Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Fred

What a shambles

The ticket office has 1 thing to do and 20 months to get the ticketing right.

the amount of supporters season tickets that didn’t work and had to queue at the ticket office to sort out their cards that were not working 

5 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

the amount of supporters season tickets that didn’t work and had to queue at the ticket office to sort out their cards that were not working 

Were you impressed with the performance though? 

The bigger issue was the queues generally - never seen it like that, and with turnstiles not open for what is due to be a capacity crowd. Not great, and I have huge concerns how they’ll cope if they are having to do covid checks.

Never seen Carrow Road like that before. The queues outside the lower Barclay hotel end were ridiculous! Also why have they changed the ticket scanners so you don't have to put the card in? No communication and I saw loads of people trying the "old" way and it not working. Would have been nice if they had told us we needed to scan our cards differently!

34 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

The bigger issue was the queues generally - never seen it like that, and with turnstiles not open for what is due to be a capacity crowd. Not great, and I have huge concerns how they’ll cope if they are having to do covid checks.

I've just commented on this on another thread.

It was an absolute effing shambles at the start. Why weren't all turnstiles open? Caused unnecessary queues and people getting bunched up when no need,

If they start covid checks we'll need to be there at about mid-day!

New ticketing entry system that, to be fair, couldn't be tested properly until the first game back. Everyone got in on time so nothing to panic about and I'm sure things will improve quickly. 

The club did ask fans to get there early so they must have been expecting teethng problems. 

Edited by Sideshow Tim

I think Nodge might have a bit of a staffing crisis, it looked rushed but it’s first game back. Hopefully it gets better.

51 minutes ago, Sideshow Tim said:

New ticketing entry system that, to be fair, couldn't be tested properly until the first game back. Everyone got in on time so nothing to panic about and I'm sure things will improve quickly. 

The club did ask fans to get there early so they must have been expecting tweeting problems. 

It was a shambles. And plenty did get in late, I know someone who gave up and went home. Pretty disgraceful, not what you expect in the PL.

It gives me very little faith that they will manage in any way once we’re into covid checking territory. Queuing on a warm summer afternoon  is one thing, standing around unnecessarily waiting in cold and rain is another. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

Was it a different ticketing system? Seemed exactly the same as previously

We only had 2 out of 3 turnstiles open at our entrance and we queued for about 20 minutes with no stewarding and no organisation. Plenty of people milling around unsure which queue was which and just shuffling towards the turnstiles.

As others have said if they are going to start checking vaccine passports or doing temperature checks our whatever they will need to be a lot better organised than they were today.

No explanation as to why not all turnstiles were open - surely they weren't short staffed as it's not like they didn't have enough time to recruit sufficient match day staff.

Hundreds were late getting in.

We arrived 45 minutes before the game and got in 10 minutes after kickoff. That's nearly an hour to get in when it normally takes 5 minutes. There was only one of four turnstiles open, causing a huge crush outside. Hundreds of fans jam packed together is exactly the opposite of what should have been happening. Disgraceful in a deadly pandemic. 

I strongly advise people write to the club to complain. This should never happen again.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/Contact-Us/complaint/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sideshow Tim said:

The club did ask fans to get there early so they must have been expecting teethng problems. 

You clearly weren’t at the game there were hundreds and hundreds who got in late 

I arrived at 4.20 by the time I got my ticket situation and got in it was past 5.10 

Edited by Uncle Fred

5 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

You clearly weren’t at the game there were hundreds and hundreds who got in late 

I arrived at 4.20 by the time I got my ticket situation and got in it was past 5.10 

Actually, yes I was at the game, season ticket holder for 17 years thank you. There were hardly any empty seats when the game started.

I was in the ground by 5.10, after queuing for about 20 mins....because I listened to the clubs request to arrive early. 

9 hours ago, Ian said:

Was it a different ticketing system? Seemed exactly the same as previously

That was what a head steward told me when I went through the turnstile. 

1 hour ago, Sideshow Tim said:

Actually, yes I was at the game, season ticket holder for 17 years thank you. There were hardly any empty seats when the game started.

I was in the ground by 5.10, after queuing for about 20 mins....because I listened to the clubs request to arrive early. 

Arrived at 5 myself and didn't get in until 10 minutes after kick off. A whole load of fans behind me in the queue ran round to the other end of the Barclay so that they could come through the bar and get to their seats that way.

It was a shambles and one of the stewards told us that the fault was down to the new way of scanning season tickets not working correctly. 

They might be new scanners as you now have to put your card on top the reader rather than in it.

Using new readers with years old cards might in itself cause issues. However, leaving turnstiles closed and the impact that could have caused is pretty diabolical in the current environment.

It was ok yesterday as at the time fans were in good spirits but if it continues it will impact on atmosphere in the ground.

Edited by Capt. Pants

1 hour ago, Sideshow Tim said:

You do understand it isn’t just about time, don’t you?  We got in at 5:15, but it is more about the disorganised nature of the whole thing that’s the problem.  Half the turnstiles not open for a capacity game, no one knew which queue was which, there was next to no stewarding, no control…it’s just as well we are/were good-natured and the match wasn’t a local derby/crunch game as could easily not have been the same.  

Incidentally, they were doing the usual pre-game stuff for youngsters over at Carrow Park - I imagine anyone giving that a look would never have got in before kick-off.

Something was not right yesterday and needs to be sorted by the Leicester game.

Can I just make it clear that I am not supporting the club, it was a shambles and I wasn't aware that so many missed the start of the game. 

I have not witnessed anything quite like it in all my years of supporting the club. 

But a new scanning system will only be tested properly at the first time of use and unfortunately it didn't work. 

Let's hope things improve pretty quickly. 

Don’t get me wrong - It’s not a supporting/not supporting the club thing for me, I don’t think it’s something to bash the club about - it’s simply something that wasn’t right and needs to be sorted; if it isn’t sorted then bash away!

30 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

They might be new scanners as you now have to put your card on top the reader rather than in it.

Using new readers with years old cards might in itself cause issues. However, leaving turnstiles closed and the impact that could have caused is pretty diabolical in the current environment.

It was ok yesterday as at the time fans were in good spirits but if it continues it will impact on atmosphere in the ground.

Well I put my ticket in the old way and it worked perfectly. Much to the surprise of the steward!!Why they've changed the process is anyones guess.

On 15/08/2021 at 08:31, Sideshow Tim said:
On 15/08/2021 at 02:47, Uncle Fred said:

past 5.10 

Actually, yes I was at the game, season ticket holder for 17 years thank you.

I love these answers from our fans. Always have to state how long you've been a ST holder for 🤣, that's nearly as embarrassing as yesterday's performance a d result. 

On 14/08/2021 at 20:34, Uncle Fred said:

Is it any surprise? Who is actually running the non-football side of the club now? There is no McNasty, no boy Stone, no Kemsell. The exec board now only has Mr & Mrs W.