Sign in to follow this  
ScouseSte

Stuff to do before the match

15 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Welcome back to the fine city, I hope your lads behave themselves!

Not sure how old your bairns are, but if they're in single figures then they might enjoy the dinosaur trail around the city at the moment... if the weather's nice then it's a good city to walk around, loads of historic buildings and stuff: https://www.break-charity.org/map-trail-faqs/

You could probably tick off most of them in a couple of hours, and see the castle, cathedral and Elm Hill (famous medieval street) while you're at it: https://www.break-charity.org/media/yrmpbjzs/ggdm-0037-0621-break-gogodis-digital-trail-map-v2.pdf (the train station is in the bottom right).

I predicted 3-1 Liverpool... we've had a ton of players out with Covid, and had to cancel two pre-season friendlies... lost 3-0 at Newcastle last weekend, so we're hardly in ideal shape despite our good work in the transfer market. Realistically, we just want to be competitive... although last time the odds were stacked this much against us, we beat Man City 3-2... just sayin' 🙂

I watched the highlights of our 1 nil defeat v Liverpool 2 seasons ago and it was a game we could have drawn. Many games in that season we lost by the odd goal, plus we had many defensive injuries early on, so I do feel we have a chance to escape the drop this time round. It is far too early to gauge our strengths as our new players need to adjust and bed in. Certainly everyone seems to have us finishing 20th, and if we do, I know it won't be for the lack of recruitment and effort.

17 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

There were 75,000 of us in the Barclay, behind the goal that day, I think it is the same 75,000 that saw The Sex Pistols at West Runtion Pavilion (minus me) 😀.........

Don’t forget David Bowie at the theatre royal 😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Don't be too hard on yourself badger, we are all out of routine. 

Can we have Sarcastic Saturday  tomorrow  please, I'm feeling slightly  queasy from all this niceness. 

6 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Don’t forget David Bowie at the theatre royal 😉

How could I forget,  I was there,  or was it Barclay James Harvest...what was i thinking, paying good money as a teenager to witness utterly boring prog rock. ...my god they were dreadful.  Had gone with friends otherwise  I think I would have gone home early it was so dull.

58 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Can we have Sarcastic Saturday  tomorrow  please, I'm feeling slightly  queasy from all this niceness. 

Followed by Satanic Sunday, except that it will all be moot if this website does its usual weekend Cheshire Cat act...

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

How could I forget,  I was there,  or was it Barclay James Harvest...what was i thinking, paying good money as a teenager to witness utterly boring prog rock. ...my god they were dreadful.  Had gone with friends otherwise  I think I would have gone home early it was so dull.

Blimey! I saw BJH at least a couple of times at Theatre Royal and also the Pistols at Cromer Links Pavillion.

*Not quite the kudos of Pistols at WRP,  that was attended by a handful of people. The promoter said he'd book them again if he needed the place clearing out in good time 😃

Edited by Wings of a Sparrow

5 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

I was there too!

2 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Blimey! I saw BJH at least a couple of times at Theatre Royal and also the Pistols at Cromer Links Pavillion.

*Not quite the kudos of Pistols at WRP,  that was attended by a handful of people. The promoter said he'd book them again if he needed the place clearing out in good time 😃

I saw Iggy Pop West Runton Pavilion - the Idiot tour. I will never forget him trying to catch it in his mouth when people gobbed at him + smearing it all over his body.

Ah, the good old days!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

my god they were dreadful

You should have seen Van der Graaf Generator at the same venue 😫

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

I saw Iggy Pop West Runton Pavilion - the Idiot tour. I will never forget him trying to catch it in his mouth when people gobbed at him + smearing it all over his body.

Ah, the good old days!

Euugh. Disgusting habit at the best of times. I remember the Slits spitting mouthfuls of Breaker at us on the Clash White Riot Tour.

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

You should have seen Van der Graaf Generator at the same venue 😫

Made your hair stand on end

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Euugh. Disgusting habit at the best of times. I remember the Slits spitting mouthfuls of Breaker at us on the Clash White Riot Tour.

If you keep casually name dropping classic bands that I didn’t get to see I’m going to take a serious disliking to you 😁

• Haha 1

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

If you keep casually name dropping classic bands that I didn’t get to see I’m going to take a serious disliking to you 😁

I promise I won't mention Damned, Adverts, Stranglers, Penetration, Buzzcocks, Banshees, Dead Boys, Subway Sect, Motorhead, SLF, The Jam, UK Subs, the Boys, 999, XTC, TRB, Stranglers, Skids, Undertones, the Fall, Adam and the Ants, all original incarnations 😃

I think you can add laughing at at least a half of Arsenal's performance against Brentford on the train down to the list at the moment...

Just now, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I promise I won't mention Damned, Adverts, Stranglers, Penetration, Buzzcocks, Banshees, Dead Boys, Subway Sect, Motorhead, SLF, The Jam, UK Subs, the Boys, 999, XTC, TRB, Stranglers, Skids, Undertones, the Fall, Adam and the Ants, all original incarnations 😃

I’m ok with most of that 😁 Never getting to see the Jam is one of my biggest regrets. Penetration at St Andrews hall ? Yep, I was there for that one, saw the Undertones , Stranglers and SLF a number of times too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

I’m ok with most of that 😁 Never getting to see the Jam is one of my biggest regrets. Penetration at St Andrews hall ? Yep, I was there for that one, saw the Undertones , Stranglers and SLF a number of times too. 

👍

I'd love to have seen Talking Heads and Ramones, and somehow Generation X passed me by...

54 minutes ago, Badger said:

Ah, the good old days!

i was at that too. and Split enz.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Remember The Stranglers getting very angry when people were spitting at a gig in Great Yarmouth. 

Also remember being chased by a load of rockers after it finished.

21 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

i was at that too. and Split enz.

If I'd known you were there I'd have asked for a lift! I had to hitch  back to Norwich - West Runton wasn't the easiest of places to get to and from.

(Luckily I got a lift back, they guessed where we'd been).

Edited by Badger

51 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Yes, Undertones, Buzzcocks and The Stranglers were all at st Andrews hall as I remember. (Of course, that was in the days before it was too busy with Delia out campaigns.)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

If I'd known you were there I'd have asked for a lift! I had to hitch  back to Norwich - West Runton wasn't the easiest of places to get to and from.

(Luckily I got a lift back, they guessed where we'd been).

If we'd have given you a lift Badgero, you'd  have ended up going down the coast and ending up at a party in Sea Palling!!  

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

If we'd have given you a lift Badgero, you'd  have ended up going down the coast and ending up at a party in Sea Palling!!  

Sounds even better.

Remember that used to be a lot of beach parties at Cart Gap in those days!

Well anyway, I think that we've established that none of us are in our early 20s 😁

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Sounds even better.

Remember that used to be a lot of beach parties at Cart Gap in those days!

Well anyway, I think that we've established that none of us are in our early 20s 😁

That's my neck of the woods Badgero, before moving here.  If we'd have seen you we'd have stopped  as there's always room for one more in a van. Love that bit of the coast  , spent a lot of summers there as a kid/ teen.

13 hours ago, Badger said:

Sorry, I was being dumb - I forgot it was a late kick off😳 Plenty of time.

Happens to me all the time. Kick off times all over the place, welcome back to the Premier League.

Tickets arrived today, so got the full four hours. Unlike most other.

Just a heads up there's going to be a lot of angry Scousers at the ticket office. Angry at our own club (again), but some no doubt will misdirect their anger......

"""Dear Supporter,

We have become aware of a delay regarding delivery of our Norwich City away tickets.

We can confirm that all tickets were sent starting from the end of last week using first class delivery and you should have received them by now. We have however been informed that some areas of the Royal Mail network may have been impacted by COVID and that some tickets are currently sat in local sorting offices.

If you have not received your ticket we would strongly recommend that you visit your sorting office to check if the tickets are there for you.

If you do not have them in time for your visit to Norwich, please email the club via ticketing.services@liverpoolfc.com as soon as possible so we can organise a duplicate ticket for you to collect at Norwich City FC ticket office. Please note any emails sent to this inbox, that are not related to Norwich away will not be responded to.

Alternatively, you can contact our SLO line on 0151 230 5770 from 1.30pm on Saturday 14th August 2021 to request a duplicate ticket.

We apologise for any inconvenience to you,

Best regards,

Ticketing"

**** heads.

Just stop off at your sorting office before your five hour treck.

**** me, sometimes I wish I was a blue. Well, maybe not a blue but something else.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Remember The Stranglers getting very angry when people were spitting at a gig in Great Yarmouth. 

Also remember being chased by a load of rockers after it finished.

Yep they weren't very impressed with that.

There was always someone out to get you in GY, rockers then ironically mods and soul boys.