Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

01603 611311 is the number you all need

Very disappointing today, to lose to deflection and a hand ball sums up the luck we''ve been having all season.

What is also disapointing is that instead of joining the 150 passionate supporters (whom I applaud for thier passion) most of you rushed home to post on here. Now I can understand not going all the way to Sheringham but the most vociferous WO poster on here couldn''t be bothered to walk round the ground to see if there was a protest, most of you seem to ''talk the talk'' but are not prepared to ''walk the walk''. If you want change then you should be prepared to protest, you lot just want to type.

Me, I''m still going to give the manager time, because I believe he''s earnt it.

[quote user="A load of squit"]

Very disappointing today, to lose to deflection and a hand ball sums up the luck we''ve been having all season.

What is also disapointing is that instead of joining the 150 passionate supporters (whom I applaud for thier passion) most of you rushed home to post on here. Now I can understand not going all the way to Sheringham but the most vociferous WO poster on here couldn''t be bothered to walk round the ground to see if there was a protest, most of you seem to ''talk the talk'' but are not prepared to ''walk the walk''. If you want change then you should be prepared to protest, you lot just want to type.

Me, I''m still going to give the manager time, because I believe he''s earnt it[/quote]

What a load of old squit.

How much time do you want, Squit? And he hasn''t earned it; he''s got no God-given right to stay here and do such an appalling job. We were abysmal today and Worthington must go now. As I''ve said before, you have not played at a decent level and you clearly know nothing about the game. 

Paul, I feel the need to ask you some questions.

Why do you ask for my opinion when you know you''re not going to like it, are some kind of masochist?

Why couldn''t you walk 200 yards to protest when you post all the time about how you want a change of manager?

Why when you are losing an argument do you just revert to silly name calling, surely not the actions of a university educated person?

Look deep into your soul, do you really enjoy Norwich losing because it seems that way to me, do you start composing these posts in your head on the way home?

The only lucky thing about today LOS was the margin of defeat, yes the first goal was deflected and yes the second goal was punched in but to be honest Ippo could have scored more than the two they did. We were played off the park by Ippo, just like the during first half the last time we played them, the only difference this time was that Ippo were made up of journeymen and kids and we lost 2-1 (rather than winning 3-1 against a much better side), to me that shows just how far we have gone backwards over the last year or so, we are a pale imitation of the side that stormed to the Championship title. We were absolutely clueless, maybe we should practice set pieces and passing and moving in training rather than running around a lot.

gla du find me passionate about Worthy out Squit...

i stood there for nearly 2 hours making my feelings known.. i was cold, i was hungry and i wanted a drink but i kept it up.... I do wish some of those walking past chanting "worthy out" had stayed.. we could of had a good 1000 there then

jas :)

I guess that''s the number for the Samaritans, going on your humour from the past Squit

You maybe pleased to know that Meeky and myself, along with 150 or so (seemed well over 200 to me) stood outside the City Stand for over an hour and a half.  You might applaud us for our passion, and passion (or the lack of it) is only a mere symptom of the reason I chose to make my feelings known to the board in person outside the ground.

We witnessed another completely unacceptable performance, and today it seemed from our strongest team, no injuries or excuses Nigel?  I expect there will be many in the weeks ahead.

It wasn''t bad luck which meant we lost. It was the complete lack of tactical thinking and passion - it was our best team (who is injured now?) out there against a team so depleted a few years ago they now have a team full of youth players.  Good for them, they showed us how to play proper passing football, were up for the win and deserved to win.  We were second to the ball, had (as usual) no midfield of note, noone wanted the ball. 

We, the fans, deserve more than this.  I feel truly sorry for those fans who travelled a long way for such a game.  During the protest I looked around and saw old faces, some people I hadn''t seen for a long, long time, and in the circumstances wouldn''t want to see again. 

It''s time for those in charge of our club to see the writing on the wall - for the good of the club Worthington and his coaches must go.  And now.

What "a load of old squit" you are talking!

Did you actually goto CW and watch the game or were u down the local park watching to sunday league pub sides playing in the same colours?

The only time NW has earnt is the time it takes him to clear his desk![:P]

What is also disapointing is that instead of joining the 150 passionate

supporters (whom I applaud for thier passion) most of you rushed home

to post on here....

If you want change then you should be prepared to protest, you lot just want to type.

[/quote]

And yet you are so passionate in your support of Nigel Worthington that

you didn''t rush around to confront the protestors to tell them how

wrong they are, and express what a great job Nigel is doing. Instead

you just want to type.  See, your rather weak argument works both

ways.

Fans have the right  to express themselves however they choose. We know the message boards

have an impact because there has been plenty of references to them from

Worthy, the board, and even Waghorn. Who would, it would seem, like us

all to pipe down. And clearly so would you, you little squit. Well

tough luck. This board is for debate, and expressing different opinions. Get used to it.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"][quote user="A load of squit"]

What is also disapointing is that instead of joining the 150 passionate supporters (whom I applaud for thier passion) most of you rushed home to post on here....

If you want change then you should be prepared to protest, you lot just want to type.

[/quote]

And yet you are so passionate in your support of Nigel Worthington that you didn''t rush around to confront the protestors to tell them how wrong they are, and express what a great job Nigel is doing. Instead you just want to type.  See, your rather weak argument works both ways.

Fans have the right  to express themselves however they choose. We know the message boards have an impact because there has been plenty of references to them from Worthy, the board, and even Waghorn. Who would, it would seem, like us all to pipe down. And clearly so would you, you little squit. Well tough luck. This board is for debate, and expressing different opinions. Get used to it.
[/quote]

So you didn''t protest then, its not my weak argument its your inability to read properly thats weak. I said if you want change then you should protest, I''ve never been on or seen a protest that didn''t want change. I don''t want you to ''pipe down'' I want you to show the passion that the other 150 to 200 (you were there Gazza so I''ll give you the extra 50) were prepared to do, as I said ''walk the walk''.

What is also disapointing is that instead of joining the 150 passionate supporters (whom I applaud for thier passion) most of you rushed home to post on here....

[/quote]

And yet you are so passionate in your support of Nigel Worthington that you didn''t rush around to confront the protestors to tell them how wrong they are, and express what a great job Nigel is doing. Instead you just want to type.  See, your rather weak argument works both ways.

Fans have the right  to express themselves however they choose. We know the message boards have an impact because there has been plenty of references to them from Worthy, the board, and even Waghorn. Who would, it would seem, like us all to pipe down. And clearly so would you, you little squit. Well tough luck. This board is for debate, and expressing different opinions. Get used to it.
[/quote]

So you didn''t protest then, its not my weak argument its your inability to read properly thats weak. I said if you want change then you should protest, I''ve never been on or seen a protest that didn''t want change. I don''t want you to ''pipe down'' I want you to show the passion that the other 150 to 200 (you were there Gazza so I''ll give you the extra 50) were prepared to do, as I said ''walk the walk''.

[/quote]

Many people beleive (me included) that it was the wrong time to protest in front of our freinds from suffolk. The disgraceful performance on teh pitch was bad enough, let alone letting them watch norwich implode. The protests start NOW.

Squit, that match was unacceptable rubbish and we got the result we deserved. I do, however agree 100% with your point that if people want a change of management enough, they should take the trouble to stay behind for half an hour or so after games and make their voices heard, loud and clear. I was not at the match yesterday as I watched it on TV, but I can assure you that the next game I see that''s as bad as that I shall be joining the demo. If we want Worthy out, and I think at least half the supporters do, then we need to see a couple of thousand people demonstrating, not just a couple of hundred. Demonstrate in numbers and then the board just might listen.

Paul

Believe me, scummers or no scummers, nothing was going to stop me, and obviously many others, from protesting against the rot which has set in well and truly.  I have felt like this all season, it''s not just some knee jerk reaction from losing to the scum.  What we saw yesterday was a complete no show (again) and lack of passion from our team. We were playing our local rivals for god''s sake, and our coaches had not prepared our team for it.  Worthy is in the press quoted as saying they can pass okay on the training field, but freeze during a match.  I wonder why that is, maybe they have no confidence in themselves and each other (something a manager should solve)... It was just too much to bear, given what we have already witnessed this season, and after the crap at Reading....

On the other hand we saw a young Ipswich side, despite their financial problems, showing us how to play football.  Good for them, they deserved to win, yes their winning goal should have been disallowed, but their spirit, team efforts and their football made them worthy winners.  If only our team showed such spirit and technique.  We are now a complete joke on and off the field and that is why I chose to protest.

Worthy Out rang around the ground from their second goal.  It was heard in the Snakepit, Barclay and notably from the family areas in the South Stand and River End.  The protest (150 reported, but many more, trust me) consisted of young and old, men and women. 

No scummers really, unless you count the team bus, watching them get on it and asking them to take Worthy away with them.  Also, Paul, you will be pleased to know that a Worthy Out sticker is now resident in Ipswich, proudly displayed on their bus. 

Am I the only person who finds the title of this thread wholly irresponsible.

I hope the volunteers at The Samaritans have not suffered wasted calls due to their number being put up on here or missed a call from someone who actually needed their support.

Oh! I suppose most of us are responsible people who can see through the theme; a bit like responsible protesters you can always account for the behaviour of your associates, can''t you?

I think Archant should phone The Samaritans themselves, find out if this thread has caused any problems and apologise or give a donation.

We are not talking about the ultimately irrelevant world of football here, and if that isn''t your bottom line then you are truly sad, we are talking about the very real world where things do matter.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

Paul

Believe me, scummers or no scummers, nothing was going to stop me, and obviously many others, from protesting against the rot which has set in well and truly.  I have felt like this all season, it''s not just some knee jerk reaction from losing to the scum.  What we saw yesterday was a complete no show (again) and lack of passion from our team. We were playing our local rivals for god''s sake, and our coaches had not prepared our team for it.  Worthy is in the press quoted as saying they can pass okay on the training field, but freeze during a match.  I wonder why that is, maybe they have no confidence in themselves and each other (something a manager should solve)... It was just too much to bear, given what we have already witnessed this season, and after the crap at Reading....

On the other hand we saw a young Ipswich side, despite their financial problems, showing us how to play football.  Good for them, they deserved to win, yes their winning goal should have been disallowed, but their spirit, team efforts and their football made them worthy winners.  If only our team showed such spirit and technique.  We are now a complete joke on and off the field and that is why I chose to protest.

Worthy Out rang around the ground from their second goal.  It was heard in the Snakepit, Barclay and notably from the family areas in the South Stand and River End.  The protest (150 reported, but many more, trust me) consisted of young and old, men and women. 

No scummers really, unless you count the team bus, watching them get on it and asking them to take Worthy away with them.  Also, Paul, you will be pleased to know that a Worthy Out sticker is now resident in Ipswich, proudly displayed on their bus. 

[/quote]

Hi Gazza, how can I get a car sticker?? Does Meekey have some??

im guessing meeky was the chap who gave me the worthy out sticker...

I was the one who was leading alot of the chants, with the "francis 20" shirt on im afraid to say :|

I was pleased personally with the turnout at the protest.. lets not forget the Worthy out chants during the game aswell... i really do feel tht we the boards hand is turning, they are starting to take notice now and i feel that time will tell....

Next protests should be at the back of the Jarrold stand.. then they cant ignore us!

Yes we were outplayed yesterday and actually I would be happy to see Worthington on his way but the vast majority of you have conveniently ignored the main point of LOS''s original post. He is just saying that most people are all talk and no action, which is self evident from the timing of most of yesterdays posts. Yes, I think he seems to have a very yellow and green tinted recollection of the game and I do think that we should be looking for a new way forward, but he definitely has a point in that most people seem more willing to direct their anger at him rather than putting effort into organising any sort of proper protest.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="A load of squit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Many people beleive (me included) that it was the wrong time to protest in front of our freinds from suffolk. The disgraceful performance on teh pitch was bad enough, let alone letting them watch norwich implode. The protests start NOW.

[/quote]

Now you''re doing what you accuse NW of, coming up with lame excuses.

I think I was the one standing behind you just to the left. I was the guy who went over and spoke to the people leaving the directors box and got them to take a car sticker with them. I have known that guy and his family for years, but he said due to his ill health he couldn''t stand there and protest with us, as much as he would have liked to.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

im guessing meeky was the chap who gave me the worthy out sticker...

I was the one who was leading alot of the chants, with the "francis 20" shirt on im afraid to say :|

I was pleased personally with the turnout at the protest.. lets not forget the Worthy out chants during the game aswell... i really do feel tht we the boards hand is turning, they are starting to take notice now and i feel that time will tell....

Next protests should be at the back of the Jarrold stand.. then they cant ignore us!

[/quote]

We were standing behind you at one point Jas, and I nearly asked you if you still were proud to wear that shirt!   lol 

The boardroom is in the City Stand and that is also near the dressing rooms!  Munby was in the foyer of the old reception area at one point, so he must have heard it all.   The players'' lounge is in the Barclay near the Top of the Terrace area, but the directors will be entertaining the other club in the Boardroom and Ambassadors Lounge, directly above where we were yesterday.  Still, IMO the best place outside the ground for voices to be heard. 

If that is the Samaritans'' number, then that''s pretty uncool, Squit.

But his general point (not about the luck, it sounds like we got hammered yesterday) is right. If you want Worthy to go, you''ve got to get out there and make a fuss. The Newcastle fans basically got rid of Souness. Shepherd was desperate not to sack him because of all the pay-offs he''s given to all the other terrible managers he''s appointed - he''s now saying that their next manager has to be popular with the fans.

We know Delia doesn''t want to sack Worthington, and, while I think she''s wrong, I actually have some respect for her determination not to be a hire-and-fire, boom-and-bust director. But the point is that she''s called for infinite patience and if you want to see some change, you have to show her that we don''t have it.

You can post on here all you want, but if you really want Worthington to go, shout it out loud.

Look forward to hearing your account of your protest at the next game, Paul.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="A load of squit"]

[quote user="Pyro Pete"][quote user="A load of squit"]What is also disapointing is that instead of joining the 150 passionate supporters (whom I applaud for thier passion) most of you rushed home to post on here....If you want change then you should be prepared to protest, you lot just want to type. [/quote]And yet you are so passionate in your support of Nigel Worthington that you didn''t rush around to confront the protestors to tell them how wrong they are, and express what a great job Nigel is doing. Instead you just want to type.  See, your rather weak argument works both ways.Fans have the right  to express themselves however they choose. We know the message boards have an impact because there has been plenty of references to them from Worthy, the board, and even Waghorn. Who would, it would seem, like us all to pipe down. And clearly so would you, you little squit. Well tough luck. This board is for debate, and expressing different opinions. Get used to it. [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now you''re doing what you accuse NW of, coming up with lame excuses.

[/quote]

No I dont accuse him of that I accuse him of *** up our team. worse defense than millwall, worse attack than crewe.

I agree with Paul on this one - it''s doing your dirty washing in public, and the thought of how much extra enjoyment that would add to the ITFC fans put me off joining in the chanting. BTW I got a text from a friend who supports Ipswich - "2-1 to the football team". Sums it up well, I thought.

Old Boy wrote

I agree with Paul on this one - it''s doing your dirty washing in public, and the thought of how much extra enjoyment that would add to the ITFC fans put me off joining in the chanting. BTW I got a text from a friend who supports Ipswich - "2-1 to the football team". Sums it up well, I thought.

Doesn''t it seem as though a large number of us have friends and family who support ''their'' ''local'' team as we do rather than some premiership glamour club. In this case it is Ipswich who we have a great deal in common with.

I would like to be comfortable going to matches at Ipswich, supporting my team and cheering them on whilst mixing with home supporters. It happens in some parts of the Country, so why not here.

I am sick of all this 1970''s aggro crap. Perhaps I have just grown out of it. Wouldn''t it be nice to have an affiliate group of rival supporters who socialise at these games and respect those who are basically their peers.

It is time the ''Old Farm'' grew up.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Old Boy wrote

Doesn''t it seem as though a large number of us have friends and family who support ''their'' ''local'' team as we do rather than some premiership glamour club. In this case it is Ipswich who we have a great deal in common with.

I would like to be comfortable going to matches at Ipswich, supporting my team and cheering them on whilst mixing with home supporters. It happens in some parts of the Country, so why not here.

I am sick of all this 1970''s aggro crap. Perhaps I have just grown out of it. Wouldn''t it be nice to have an affiliate group of rival supporters who socialise at these games and respect those who are basically their peers.

It is time the ''Old Farm'' grew up.

[/quote]i''m with you rude old.  all that stand up if you hate the scum stuff gets on my wick. i''m not adverse to the odd wind-up and banter, but the agro thing is so yesterday.

I said if you want change

then you should protest, I''ve never been on or seen a protest that

didn''t want change. I don''t want you to ''pipe down'' I want you to show

the passion that the other 150 to 200 (you were there Gazza so I''ll

give you the extra 50) were prepared to do, as I said ''walk the walk''.

[/quote]

Again, all you are doing is prescribing to city fans how they should support their club. So I say again, that is their choice, not yours. Perhaps

you would also like to point out at what point during a game city fans

should applaud, cheer and sing? Maybe you would like to approve the

wording of the chants too?

No, you''re just a wind-up merchant. If you truly backed Worthington

then you certainly wouldn''t think fans should be outside the ground

protesting, and certainly wouldn''t be encouraging it.  You simply

want fans who have different views to you on these message boards to

shut up and go somewhere else.