Well I'm not going to begrudge them that win after the last 18 months, they deserved it. 

I hope we match the noise and intensity tomorrow, because we're going to need it. 

5 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

People would think Brentford have won the league 

Actually people think Arsenal were toilet. Brentford were gifted 3 points.

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

🤣🤣 Brentford actually did a lap of honour 🤣🤣

To be fair, first time back infront of the fans for nearly 18 months, first time in their new stadium properly, first time in the prem for 74(?) years, and a 2-0 win against Arsenal.

I’m sure we’d see similar scenes if we beat Liverpool tomorrow! Somehow I don’t think it’ll be so easy…

• Like 6

Just now, Fuzzar said:

Well I'm not going to begrudge them that win after the last 18 months, they deserved it. 

I hope we match the noise and intensity tomorrow, because we're going to need it. 

Yep I agree, fair play to them deserved the win tonight and reaction from fans at the end was brilliant to see.

Let’s hope we deliver an even bigger surprise tomorrow!

45 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Imagine leaving Saka on the bench….

There will be several players who appeared in the Euros benched this weekend I suspect.

Arsenal couldn't cope with Brentford's aggressive pressing and direct, physical approach. We don't really play like that so I think Arsenal would have had more of the game  but they stil looked poor with the ball and blunt in attack. Just hope Lacazette and Aubameyang are still out when we go there.

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

fifa.png

Scripted Fifa style stats

Brentford FC stats

Possession 34%
pass accuracy 64%

PLUCKYNESS LEVEL 100%

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Tumbleweed said:

Arsenal couldn't cope with Brentford's aggressive pressing and direct, physical approach. We don't really play like that so I think Arsenal would have had more of the game  but they stil looked poor with the ball and blunt in attack. Just hope Lacazette and Aubameyang are still out when we go there.

Sorry but Arsenal were just bang average. Nothing to do with the pressing and direct physical approach. Not only did they struggle to retain the ball in forward areas, they struggled to win it back quickly, especially first half.

Honestly, I think that is possibly the worst Arsenal side I have ever seen this side of the millennium. There was just nothing. I'd call it flat... but they had nothing until Sako came on really. Most of the first half was played in the Arsenal half and not just because of pressing... 

On that performance Arsenal will be lucky to be top half let alone top six.

Edited by chicken
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Of course once Arsenal get their strikers back they are going to improve but my word this has to be one of the worst Arsenal sides I have seen in years

Yeah deffo , arteta must be concerned , massively concerned , still think Brentford will go down though.

Don’t need to worry about anyone else except ourselves. Fair play to Brentford, did exactly what they needed, but my god Arsenal were poor. 

I agree they were average but we must have been watching different feeds  chicken. In possesion they were starved of time and space and struggled to do much with the ball  often just panicking and rushed. To my eyes that approach had a direct effect on how they played.

2 minutes ago, Tumbleweed said:

I agree they were average but we must have been watching different feeds  chicken. In possesion they were starved of time and space and struggled to do much with the ball  often just panicking and rushed. To my eyes that approach had a direct effect on how they played.

Brentford did something a lot of teams in the Prem survive by doing so.. Taking the most of their chances. Only 3 shots on goal yet 2 goals. Compare that to Arsenal who 22 shots with only 4 on target and of course no goals

I didn't actually watch the game, but I think what sums up this Arsenal side at the moment, and it's a pretty damning indictment, is that losing against a newly-promoted side playing their first top flight match in 70 years and who will in all likelihood be battling relegation all season is not actually much of a surprise.

That will be a massive confidence boost for Brentford and a great start - which can make all the difference. I do hope the fixture computer hasn’t all but relegated us before a ball is kicked

Hats off to Brentford.  Yes, Arsenal were off it, but you've still got to take your chances and work hard - can't knock their performance.

Great scenes at the end too, with players and manager taking time out for supporters in the crowd.  I was watching AFTV at the time, and you could see the shame on their faces seeing that relationship with the fans and club.  These so called 'big' clubs are just empty, soulless cash machines - yet they happy slag clubs like us off asking "why" players like Emi, Todd, Max would stay here - so big finger in their direction.

Not great for us as Klopp will use this for fuel to his players tomorrow, and Bees 3 pts on the board, but well done all the same.

Edited by Google Bot

16 minutes ago, Tumbleweed said:

Yeah, I just looked at the stats, perhaps it was just the way they utterly failed to do anything. I mean, part of the issue was Arsenal were just not boxing clever at all. I don't think Brentford did anything special, even their pressing was more huge work rate more than anything... this might sound a tad harsh, but there will be sides expected to finish lower than Arsenal in the table who would rip that apart.

Arsenal just lost the ball to easily. The press was good, but I didn't think it overly physical. The Arsenal defence was wobbly too. Playing wing backs didn't look comfortable. Looked short on ideas and any sort of battling in their side bar perhaps three players. Just all over the place. 

35 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

For all those getting panties in a twist over this result..

We beat Man City and look how that season ended. Still a lotttttt of games to come

Only 38 buh

28 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Brentford did something a lot of teams in the Prem survive by doing so.. Taking the most of their chances. Only 3 shots on goal yet 2 goals. Compare that to Arsenal who 22 shots with only 4 on target and of course no goals

Who knew that taking your chances increases the odds that you will win a game and survive. But that's the problem with Arsenal, if they don't score, they hardly ever win...

14 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Who knew that taking your chances increases the odds that you will win a game and survive. But that's the problem with Arsenal, if they don't score, they hardly ever win...

It's more about ensuring your shots are at the net and not at the moon 😉

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

That will be a massive confidence boost for Brentford and a great start - which can make all the difference. I do hope the fixture computer hasn’t all but relegated us before a ball is kicked

This post is typical of your happy clapper nonsense DCB. What do you mean "I do hope"?

I can absolutely and totally categorically confirm that the fixture computer HAS relegated us!! 

Absolutely........

totally..................

categorically...............

certainly.................

100%!

Absolutely nothing to enjoy about watching one of our relegation rivals being gifted three points by the sort of complete no show from Arsenal that you just know wouldn’t happen against us. Giving them the sort of confidence and momentum that our horrific run of fixtures will not allow us.we will now face Arsenal with them desperate to win, with their players back snd no doubt a couple of new signings as well. Think Brentford got a major break there.

one thing i will say is that I thought Brentford looked strong and athletic. They may not have been as active in the transfer market but the two main signings they have made/prioritised are a defensive midfielder and centre back which is an interesting contrast with our activity thus far. 

Edited by Jim Smith

8 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Yep! It's all over and done with before we've even started. FFS get a grip man!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, shefcanary said:

IMG-20210813-WA0002.jpg

What worries me here, is that even though we have a tough run of opening fixtures playing a wounded Arsenal at the Emirates after their next 2 games could see a bounce. They could have a new manager or the players fighting for the manager etc when we play them. The home fans will be livid if they come into our game with 3 losses

41 minutes ago, smooth said:

What worries me here, is that even though we have a tough run of opening fixtures playing a wounded Arsenal at the Emirates after their next 2 games could see a bounce. They could have a new manager or the players fighting for the manager etc when we play them. The home fans will be livid if they come into our game with 3 losses

Or, they become so dispirited by their appalling start that City overpower their nerve-wracked efforts. Seems we have a serious outbreak of doom-speculation fever already gripping the site. Antidote: just remind yourself that every team plays every other team twice, and speculation about possible results makes not the slightest difference to the actual result (as last night adequately showed).