2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Rupp may not be the answer but from what we've seen so far he might be the only option. I really like McLean and have defended him even at championship level where some didnt rate him, but he didn't do enough to help Williams vs Watford and then gave away the ball in a suicidal area yesterday, and its these moments that are absolutely killing us.

100% need Cantwell in the team. I agree regarding Central midfielders but have a concern we don't have a two that actually work. I said in the Burnley team thread a little while ago a two id like to see - actually from what you've said i don't think my team suggestion would be far from yours!

I like Kenny, but he's directly contributed to our conceding a goal in each of the last two games, essentially putting each game beyond us.

Farke needs to bench him next week. 

On 13/08/2021 at 08:08, Worthy Nigelton said:

If Kenny McLean plays 37 times for us this season like he did in the last PL campaign we will be relegated.

Discuss.

Anyone disagreeing with this now? Has the mood changed on the mayor or was I still wrong to suggest he's nowhere near good enough in what is a key area of the pitch....?

6 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Anyone disagreeing with this now? Has the mood changed on the mayor or was I still wrong to suggest he's nowhere near good enough in what is a key area of the pitch....?

Continuously picking McLean ahead of Gilmour is the kind of decision that will cost Farke his job

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Todd sitting at home playing fifa

56 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Huh?

I didn't write my thoughts down very clearly. 

The phrase you used describing McLean as 'nowhere near good enough' is true for the Premier League, yet we have one of our best players, Todd, being pushed out.

• Like 1

Funny how these threads are bumped/pushed forwards. Timing is everrything and reveals a lot.

If Kenny is picked, we can hope he has a great game and plays as well as we know we can, because if he does that, it helps the team and after all, we want the team to do well.....or most of us do.......

29 minutes ago, Number9 said:

The phrase you used describing McLean as 'nowhere near good enough' is true for the Premier League, yet we have one of our best players, Todd, being pushed out.

Todd is not one of our best players. He’s over rated. 
Remind me of a game where be totally bossed it?  He doesn’t. He has flashes of good play but nowhere near good enough for 90 mins at PL level.

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Continuously picking McLean ahead of Gilmour is the kind of decision that will cost Farke his job

Yes and no. McLean is not PL quality. He’s bearly top 10 Championship level. Gilmore is a good player but we’re not playing him in the right position. In my view we need a 4231 with Gilmore in the Stiepermann role behind Pukki.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Todd is not one of our best players. He’s over rated. 
Remind me of a game where be totally bossed it?  He doesn’t. He has flashes of good play but nowhere near good enough for 90 mins at PL level.

If Todd isn't one of our best players, in your opinion, I'd love to know who is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

If Todd isn't one of our best players, in your opinion, I'd love to know who is.

Out of our main squad players I’d have Cantwell as marginally above Kenny with the remaining players above.

Just because Todd can do a nice flick or a trick once a game doesn’t make him Gazza.  He needs to perform for the full game. Unfortunately this is not the case. Don’t get me wrong Todd has ability and if he applies himself and impose himself on the game more then we might have a player on our hands but unfortunately it appears that his opinion of himself is far higher than reality. 

4 hours ago, Number9 said:

He's not being pushed out. He's pushing himself out because he's under the delusion that he is Jack Grealish. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jersey Canary said:

Out of our main squad players I’d have Cantwell as marginally above Kenny with the remaining players above.

Just because Todd can do a nice flick or a trick once a game doesn’t make him Gazza.  He needs to perform for the full game. Unfortunately this is not the case. Don’t get me wrong Todd has ability and if he applies himself and impose himself on the game more then we might have a player on our hands but unfortunately it appears that his opinion of himself is far higher than reality. 

Just look at their comparative highlights on YouTube. Cantwell is a vastly better player than McLean.

Kenny has featured regularly this season and his area of the pitch has consistently been deficient, despite being reinforced. Conversely, Cantwell's position has been removed from our formation, despite us needing the creativity and attacking intent that he offers.

The irrational dislike of Cantwell is baffling.

7 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

He's not being pushed out. He's pushing himself out because he's under the delusion that he is Jack Grealish. 

He might be Grealish, Grealish would look awful in our team.

7 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Just look at their comparative highlights on YouTube. Cantwell is a vastly better player than McLean.

Kenny has featured regularly this season and his area of the pitch has consistently been deficient, despite being reinforced. Conversely, Cantwell's position has been removed from our formation, despite us needing the creativity and attacking intent that he offers.

The irrational dislike of Cantwell is baffling.

It's not irrational. He's screwed us up for two seasons running.

11 hours ago, Number9 said:

Shame Todd isn't playing for whatever reason, agreed. Our best player.

On 13/08/2021 at 08:14, Terminally Yellow said:

What the **** is wrong with you idiots? 

The day before the season starts and we're putting down our players with this sort of ****ing nonsense? 

Un-****ing-believable.

Morning.

On 30/10/2021 at 22:00, Worthy Nigelton said:

Sadly he has not looked it so far this season, I really want him to come good.

McLean hasn't been good this season but he has been far better than any other midfielder except Normann, which really says a lot about the others.

1 minute ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Dean Smith has just said the only player to come out of the Arsenal game with any credit was McClean.Must have watched a different game to me.Weak in the tackle,one dimentional,pedestrian.

Surely even the most pig ignorant amongst you must realise when two club managers, plus Scotland managers, keep playing him that just maybe you know eff all. 

On 30/10/2021 at 22:00, Worthy Nigelton said:

Cantwell hasn’t been good enough this season and you still have the cheek to push the McLean agenda 😂

16 minutes ago, fredherring said:

Surely even the most pig ignorant amongst you must realise when two club managers, plus Scotland managers, keep playing him that just maybe you know eff all. 

Do you actually go to the games,or have you ever played the game at any level? McClean hardly ever starts a game for Scotland,and, like Gilmour,needs a couple of minders around him to protect him.Rarely tackles,movement off the ball is poor and absolutely no goal threat.

26 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Dean Smith has just said the only player to come out of the Arsenal game with any credit was McClean.Must have watched a different game to me.Weak in the tackle,one dimentional,pedestrian.

I’ve said pretty much since Kenny first arrived, he’s mid table Championship level at best for the reasons you state above. He wasn’t good enough in the PL last time and isn’t good enough this time. 

To add to the lacking attributes, he doesn’t score and he doesn’t create.  Apart from that he’s perfect. 

7 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Do you actually go to the games,or have you ever played the game at any level? McClean hardly ever starts a game for Scotland,and, like Gilmour,needs a couple of minders around him to protect him.Rarely tackles,movement off the ball is poor and absolutely no goal threat.

When we signed Kenny from Aberdeen a local journalist said that Kenny is a good player in a good team.  Although I think good player was stretching the point last season but you get the gist of what he was saying as Kenny is lost in a struggling team.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Cantwell hasn’t been good enough this season and you still have the cheek to push the McLean agenda 😂

Agreed he hasn't but he's hardly played so has never got any rhythm. McLean on the other hand.... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Nobody has been good enough this season. Nobody. None of them. Cantwell has barely played.

And yet a player who has already proved himself at this level two years ago, a player who scored 6 goals in the Premier League for us last time around is consistently stuck on the bench or out of the team altogether. 

He's out of form but we all know what he's capable of. Let him play 70+ minutes for a few games and he'll be back. None of the other players in his position have been any good this season and they're not improving at all. Todd has way more potential and he's desperate to play, unlike some. 

Without him in team I doubt we'll even manage 10 goals as a team before the season is over. 

23 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I know it's not saying a lot, but McLean was our least worst player yesterday. 

It actually shows how far we've plummeted where McLean isn't the issue anymore.