hogesar

Who's going tomorrow?

I saw at the start of the week there were some tickets still available so quite clearly there's going to be some season ticket holders staying away (as is completely their right, of course).

I was just interested in how many on here are going, or aren't going but normally would? I didn't attend any of the 'trial' games last season nor have I attended any friendlies - I was quite keen for my first game back again to be the 'real' experience.

Obviously I can't wait, and I'm pretty sure i'll still be happy after the game if we lose 4-0, just to see live football again and hopefully some of the people that sit around me who i've not seen for some time now.

• Like 1

Yup I’m there. Even managed to get my dad a ticket this morning too 👍

Leave home at 11.30am to be in Norwich for 2pm, plenty of time to start ‘warming up’

Since getting my second jab a couple of weeks ago, I'm feeling less hesitant. I'm more concerned for my old man than myself but he seems pretty easy about it. It will certainly be weird going to a crowded place and sitting right next to someone for the first time since that Leicester game. I just hope that people are respectful of each other and stay away if they have any symptoms.

I'm pretty excited about seeing some live football though. I have no expectations about the result - it's a 'free hit' as everyone says - but I can't wait to see some of the new players in the flesh.

I would be going but have a family visit that I planned at a time when fans in stadiums in August looked very unlikely, so gutted to be missing it.

No shortage of takers for my ticket though.

I just cannot wait. Seeing my footy mates, pre match beverages and hopefully some more familiar faces.

I think it will be quite emotional, there's been a lot of water gone under the bridge since I was last at Carrow Rd.

Let's blow the bloody roof off! 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Beefy is a legend said:

I'm going, lower Barclay Block C. Can't wait to watch the game with my brother in a packed Carrow Road.

I'm not going to avoid doing the things the make life worth living. 

I'm Lower Barclay Block C, row C, if my memory serves me correct. It's been THAT long...

Sorry cannot make it everyone enjoy the experience, hope we play well.  But 5.30 ko causes problems, first train to Cambridge after match 7.30 will be rammed with Attleboro and Wymondham and standing room only, double jabbed but too soon to risk this journey.  7.30 may be too busy and 8.30 could be overloaded, could try later but cancellations to Cambridge connection might mean night on the station.  Too risky 3.00 ko means safer journeys. 

Stay safe avid breeding grounds for the virus.

Unless wild horses mysteriously turn up and drag me away, I'm in.

Sadly I didn't have my hip replaced last year, as was the plan. So, I'm going to have to use the old farts lift to get to the top of the Barclay, if it's being used!!

I've deferred for a year, such is my confidence that we'll survive. Saw what happened at the Euros and Latitude and decided against it. I've realised that Bill Shankly was wrong about the life and death thing.

I shall rely on @ricardowho is the only reporter I trust.

I'll be back but in the meantime I'm watching Mulbarton. Not the same standard but they do at least allow dogs. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I've deferred for a year, such is my confidence that we'll survive. Saw what happened at the Euros and Latitude and decided against it. I've realised that Bill Shankly was wrong about the life and death thing.

I'll be back but in the meantime I'm watching Mulbarton. Not the same standard but they do at least allow dogs. 

Do they allow bad dogs called Dylan though?

36 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Which dog was yours ? My avatar sausage dog was there

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I saw at the start of the week there were some tickets still available so quite clearly there's going to be some season ticket holders staying away (as is completely their right, of course).

I was just interested in how many on here are going, or aren't going but normally would? I didn't attend any of the 'trial' games last season nor have I attended any friendlies - I was quite keen for my first game back again to be the 'real' experience.

Obviously I can't wait, and I'm pretty sure i'll still be happy after the game if we lose 4-0, just to see live football again and hopefully some of the people that sit around me who i've not seen for some time now.

My mum still doesn't feel comfortable going so she's given her upgraded season ticket to me. I'm going home on Sunday so hopefully I'll leave with memories of a good performance.

OTBC

• Like 1

Double jabbed and we'll be there. Can't believe the last full house home league game was Leicester when Lewis scored that rocket, can't wait.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

If you are double jabbed there is no reason not to go, can’t wait 

Fair assessment Fred, hope you're misses is bracing for a City win

1 hour ago, pete said:

Sorry cannot make it everyone enjoy the experience, hope we play well.  But 5.30 ko causes problems, first train to Cambridge after match 7.30 will be rammed with Attleboro and Wymondham and standing room only, double jabbed but too soon to risk this journey.  7.30 may be too busy and 8.30 could be overloaded, could try later but cancellations to Cambridge connection might mean night on the station.  Too risky 3.00 ko means safer journeys. 

Stay safe avid breeding grounds for the virus.

After much deliberation I have decided to go. Putting my trust in the vaccine and getting on with life.

However like Pete I can not face potentially rammed unventilated trains. So driving and stopping over. Will be an expensive season if I need to repeat that every game!

First time back to Norwich since the Leicester game. Looking forward to it.

OTBC

• Like 2

Just came out of hospital now starting dialysis, unfortunately my first schedule is Tuesday, Thursday Saturday so that’s me ****ed for a while

Its just a bit weird getting my head round the fact that we are in the EPL. Last time I went to FCR we were, its just like I have missed 18 months of my life.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Its just a bit weird getting my head round the fact that we are in the EPL. Last time I went to FCR we were, its just like I have missed 18 months of my life.

We were crap after project restart but you never know what might have been had we been able to carry on after that wonderful win in the cup at Spurs.

I know we won the league but it almost feels as though last season didn't happen. Feels right that I'm watching Premier League football again.

• Like 1