5 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

If Kenny McLean plays 37 times for us this season like he did in the last PL campaign we will be relegated.

Discuss.

2 minutes ago, bringbackchippy said:

Agree with that, good but not good enough

What the **** is wrong with you idiots? 

The day before the season starts and we're putting down our players with this sort of ****ing nonsense? 

Un-****ing-believable.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

I think it's more to do with losing three centre-halves at once with the corresponding effect that has on the midfield (as usually defensive midfielders get pushed into defence to shore it up) and then attacking midfielders get brought back. Farke really didn't have many options last time in the Premier League except for playing in a low block and hoping a counter stuck, but we didn't have much pace to get a counter to stick either.

That was why Hernandez looked our best player in Project Restart - he was our fastest and was direct with it.

I think he is underrated by many and can bring lots to the game. I also think he can perfom in PL as well, but maybe not in such big role as in championship. 

He did deserve his spot last year as best option to his role we had. Now its up to others to give good enough performance to take it. Would think PLM as prime candidate.  

Be it Kenny, PLM or any other, I think we will not fall to performance of our box to box midfielder.

32 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

What the **** is wrong with you idiots? 

The day before the season starts and we're putting down our players with this sort of ****ing nonsense? 

Un-****ing-believable.

It's pathetic, but if it's any consolation the OP is a consistent miserablist and the chippy guy you quoted is a racist, so....

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm with @Terminally Yellow on this.   Why this negative kind of tread the day before the season - but then you have to notice who the poster is who is probably not a Norwich supporter. 

I am a Norwich supporter.

Let me clarify, I think KM is okay. I think he deserves a spot in the squad. I also think that if he plays every single game bar one for a team who want to establish themselves at the top table, we won't establish ourselves at the top table. 

How dare someone discuss a Norwich City subject on a board called 'Main Discussion' that is specifically about Norwich City.

And if Terminally Yellow reacts like that to anyone who talks about football with an opinion that doesnt match his in a pub, workplace, home etc etc he's clearly a bit odd and must have been laid out a few times. My guess is he doesn't react like that.

Calm down.

Thought he was great last season. Massively improved on last time in the top flight. Enough for the likes of West Ham to be interested in signing him.

1 minute ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I am a Norwich supporter.

Let me clarify, I think KM is okay. I think he deserves a spot in the squad. I also think that if he plays every single game bar one for a team who want to establish themselves at the top table, we won't establish ourselves at the top table. 

How dare someone discuss a Norwich City subject on a board called 'Main Discussion' that is specifically about Norwich City.

And if Terminally Yellow reacts like that to anyone who talks about football with an opinion that doesnt match his in a pub, workplace, home etc etc he's clearly a bit odd and must have been laid out a few times. My guess is he doesn't react like that.

Calm down.

I'm happy to arrange a meeting if you want me to call you a ****ing moron to your face.

My DMs are open.

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I'm happy to arrange a meeting if you want me to call you a ****ing moron to your face.

My DMs are open.

What a weird bloke.

"Ya ma shares pictures of lost dogs from other countries!"

Crikey. Calm down you lot!

For the record, I love Kenny. I also love what he seemingly brings to the morale of the team. He's the banter king. Tzolis arrives and he's immediately on his IG calling him "Jarhead" 😅 I mean, come on!?! How can you NOT love that?! 

• Like 1

Kenny McLean is a 100% er. If he does not play much this season, hopefully it is because The Club has found a player who is performing better. one player does not get a team relegated. Also, please remember, our injuries at the start and during our last Premiership  Season were horrendous. I am happy with Kenny in the team. I am sure DF will select the best available, and in form. for all the games ahead. COYY

2 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

"Ya ma shares pictures of lost dogs from other countries!"

Crikey. Calm down you lot!

For the record, I love Kenny. I also love what he seemingly brings to the morale of the team. He's the banter king. Tzolis arrives and he's immediately on his IG calling him "Jarhead" 😅 I mean, come on!?! How can you NOT love that?! 

I like McLean, he's a decent player. You dont win two Championship medals without being a decent player. I think he has a role to play this year but IMO he shouldnt play as prominent a role as last time.

Also, I think if I was talking to someone who was saying "I worry about us this year if XYZ plays as much as last time. I just dont think he's up to it and we will struggle if he's a regular" I dont think I would be responding to that person asking them what was f*****g wrong with them. Calling them a f*****g idiot and so forth. Why does the internet give people a shield to think they can act like that? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

If Kenny McLean plays 37 times for us this season like he did in the last PL campaign we will be relegated.

Discuss.

I think the whole team over achieved the season before and none of the lads knew how the season would pan out. Very few had prem experience. Lets hope the ones who have now gained the experience try to put it right. I'm not McLean biggest fan but I think it's a bit harsh blaming the whole season on him. We had injuries throughout the campaign too.

• Like 1

If McLean plays all 38 games it wouldn't be an issue in my eyes. He's is easily good enough to be a Premier League player and is so important to the way Farke wants to play. McClean is good in the tackle, a good passer, good in the air and has the engine to get up and down the pitch for 90 mins.

Never understood the McLean hate, I guess it is due to him playing a fairly unglamorous role of being a bit of a shuttler - but it would cost close to £10m to get someone in as good as him.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ward 3 said:

I think the whole team over achieved the season before and none of the lads knew how the season would pan out. Very few had prem experience. Lets hope the ones who have now gained the experience try to put it right. I'm not McLean biggest fan but I think it's a bit harsh blaming the whole season on him. We had injuries throughout the campaign too.

I wasnt blaming the whole season on him by a long stretch. I do think he is an indication of a player that did look quite a long way away from PL quality though... and in a vital area of the pitch. My point was he shouldn't be starting many games this year and he shouldnt be making 37 appearances out 38 if you have ambitions of staying up.

We've improved significantly in the last coupl of years and McLean will still be one of the first names on the teamsheet. As it stands he's probably got Rupp and Sorensen looking to take his place (presumably Lees-Melou and Gilmour start with him). I think the left footedness giving rhe midfield balance will make hard to shift.

5 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I wasnt blaming the whole season on him by a long stretch. I do think he is an indication of a player that did look quite a long way away from PL quality though... and in a vital area of the pitch. My point was he shouldn't be starting many games this year and he shouldnt be making 37 appearances out 38 if you have ambitions of staying up.

My previous post covers what you say at the start buddy. None of the lads had any real PL experience. It was a learning curve. Lets see how KM fares this season and discuss this in may?

2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

We've improved significantly in the last coupl of years and McLean will still be one of the first names on the teamsheet. As it stands he's probably got Rupp and Sorensen looking to take his place (presumably Lees-Melou and Gilmour start with him). I think the left footedness giving rhe midfield balance will make hard to shift.

Don't think Kenny has a bad set piece in him either to be honest. And like you say a natural left footed player could make him more of a candidate to start

I think the key to his improvement was having Skipp alongside him. To get the best from Kenny we need someone with a good work rate defensively next to him. He had a mix mash of partners in the middle last time and was in front of a make shift defence, I'd hope he would have an easier time of things this time around with a fit CB pairing behind and a solid partner.

Seems like the general consensus is that he will be good enough and that is fine. I'm happy to be proven wrong but dont think I will be! Lets see come May.

OTBC

3 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Seems like the general consensus is that he will be good enough and that is fine. I'm happy to be proven wrong but dont think I will be! Lets see come May.

OTBC

Like. Ran out of Reactions on the side 🤣

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I see what you're trying to say, but let's face it - we had so many defensive injuries that the whole team was compromised. Look at Liverpool's performances through the middle of last season to see what kind of effect such a defensive injury crisis can have on even proven top-quality midfielders like Henderson and Wijnaldum.

You may be proven right, but we'd really need more "normal" luck with injuries than the rampaging crapfest we had last time in the Premier League. I happen to think both he and Rupp will look considerably better in the Premier League compared to two years ago with a settled back four behind them, but fans are letting their impressions of these players from two years ago cloud everything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

You may be proven right, but we'd really need more "normal" luck with injuries than the rampaging crapfest we had last time in the Premier League. I happen to think both he and Rupp will look considerably better in the Premier League compared to two years ago with a settled back four behind them, but fans are letting their impressions of these players from two years ago cloud everything.

Bang on!! 🙌 thank the lord for some sense.

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

I see what you're trying to say, but let's face it - we had so many defensive injuries that the whole team was compromised. Look at Liverpool's performances through the middle of last season to see what kind of effect such a defensive injury crisis can have on even proven top-quality midfielders like Henderson and Wijnaldum.

All good points, well made. I think Rupp will be fine as well if he can stay fit.

Massively looking forward to PLM and hope the Gilmour hype is real.

It's going to be tough but we're better placed than two years ago I think.

Ok just tried having a look at other teams midfielders and previous years top midfielders in the Premiership. Has any one looked at Brentford’s or Brighton’s etc. New faces coming in all over the place. Some with no Premiership experience. 
Kenny can and will do a job for us.

How can Salah, Son & Havertz be listed as midfielders I’ll never know.