Wonder who is living in this house?! 

Not my finest hour, that thread! 😉

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Respect for admitting it my friend! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Ampadu will be more than £10m though. I can't see us breaking our transfer record yet again.

Hard to determine what his valuation is, but can’t see him being much more than that surely?

51 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Are we getting Kane and not Skipp then?🤔 Webber playing the bluff game perhaps?

I think we already have Kane, he's still in Grant Hanley's pocket🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

From a physical perspective City getting bullied in the middle of the park good example of what having strong midfielders can bring to your team

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

It’s disappointing but at least as supporters we can draw a line under it now. Fortunately I don’t think this will be news to Farke and Webber, and we’ve therefore probably been in talks with other players for some time now - the Rashica deal being a good example that such deals can take months to come to conclusion. Will be interesting to see if we get one in this week before Man City or whether it’ll go to the last week. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we make a bid for Ampadu from Chelsea, I have a sneaking suspicion he might be the one. 

Ampadu strikes me as the kind of young player that Farke could work with and develop

Edited by Van wink

12 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Hard to determine what his valuation is, but can’t see him being much more than that surely?

Indeed. £13.5m according to transfermarkt. Depends how much Chelsea want to sell, and he still has 2 years left on his contract. 

26 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

No harm done Wolfo, for a while it was all very intriguing.  He's settling into this game  though. 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

No harm done Wolfo, for a while it was all very intriguing.  He's settling into this game  though. 

Bullsh*t! He looks well out of his depth, he's been awful. Could definitely do with another year on loan. 😉

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Ampadu strikes me as the kind of young player that Farke could work with and develop

I like Ampadu as a player, but sadly for us (and @Alex Moss), I think I'm right in saying that you can't loan two players from the same EPL club, so it's a non-starter 😞

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

I like Ampadu as a player, but sadly for us (and @Alex Moss), I think I'm right in saying that you can't loan two players from the same EPL club, so it's a non-starter 😞

Oh ☹️

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

As I said on the transfer thread, Wolfie, I know the loan option is not an option so it would have to be a permanent : ) - question is, do we have the readies?

• Like 1

Skipp celebrating that goal with Son was the first time in the game I'd noticed he was on the pitch 😂

Although that's kind of his game I suppose, Grealish however.... Has he even touched the ball??? 

27 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Indeed. £13.5m according to transfermarkt. Depends how much Chelsea want to sell, and he still has 2 years left on his contract. 

Yep, when you look at what’s ahead of him at Chelsea, it would be surprising if they weren’t willing to sell though. For how much is the multi million dollar question I guess - and do we have that spare cash another. And although I obviously don’t know, I just get the impression he’s a Farke/Webber style signing, looks in the mould for age and potential etc

• Like 1

Just now, Alex Moss said:

Yep, when you look at what’s ahead of him at Chelsea, it would be surprising if they weren’t willing to sell though. For how much is the multi million dollar question I guess - and do we have that spare cash another. And although I obviously don’t know, I just get the impression he’s a Farke/Webber style signing, looks in the mould for age and potential etc

Would be an absolutely stellar signing, that's for sure!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Skipp celebrating that goal with Son was the first time in the game I'd noticed he was on the pitch 😂

Although that's kind of his game I suppose, Grealish however.... Has he even touched the ball??? 

Grealish is one of those players that looks good on the ball, but I question whether he’s not just a tad slightly overrated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Grealish is one of those players that looks good on the ball, but I question whether he’s not just a tad slightly overrated.

Grealish keeps getting "fouled"

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Possibly, ironically though got a text off a Villa mate yesterday that simply said "Buendia, waste of ****ing money"... 😂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Possibly, ironically though got a text off a Villa mate yesterday that simply said "Buendia, waste of ****ing money"... 😂

Make sure you save that text so you can show him it again in 3 months time lol

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

You honestly didn't need a source to know that he wasn't coming back. Thanks though.

Some people did and they still didn't believe it.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Is there any worse feeling than getting an amazing player in who is everything you need at your club only to then remember that he's only on loan here and once he leaves he's never coming back?

😢

I'm convinced that this will be known as "gilmour syndrome" next year.

• Haha 2

Just now, norfolkbroadslim said:

Does anyone else think we need not 1, but 2 defensive midfielders (plus a centre back) to stay up?

Not really. A) we couldn't afford it as we couldn't play them together and B) if we did then out whole system would collapse and we would go down with about 3 goals in the 'for' column.