Sign in to follow this  
Bill

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Liverpool *****

Just now, ricardo said:

Good to be back here at CR. Crowd in good voice. A decent performance against really top opposition.

I think in the desperation to turn our wretched top flight form around, this gets forgotten. 

I'd give a lot for a point tonight! OTBC. 

7 minutes ago, Upo said:

Team is looking sharp!

Teemu, Todd, Max, Pierre, Milos, Gibson looking good. Gilmour too. Defence a bit shaky, but not terrible. Bad luck goal, preceded by bad call from ref.

Todd, Teemu, Max and Pierre, and Krul stand out.

Rashica missed one run by Teemu badly. Needs to sharpen there.

I've been very pleased with Rashica. Involved quite a bit. Excited for him for sure.

Hosts keep mentioning Sargeant as a potential second half sub (US broadcast) but if we're hanging around late in the match I'd like to see Idah make his presence felt.

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I think this is as much down to his mental strength and ability to get into the oppositions head. Similarly he's good on one on ones, where he seems to attract the shot straight @ him... smash one low and hard from 25 yards he's in trouble. 

Smash anything low, hard, and near the corners when you're a keeper behind a deep-lying defence and nearly all goalies are in trouble simply as it's often difficult to get a perfectly clear view of the shot coming in, not to mention there's always the chance of a slight deflection, late swerve, or skiddy bounce off the surface making it harder.

Just now, interwebme said:

Professional foul there from Todd 

Good sign. We lacked a bit of that in the last couple of seasons. Would have preferred it before Jota got past three players though!

Been really impressed with Giannoulis. He has been very positive. 

• Like 3

I'd get Pukki off and Sargent on. The lack of physical presence up top is hurting is as we can't hold the ball up and the fullbacks/Rashica have nobody to aim for if they want to play an early cross.

1 minute ago, interwebme said:

We look a lot better than in this game two years ago. 

OTBC, feeling positive. 

Agree, I dont feel like we're going to concede every time they attack like back then!

Just makes you feel absolutely sick doesn't it. Scummy esl club wiith billions  to spend. Were better set up than them and our 27 000make more noise than the lot at Anfield. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 1

There is a very huge ‘Buendia shaped’ hole missing from our forward threat and forward creativity…..

• Confused 2

we are better than 2 years ago but I'm yet to be convinced. We look off the pace. Both goals have come from one of the many moments Liverpool have forced so it's no surprise that occasionally it drops for them.

Would like to see the new lads come on and show what they can do, we've barely tested their defence bar that 1 pukki chance

1 minute ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

Another ****ing lucky deflected pass and goal.

this is true but they've had a handful of moments where it could have dropped so can't complain too much

Just now, unique said:

There is a very huge ‘Buendia shaped’ hole missing from our forward threat and forward creativity…..

He was S h I t today and 2 of the Watford goals were partly down to him. But feel free to live in the past.

9 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Is it me or is our “12th man” hugely disappointing?

Agree. Crowd is not doing its job.

• Like 1

Up in the Gods - it’s no prettier up here watching defensive frailty and lack of imagination regarding our front three. 

Salmon sarnies and beer a welcome distraction 

Early days ….

Cmon, we're 2-0 down, 65mins gone. Make some subs, change it up a bit. Lets see Tzlosis and Sargeant. Nothing to lose by changing up front.

What's thoughts on Rupp, PLM & Gilmour?

2 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Just makes you feel absolutely sick doesn't it. Scummy esl club wiith billions  to spend. Were better set up than them and our 27 000make more noise than the lot at Anfield

I'm sorry, but that's not quite true is it!

This is awful and you're not alone in feeling distraught tonight. Just remember you support a club that you can be proud of, with players who care and an excellent crowd. We just got done on the counter by some scummy esl club with 100's of millions to spend and plastic fairweather fans. We'll be fine on this evidence. Let the scousers enjoy their hollow,ref assisted  victory

• Confused 1