Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Pre Liverpool worries thread

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Feeling a little anxious? A little scared? Images of suarez flashing through your mind? Perhaps a little sick? I know I am. Let it all out here. What worries you about todays match the most?

Our disrupted preseason is what worries me most, that and the cancelled friendlies has me a little concerned.  

• Like 1

Have we ever been “due a win” more than against Liverpool? I desperately want a win against them anyway possible. A skanky last minute scramble in the box ball going in off a beach ball moment I don’t mind.

Our lack of a tough nut CDM worries me, but looking forward to seeing what Rashica, Sargent and Tzolis can do!

TBH I am not that worried. First game, free hit, this is one of those games we don't expect anything from, Liverpool could be as rusty as Arsenal last night, noisy home crowd, they won't know what to expect just as we don't! I think Gilmour will be the key, we could get turned over badly but I'm massively looking forward to this.......😀👍

• Like 3

I worry that we will start with 1) so many changes from the team that finished as champions last year, and 2) players who have only just started training with us, that we will be disjointed and error prone. Difficult one to balance for Farke.

Yep, lack of practice ciuld be an issue, but I guess my "worry" is that we don't see enough of the new chaps. Seeing the vids of some of  Rashica's goals I'm really excited at the prospect of seeing him running at a Liverpool defence on their heels, plus how PLM and young Billy work in the middle. Then theres that Gianni/ Tzolis combi and Sargent harrying VVD. Delicious.......

No worries here, I’m just incredibly excited for this evening. Cannot wait to get back in the Carra, first time back since the Leicester game for me, has been a long time coming this. 

Worried?  What's to be worried about?  Get out there and enjoy it!  Win, draw or lose, it's going to be a great occasion to have what will be a pretty full stadium for the first time in 18 months against a top club. Nothing will be achieved by worrying - enjoy it! 

• Like 2

I'm worried they won't give it a go!! New defense for 'pool. VVD is back from big injury, Robertson out......get at them. Last time in league went with a whimper. If we are gonna go let's go down swinging

I worry that the ease with which teams can run/play through us which hasn’t really been addressed might be exposed quite brutally today.

Crowd will be important, needs to be a bear pit. 

I am worried about contracting coronavirus* and passing the infection on to my elderly parents (*If it makes me seriously ill or kills me  at least it will be as a result of something I love doing).  I am still going to the game though, will be as careful as I can under the circumstances and will protect my parents. I intend to enjoy the game, whatever the result. As much as I love Norwich City I find it hard to get that worried about how they do on a football pitch, who they have or haven't signed etc, the pandemic has reset me to taking each day as it comes and enjoying each day as if it is my last......OTBC!!..............

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB
  • Like 3

I'm not scared of defeat at all. I'm scared that we just might be better and braver than we imagined.

Worried about whether I can get through 90 mins without posting on the matchday thread. I will though because I am going to the game 🍺🍺

As others have mentioned, I'm most worried about getting Covid. Yesterday evening first time in 18 mths I went for the full on pub experience; absultely rammed, no social distancing, no a masks anywhere, no table service. Must admit I'm a bit nervous about what the Barclay concourse will be like 🤔

One to get out of the system and relish a proper matchday. Not bothered about result or performance, a free hit.

1 hour ago, RugbyCanary said:

I'm worried they won't give it a go!! New defense for 'pool. VVD is back from big injury, Robertson out......get at them. Last time in league went with a whimper. If we are gonna go let's go down swinging

Imagine they are only slightly more match fit than us, good time to get at them.

With Robertson out we really need to exploit that side with Aaron’s and presume Rashica? Tsimikas is a good player but we need to make sure we test him and don’t let him settle. 

I fancy us to at least score, much tougher prospect than Arsenal was for Brentford but no better time to play them.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

I worry that the ease with which teams can run/play through us which hasn’t really been addressed might be exposed quite brutally today.

Crowd will be important, needs to be a bear pit. 

Wow. Without a competitive ball having been kicked yet 😮

Worried about getting in the stadium late missing kick off. Bad enough for Gillingham game with 10,000 fans. Today should be interesting 

18 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Wow. Without a competitive ball having been kicked yet 😮

The clue is in the title of the thread. That is my worry. Time will tell whether it’s justified or not. 

26 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Worried about whether I can get through 90 mins without posting on the matchday thread. I will though because I am going to the game 🍺🍺

As others have mentioned, I'm most worried about getting Covid. Yesterday evening first time in 18 mths I went for the full on pub experience; absultely rammed, no social distancing, no a masks anywhere, no table service. Must admit I'm a bit nervous about what the Barclay concourse will be like 🤔

One to get out of the system and relish a proper matchday. Not bothered about result or performance, a free hit.

Maybe get to the ground very early and go straight to your seat Capt? Once you sit down and see the hallowed turf I'm sure any unease will pass.

OTBC

I'm worried that we will win and I will be unable to contain myself as I'm watching it in my local on the Wirral so it will be full of Liverpool fans.

🤣🤣🤣

For extra worry factor I've recently torn a calf muscle so I'll be wearing a protective boot and therefore unable to run very fast.

😳😳😳

2 hours ago, Tumbleweed said:

TBH I am not that worried. First game, free hit, this is one of those games we don't expect anything from, Liverpool could be as rusty as Arsenal last night, noisy home crowd, they won't know what to expect just as we don't! I think Gilmour will be the key, we could get turned over badly but I'm massively looking forward to this.......😀👍

Arsenal are just rubbish now, so can't really say they were rusty. Liverpool won't probably be making the same mistakes.

28 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Maybe get to the ground very early and go straight to your seat Capt? Once you sit down and see the hallowed turf I'm sure any unease will pass.

OTBC

Yes that is the plan DDJ. Pre match beverages will be reduced. There shouldn't be but there could be a few jobsworth's causing additional faff to delay getting into the ground. 

we are not ready of course but lucky with schedule facing best 2  teams is nothing to loose and any pts will be bonus.

I hope for Leicester we to be more fit as we won 4 pts against them 2 years ago but for me our season really start after international break.

I already book flight and have tickets for Arsenal away 😉 

OTBC

I have to be honest it’s feeling like Groundhog Day from 2019 for me.

Liverpool for the opener ? Tick

Lineup not as strong as the lineup we had at the end of last season? Tick

CDM position not sorted ? Tick

CB absent from opening game and knowing we could easily be forced to play makeshift cover at CB by injuries? Tick

Worried we’ll be 4-0 down by halftime? Tick

My biggest worry is that Buendia and Skipp were our best players last season and we’re certainly going to struggle to replace them, new players always take time to bed into DF’s system and we’ve not really had a preseason at all.

Having said that, what’s the worst that can happen? We get relegated while the world is hit by a devastating virus pandemic?

my prediction? Liverpool to have 78% possession, hit the woodwork 8 times and City to win 1-0 from an OG.

• Like 1