Haven’t seen a thread dedicated to him so thought I’d make one, thought he was immense today, definitely the standout performer. So sharp in possession, several times skipping past players and nearly always finding a yellow shirt, as well as having such an engine on him tracking back, he seemed to win nearly all of his 50/50 battles. The guy has just got better and better since signing and he looks like he’ll be a real asset for us this season. 👍

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Haven’t seen a thread dedicated to him so thought I’d make one, thought he was immense today, definitely the standout performer. So sharp in possession, several times skipping past players and nearly always finding a yellow shirt, as well as having such an engine on him tracking back, he seemed to win nearly all of his 50/50 battles. The guy has just got better and better since signing and he looks like he’ll be a real asset for us this season. 👍

Agreed, love seeing him on the ball today. He is class and certainly we will see better from him as this season progresses

Just now, Yellow Green Army said:

Thought he was our MOTM by a country mile.

Yup.  Not at all sure about Paddy’s post match comments about him - for me he was better defensively today, up against Salah, than Max was.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Yup.  Not at all sure about Paddy’s post match comments about him - for me he was better defensively today, up against Salah, than Max was.

I was surprised he didn't get MoM - he added a bit towards the end of the game (like pretty much everyone else did) but I thought he looked sheer class defensively and going forward.

Gives us a really good balance too.

His energy is incredible. Lewis was said to have exceptional stamina as a result of being one of the country's top 800m runners in his age bracket when he was 14/15, but Giannoulis seems to have an even better engine. He can still get caught out defensively from time to time, but he's the prototype of a modern Premier League full back.

Fully agreed MoM , he looked strong on the ball and once he re-clicks with Raschica it will be a ruthless left flank, just hope we have some players in the box to score😳

He was certainly very good today. Salahs goal aside he had him covered pretty well. Also a worthy mention to Lees Melou, he seems to have some tekkers and gets his foot in.

Looking forward to a decent season otbc

Very impressive. His best game in a Canary Shirt. Our MOM by a comfortable margin.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Yes I was surprised by Paddy’s comments too - I thought him and Maxi were immense today ...

• Like 1

Max played poorly  defensively today, reminiscent of the last season in the EPL.  And the MOTD analysis of their second, well there is no excuse for his "wandering" back like that at this level.  I hope he hasn't lost his focus with the transfer talk, more games like that and he will be struggling to keep his Norwich place.  

Just now, shefcanary said:

Max played poorly  defensively today, reminiscent of the last season in the EPL.  And the MOTD analysis of their second, well there is no excuse for his "wandering" back like that at this level.  I hope he hasn't lost his focus with the transfer talk, more games like that and he will be struggling to keep his Norwich place.  

Definitely Max's poorest game for a long time, his crossing was terrible. Hopefully just a one off. 

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Definitely Max's poorest game for a long time, his crossing was terrible. Hopefully just a one off. 

he had no cover.

Utterly dreadful for their second - he was totally nowhere.  Pretty sure Gibson had a good go at him, and quite rightly so. He’s a defender so it’s a good idea if he gets back and defends rather than leaving a Brazilian international all alone in the area..

Edited by Branston Pickle

Utterly dreadful for their second - he was totally nowhere.  Pretty sure Gibson had a good go at him, and quite rightly so. He’s a defender so it’s a good idea if he gets back and defends rather than leaving a Brazilian international all alone in the area..

That goal was scored from near the penalty spot - that’s not Gianoulis” area for defending!! If Hanley and Gibson are drawn out of position that area should be for BG or PLM to mop up. 
Dimi was outstanding tonight - mostly got the better of Salah - a real positive 👍🏼

Pretty sure Branston was talking about Aarons not covering for their second goal, not Giannoulis.

Thought Giannoulis had a great game and although there were a couple of times he got in a bit of trouble in the corner he really got up and down the pitch and largely had the best of his matchups.

• Like 1

He played very well.

Just a shame Rashica didn't protect him a bit better for the first goal. TAA should not have been given the freedom of our left flank to cross the ball at will. Hopefully Rashica will learn though.

4 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Thought he was our MOTM by a country mile.

Everyone agrees with you including DF - except Paddy - here is an excerpt of what he said:

"Plus those defensive concerns around Dimi Giannoulis persist, for all his attacking thrust. As Farke said on Friday, there is work still to do."

Was Paddy actually at the match or was he using some sort of wordsmithing software that developed a virus?