Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Advertising hoarding

Anyone else couldn't help noticing the very annoying flashing on the electronic advertising hoarding round the side of the pitch today? 

I thought it was cameras flashing at first but then once I realised it was one of the electronic adverts I couldn't stop noticing it. Was driving me mad, can't see how this doesn't impact players. 

The ironic thing is, I can't even remember what it was advertising!! 

• Thanks 1

Agreed. it went from a black advert to a very bright white and flashed, 

I had much the same thought as you. im in an upper tier too - so it should be less visually intrusive  to me. 

First saw them when the free kick was about to be taken. Actually thought it was lightening for a brief second.

Surprised it was allowed (and even more surprised if it is repeated another game)

Yes, I will also be surprised if we see it again, seemed way too intrusive for me. Imagine that going off as you stepped up to take a penalty. 

Was surprising to see and did make me think WTF was that! It was a little bit “strobey” too. Would have come with a warning and a helpline on TV

9 hours ago, priceyrice said:

Yes, I will also be surprised if we see it again, seemed way too intrusive for me. Imagine that going off as you stepped up to take a penalty. 

We probably won't have to worry about that. 🙃

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, priceyrice said:

Anyone else couldn't help noticing the very annoying flashing on the electronic advertising hoarding round the side of the pitch today? 

I thought it was cameras flashing at first but then once I realised it was one of the electronic adverts I couldn't stop noticing it. Was driving me mad, can't see how this doesn't impact players. 

It was saying we need a CDM 

14 hours ago, priceyrice said:

Yes I noticed it, it was actually flashing up 'Goal', so I'm guessing it was an error somewhere in the programming of the adverts.

23 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

Yes I noticed it, it was actually flashing up 'Goal', so I'm guessing it was an error somewhere in the programming of the adverts.

Didn't notice it say goal at all. But the flashing black and white advert I saw a few times.... 

Going to see if I can spot It on motd later.