Crabbycanary3

The homophobic chant at Billy Gilmour

Can’t see how it would be by us. Wouldn’t be surprised if it came from the Liverpool fans, especially when he’s on loan to us from one of their PL rivals 

It came across audibly on the TV early in the second half when Liverpool had that succession of throws in front of their own fans.

I thought at the time that they'd probably be in trouble for that, because that chant is a complete no-no nowadays.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

8 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I thought at the time that they'd probably be in trouble for that, because that chant is a complete no-no nowadays.

It's those jolly jovial Scousers we are talking about you know so nothing will happen.

32 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No idea - couldn’t tell you what the scouse tosspots were singing, I heard sod all from them until they scored.  

Embarrassing wasn't it?

Just now, Well b back said:

A little bit more here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58220000

I see the Leeds scum made a name for themselves to. Where as Brentford fans stood and applauded Saka when Sancho was put on against Leeds their fans sang a song about him and Rashford letting the country down, o well.

There were some d***head Norwich fans chanting that (letting the country doen) on the way to the ground, after booing a man handing out pamphlets about racism.

Absolute *****

6 minutes ago, Well b back said:

A little bit more here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58220000

I see the Leeds scum made a name for themselves to. Where as Brentford fans stood and applauded Saka when Sancho was put on against Leeds their fans sang a song about him and Rashford letting the country down, o well.

Yup, Leeds were chanting 'Rashford and Saka you let your country down!"

Although given they are such bitter hatred rivals I'm sure it has more to do with that than anything

Been discussing this chant about Gilmour, and it's been suggested Norwich fans chanted about Hillsborough during the first half. 

Not going to repeat the chant on here, but personally I heard neither. Did anyone hear the Norwich fans chant anything like that. (I must admit whilst I was aware of the chant previously but not that it was directly about Hillsborough, I thought it was just a general comment about scousers). 

I heard neither, certainly nothing anti Liverpool…but of course Liverpool will always make themselves the victim, it’s what they do best.

That’s certainly not intended as a slight on anyone who suffered at Hillsborough, it’s a general observation about the whole city and it’s attitude. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

For me it’s a fair statement about the place and had/has nothing to do with Hillsborough, but I didn’t hear the chant anyway.

You may glean that I’m not a huge fan of the city and its self-styled ‘best supporters in the world’!

Edited by Branston Pickle

8 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

For me it’s a fair statement about the place and had/has nothing to do with Hillsborough, but I didn’t hear the chant anyway.

You may glean that I’m not a huge fan of the city and its self-styled ‘best supporters in the world’!

My thoughts entirely. Couldn't agree more. 

43 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

The "Always the victims" chant was started by Man Utd fans after Liverpool stood by Luis Suarez over the racism incident with Patrice Evra.

2 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

The "Always the victims" chant was started by Man Utd fans after Liverpool stood by Luis Suarez over the racism incident with Patrice Evra.

According to google it is to do with Hillsborough. 

But it is a better fit than that imho. 

Edited by Greavsy

According to some Scousers, Heysel was just bad bricklaying.

Not all are bad, not all are friendly, some are downright thieving cnuts. But that goes for most clubs I suppose. Just Liverpool seem to export most of theirs.

Almost every fanbase have sung Chelsea rent boy, Chelsea rent boy,  for years.  I don't get why its an issue now like this is something new. 

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Almost every fanbase have sung Chelsea rent boy, Chelsea rent boy,  for years.  I don't get why its an issue now like this is something new. 

It's always been an issue, and remains an issue. There is absolutely no justification for homophobic abuse and any fan found guilty of making such chants deserves to be banned from attending matches.

• Like 2

Just point an 8K 60 fps camera at the stands and see whose mouth is moving in sync with the chant. 

Then crowdsource their identities by posting the worst offenders in FB and Twitter, after forcing Liverpool to play for empty stands. This could be expanded to all clubs.

I guarantee there will not be a squeak out of even the most degenerate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Been discussing this chant about Gilmour, and it's been suggested Norwich fans chanted about Hillsborough during the first half. 

Not going to repeat the chant on here, but personally I heard neither. Did anyone hear the Norwich fans chant anything like that. (I must admit whilst I was aware of the chant previously but not that it was directly about Hillsborough, I thought it was just a general comment about scousers). 

I didn't hear any Hillsborough chants, but the Liverpool chants to Gilmour were clear as day. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Apparently Leeds fans chanting about Rashford and Sancho letting their country down was racist too.

It obviously was.

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

It obviously was.

We need to be careful about suggesting that, I'm not saying on this occasion it wasn't sung at them purely because they are black and that Kane for example wouldn't have got the same treatment, but we have to make sure if we're critisicing racist behaviour that it actually is. I remember that chant being widely sung at Gareth Southgate and David Beckham in the past.