Sign in to follow this  
Robert N. LiM

Greeno

A thought for Greeno. His failure to get a move in the window means his World Cup hopes are gone, he must be pretty fed up with the way things have worked out for him - a year and a half ago people were talking about The Devil Rowdies and Arsenal coming in for him, now Portsmouth don''t even want him. Yet it sounds like he was one of the few who came out of Sunday with any credit. He''s been a top bloke for this club and I wouldn''t have begrudged him a move. Now it looks like he''s determined to make the best of it. Good for him, and hang your head in shame, Damo.

Greeno is not the same player he was a few seasons ago, this is more the fault of the goalkeeping ‘coach’ rather than him.  Its like everything at the moment, the skill that individual players have is slowly sucked out, so that they conform with worthy’s tactics (long ball and a target man)!! 

That brings me swiftly to another point, the club must not get rid of worthy alone, it must kick out the entire management/coaching team.  We need a fresh start, meaning fresh new faces at the helm.  It will take courage to boot the lot out, but half hearted solutions (sacking the manager alone) just bring half hearted results.

Delia and the board need to take a good look at fans opinion; if they continue their current course then it won’t just be worthy that fans want out.

In my opinion Greeno, great bloke that he is, hasnt improved at all in 4 years. I think canary fans rate him higher than he sometimes deserves. I know all players are prone to the occasional blunder and goalkeepers blunders tend to lead to a goal being conceded, but IMHO greeno is STILL suspect at crosses, STILL suspect at gaol kicks and distribution, STILL doesnt command his area as well as he should.

I wish we had sold him when we had the chance, for his england future and for his sake as much as ours. He aint going anywhere with us, and we aint going anywhere but backwards. We already have two dectn other keepers and so I would rather worthy taken the monety for greeno and get in a decent midfielder to help out safri ( something with a little more class than etuhu or "hooze!")