Sign in to follow this  
Trent Canary

Silent Protest during "Kick it off"

Just read on the pink un a suggestion for everyone to keep quiet when someone "Leads us with kick it off!"

Not only does it send out a message that fans are unhappy, but we also dont have to bother with the orchestrated chorus that should never have been started in the first place. It was tacky then, and it was tacky now.

Its not as good as Worthy out chant, or a protest. But still pretty effective. (And Yes, I have a thing against some local DJ being needed to get us to sing before a game, because apparently we are incapable of doing it ourselves)

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Just read on the pink un a suggestion for everyone to keep quiet when someone "Leads us with kick it off!"

Not only does it send out a message that fans are unhappy, but we

also dont have to bother with the orchestrated chorus that should never

have been started in the first place. It was tacky then, and it was

tacky now.

Its not as good as Worthy out chant, or a protest. But still pretty

effective. (And Yes, I have a thing against some local DJ being needed

to get us to sing before a game, because apparently we are incapable of

doing it ourselves)

[/quote]

Here here.

If you think the Kick if off routine is embarrassing, try being a Reading fan.  Believe me, Tuesday night last had to be seen to be believed. 

We are truly not in their league  [:D]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

If you think the Kick if off routine is embarrassing, try being a Reading fan.  Believe me, Tuesday night last had to be seen to be believed. 

We are truly not in their league  [:D]

[/quote]

Gazza,

Please Explain, Im intrigued!

P.S. Is it true Reading havent been selling out their ground this season? Was it a sell out Tuesday? Cheers.

This silent protest is an excellent idea, although I thought a lot of people did that already (only joking!). There''s one thing, it may persuade some of the strong silent types to make some noise for the 1st time in their undemonstrative lives, in a forlorn attempt  to compensate for the lack of singing from the normally vociferous Barclay/Snakepit

[quote user="steve hale"]I personally think we should leave protests till later in the game and give the lads our 100% backing.That is until they have turned out another crock of sh!t then its time to demonstrate.
[/quote]

I agree. My idea mainly revolves around being silent when "WE ARE LED WITH KICK IT OFF!!" (Just typing that phrase makes my blood boil!). Then when the DJ and his weekly fan have finished we start our own chant of kick it off.

And Yes, any serious protest should be after the game.

[quote user="stephen nobbs"]This silent protest is an excellent idea, although I thought a lot of people did that already (only joking!). There''s one thing, it may persuade some of the strong silent types to make some noise for the 1st time in their undemonstrative lives, in a forlorn attempt  to compensate for the lack of singing from the normally vociferous Barclay/Snakepit[/quote]

Its a very good point Stephen, I don''t normally join in ''cos I think its a bit contrived so as I don''t want to protest will I have to sing? How will I know if people are not singing because they are protesting or that they''re like me previously? It such a dilemma!