tickets in the Barclay for myself and my daughter 👍

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Got our 13 tickets this morning too👍🙃

So it would appear that the ticket office / online ordering / telephones are functioning and no experiencing delays / people unable to get through. Thats good news following the comments previously. 

Hope you, Ken & Eddie (and famillies) enjoy! 

Just now, Greavsy said:

So it would appear that the ticket office / online ordering / telephones are functioning and no experiencing delays / people unable to get through. Thats good news following the comments previously. 

Hope you, Ken & Eddie (and famillies) enjoy! 

Yep, on my break, loaded up the site on  my phone straight in. Took about 1 minute 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bovril said:

Tickets now on General Sale to all parts of the grounds.

Having criticized the club for the prices for casual tickets for the Premier League games (£48 is ridiculous quite frankly for any normal league game), it's important to recognize when the club get it right the other way round.

£10 for an adult ticket, £1 for kids, means a family of 4 can get a decent nights entertainment for less than half the price of 1 x adult ticket for a normal league game (£48 vs. £22).

Should be a good chance to see some of the new signings (Tzolis) against a decent standard of opposition. Well done Norwich. 

That £48 gets...

1 Dodger

3 Adults

1 U21 

8 U18 

Happy days🙃

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

That £48 gets...

1 Dodger

3 Adults

1 U21