Sign in to follow this  
Bill

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Liverpool *****

And while we're waiting, can any Toolstation listeners keep us updated about what time we'll get relegated this afternoon?

Flags and mosaic

Every seat across Carrow Road's five stands will have a flag attached on Saturday. We're asking fans to hold up their flag as the players walk out onto the pitch at around 5.25pm.

In the lower tiers of the Regency Security stand and Barclay, fans must lift their flags above them at the same time to display mosaics reading 'LOTUS' and 'OTBC'.

Make sure you listen to prompts from our stadium announcers who'll talk you through what to do!

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2021/august/coming-to-carrow-road-this-saturday-heres-what-to-look-out-for/

Sounds good, hopefully it looks nice for the cameras and players on their return!

In glass half full mode, maybes missing a couple of training matches in pre-season was not the worst of preparation in the circumstances.

Haven’t checked back but can’t recall so few injuries coming into the first weekend in recent years and, watching the highlights, while it was interesting that one or two Newcastle players felt the need to leave a foot in on a weakened squad, I’m not sure there was that much to gain, or for Daniel to learn, from the trip to Tyneside last Saturday.

During the latest Covid disruption at the club there would’ve been more time to work with the players who were available, while I doubt that professional athletes hid in their back bedrooms if they were self-isolating without symptoms, so the fitness issue may not be as damaging as many, myself included, at first feared. At least we're not in Everton's state. This week, with almost everyone back for us, intense squad work would have been increasingly possible, without staleness creeping in and at the end of it there could even be that bounce off the training pitch back into games which the side seems to get after an international break.

As for screams of ‘there’s no substitute for match fitness’, that’s true and blindingly obvious, but it is what it is and Daniel and the team can be expected to make the most of it. It’s day one and if I can’t be a happy clapper at the start of a momentous season of passion for our game after the lockdowns and restrictions, then when can I?

Oh and loving the lazy, ignorant punditry which has us already relegated, not the prediction itself which is ok if it’s well informed but the complete lack of real-time analysis from many of them. Maybe they should do Fantasy Football and would get a surprise, as I did, at the transformation of our squad since relegation when you see it listed.

But it’s almost like they’re doing Daniel’s first team talk for him - if he bothers to listen to them!

Don’t know about anyone else, I don’t have a clue what the line-up will be ... but nor will Jurgen Klopp who anyway has had problems of his own this summer, even if on a different astral plain to Daniel’s.

3-2 City

OTBC

Adam Armstrong scores. Really hoping we don't regret not busting the bank for that one signing who could deliver the goods at this level.

Edited by Canary Wundaboy

Watching Watford v Villa to see how Emi gets on. Watford are just the absolute total polar opposite to us. A team full of big physical players, they don't pass the ball about at all, they keep it really simple and just give it to a fast player to run with when they win the ball back and annoyingly it seems to work. I feel like coaches at clubs like that who set their teams up that way are basically stealing a living. 

2 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Watching Watford v Villa to see how Emi gets on. Watford are just the absolute total polar opposite to us. A team full of big physical players, they don't pass the ball about at all, they keep it really simple and just give it to a fast player to run with when they win the ball back and annoyingly it seems to work. I feel like coaches at clubs like that who set their teams up that way are basically stealing a living. 

It's not the best thing to look at but it gets results in this league.

5 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

And Watford spoiling the Buendia party (so far).  

Just watched him take one of his terrible corners, will not miss those 🤣

5 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Been watching it for a while now too and it does feel more like a Championship match than a Prem match

Just now, Jsim1986 said:

Well it's not as if they weren't warned, at least by some of you on here.

• Thanks 1

Buendia has been anonymous so far, not long before he has a strop and starts throwing his arms about the place.
Watford looking good though. 

I think the funnier thing is ManC paying all that wonga for Grealish just as free kicks for falling over go out of fashion. 

(Though I suspect we might still fall victim to the divers in one or two key situations this season)

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

91/94 😎

Welcome back !!!

Oh and well done - I was hopeless and gave up 

9 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

But I thought he was by far and away the greatest player ever to play for us (according to many posters)?? 

14 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Adam Armstrong scores. Really hoping we don't regret not busting the bank for that one signing who could deliver the goods at this level.

Good grief 🙄.  We didn't buy kane, sancho or Grealish either,  what bit of  our policy do you not understand? Or do you just get off on whinging, grow some, ffs. 

• Like 1

Well, Brentford won at home as a promoted side. Watford are winning at home as a promoted side. We're at home....

*checks the contents of that cup of tea....